Obese Brit lost so much weight Thai Immigration refused to believe he was same person

webfact

Obese man lost so much weight in Thailand border guards refused to believe he was same person
Ross Connor spent £6,000 to join a year-long kick boxing camp in Phuket and by the time he wanted to go home he was 13st - but was detained at the airport

bgg.jpg
Source: Mirror/Internet

LONDON: -- A 21st man shed so much weight in Thailand that border guards refused to let him fly home as he looked so unlike official photos taken of him on arrival.

Ross Connor, 33, spent £6,000 to join a year-long kick boxing camp in Phuket and by the time he wanted to go home he was 13st .

He was detained at the airport until he showed officers photos that documented his fitness regime.

Ross, of Peterborough, Cambs, said: “It was a worrying moment.

“I knew I’d lost a lot of weight, but I never expected they wouldn’t let me on the plane.

“But when they showed me the image taken on my arrival, even I had trouble recognising myself.

“After all my hard work, I thought I wasn’t going to get home to show my family the result of my year of training.”

Full story: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/ross-connor-obese-man-lost-3536225

-- Mirror 2014-05-14

• Like 2

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About a year ago I completely quit drinking beer and lost a great deal of weight. Last month I was in Australia and the immigration officer didn't believe I was the person on my passport photo. It took 2 supervisors to sort it out.

How much weight did you lose?

My passport lasts 10 years.

I imagine a lot of people change a lot in 10 years!

Edited by Jingthing

I thought these biometric passports, were meant to stop this sort of confusion,and i wonder if someone come's here for say gender replacement treatment,[sorry i don't know the correct term],why don't we hear about them getting stopped,or maybe they do and we don't hear.

To those who don't know from "stones" this fine dude lost well over 100 pounds in a year. Wow! That is remarkable. Good luck to him to keep it going (the even harder part).

Do I get it right?

From the photo on the right side, he lost 100 pounds or 50 kg?

Well he looks fat but not that fat that he could loose 50 kg + has a lot more muscles than before.

If he has on the photo 120 kg, than he would have now 70 kg?

Or do I get something wrong?

Isn't it unusual for immigration to strip him down to his shorts for the photo on arrival? smile.png

Plus, is it just me or isn't it a bit odd that we don't see a proper "after" photo to compare to the "before" one. TBH, from his face he doesn't look like he's lost a huge amount of weight.

To those who don't know from "stones" this fine dude lost well over 100 pounds in a year. Wow! That is remarkable. Good luck to him to keep it going (the even harder part).

Do I get it right?

From the photo on the right side, he lost 100 pounds or 50 kg?

Well he looks fat but not that fat that he could loose 50 kg + has a lot more muscles than before.

If he has on the photo 120 kg, than he would have now 70 kg?

Or do I get something wrong?

21 stone is 294 pounds.

The article says he went from 21 to 13 stone.

That's an 8 stone loss to 182 pounds.

8 stone is 112 pounds.

Edited by Jingthing

Not to nit-pick, but 7 stone is just under 100 pounds...98 to be exact.

Edited by Seastallion

21 - 13 equals EIGHT.

8 x 14 equals 112.

Thanks for the clarification on that...makes about as much sense to me as "To those who don't know from 'Azerbaijani manat', it's the same as 100 Congolese francs" clap2.gif

• Like 1

Thanks for the clarification on that...makes about as much sense to me as "To those who don't know from 'Azerbaijani manat', it's the same as 100 Congolese francs" clap2.gif

No problem. I watch a lot of British television.

I lost 20kg ( I was 105kg before) and it really showed in my face and my passport was 3 years old. A few friends that I hadn't seen in a while said they didn't recognize me

Edited by dinger

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Made me laugh. That is 100% nit-picking. I see your post afterwards apologising as it was 8 stone and not 7, but yes you win the nit-pick Miester award ;)

• Like 2