Obese Brit lost so much weight Thai Immigration refused to believe he was same person

webfact

what if it was the opposite? he the guy was skinny slim style and gained lot of wait here ?

will he be allowed with the extra kgs? or they probably charge him some extra for the over weight? hehe

A lot of patience is required here.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah,Phuket immigration at their finest.

They are doing a good job checking the passport and still people find something to moan about clap2.gif
Yeah but can't you tell the face is the same?

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I thought these biometric passports, were meant to stop this sort of confusion,and i wonder if someone come's here for say gender replacement treatment,[sorry i don't know the correct term],why don't we hear about them getting stopped,or maybe they do and we don't hear.

If you put lipstick on a pig you end up with a pig wearing lipstick.

I think this is where the biometric passports come into their own, relatively speaking, to sort through the disguises.................thumbsup.gif

But unless they (passports) are sponsored by weighwatchers or the like, not sure how they stand up against real-time visual identification for weight loss.

tongue.png

I shaved my beard and mustache, turning more than a bit gray, and dyed the hair at the wife's insistence, Nana Hotel didn't believe I was me either. Finally they relented when I held white paper over my face where my beard had been....

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

................But he's trying to get out of Thailand, not in............Who cares what he looks like.................One less pesky Farang in the Kingdom!

.............Typically Thai to get most things arse about face!

You missed all the fuss about a missing plane and people travelling on stolen passports?

What was the point of this story? To poke fun at the way Connor looked before the boxing regimen? To prove that Thais noticed the difference? To prove that passing Thai immigration is difficult if photos are not easily recognizable? Just exactly what is the point?

Thai photos taken at immigration are facial not full body. Why didn't the news show the two facial photos instead of a full body photo taken at the camp. Obviously showing the full body photo and calling him obese was designed for Thais to get a laugh at Connor's expense. Thais have plenty of things that others can laugh about. What goes around comes around.

• Like 1

................But he's trying to get out of Thailand, not in............Who cares what he looks like.................One less pesky Farang in the Kingdom!

.............Typically Thai to get most things arse about face!

You missed all the fuss about a missing plane and people travelling on stolen passports?

....Good Point.

Good going your tried the street food diet? enough of that and you chit your brain's out. Hope you didn't weight 6,000 LBS when you first arrived.cheesy.gif Amazing Thailand.

Mate you have been on that brew again,at this rate you will end up like tingtongdingdong,give a break ,for your own good.

I shaved my beard and mustache, turning more than a bit gray, and dyed the hair at the wife's insistence, Nana Hotel didn't believe I was me either. Finally they relented when I held white paper over my face where my beard had been....

Once i shaved my nether regions,hah,they did not pick up that little trick,biometric passports,rubbish i say.

OUTSTANDING!

I had a similar problem. When I came to Thailand I was about 14 stone and looked about 60 years old.

I went to 2 different training camps.........The first was Soi Cowboy the 2nd was Nana Plaza.

After training as hard as I possible and as often as I could, I lost 2 stone (Before you say a thing,I do mean in weight)

Just yesterday with my new Bruce Lee good looks and figure a young lady told me she thought I looked 32 year old.

The fact she said 2k short 4k long and I asked if that was US dollars or UK pounds has nothing to do with anything laugh.png

On a serious note..helluva achievement by the guy. Takes a lot of hard work and dedication to do what he did thumbsup.gifclap2.gif

Hey i am waiting for Scarpolo to comment,as he always seems to get it for free.

About a year ago I completely quit drinking beer and lost a great deal of weight. Last month I was in Australia and the immigration officer didn't believe I was the person on my passport photo. It took 2 supervisors to sort it out.

I have not touched beer since June 3rd last year, with that, some juicing for 30 days and exercise I have lost 21 kg - 46 pounds. Big difference between now and the last 12 months.

I am now thinking of going to a local Muay Thai club to take part in their daily fitness workout, I could not have contemplated that 12 months ago. If you want to loose weight stay off the beer!

I was amazed that simply getting off the beer would drop so much weight. The weight loss was a by product, I was just drinking way to much beer and needed to quit

Ye Gods man,please don't tell me you are British or Australian,as your words drinking too much beer are akin to Blasphemy,as there is no such action.

• Like 1

To those who don't know from "stones" this fine dude lost well over 100 pounds in a year. Wow! That is remarkable. Good luck to him to keep it going (the even harder part).

Eight stones = 112 lb = a hundredweight or 'cwt'. One stone is 14 lb. Say 6.5 kg is one stone, so he lost 50.9 kg - excellent.

I wish I could do half of that - good luck to the chap ...

BTW, I think there's some rule somewhere that passport photos have to show a 'recent likeness' - I can't remember the details but obviously his likeness had changed dramatically recently ie, in the course of a year.

Edited by Mister Fixit

What about some lady who was originally dark haired and went blonde. Is their any way she can change her passport photo or will she need to get a new passport.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I have not put on any weight since I came here eight years ago.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I've gained 4 stone since returning to the UK 4 months ago.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app