How to request a letter from Khon Kaen immigration as proof of address?

Hello, sorry about my english...

I have been searching in posts, and have still doubts. I read that is different a "Certificate of Residence" and a "Letter of proof of residence", one poster talk about this like an "open letter for who concerns", and this is what i need, i think, because i was red stamped and requested to present a "proof of residence" in my next Visa application. I am not sure i can explain this in immigration, because of my poor english... What have to say? Please, literally, so i can write it and show to the staff in immigration...

I read about having a service invoice in my name as proof of address, i only have a health insurance card with my name and the address, would be okey?

Thanks in advance.

I may be having a Senior Moment here, but I'm confused as to what you are requesting. Are you requesting a proof of residency here in Thailand? KK immigration can do that. But your statement you need it for your next visa application confuses me, along with the red stamped bit, sort of makes me think you are requiring proof of residency outside Thailand

I know this sounds illogical, even absurd, but in my last Tourist Visa in Vientiane they red stamped me, and hand writted in Visa: "Proof of residence in Thailand and finacial income are required next time"

I can't understand it, and i really don't know what are they asking for...

Edited by AaronIsaan

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

If you was red stamped because of too many tourist visas, this will not help you.

What they want is proof you do not reside in Thailand.

I may be having a Senior Moment here, but I'm confused as to what you are requesting. Are you requesting a proof of residency here in Thailand? KK immigration can do that. But your statement you need it for your next visa application confuses me, along with the red stamped bit, sort of makes me think you are requiring proof of residency outside Thailand

post-166664-0-85488800-1396153599_thumb.

The certificate of residence from immigration should be enough.

Joe, thanks as always. As usual you can always clear things up in less than 140 characters!

(for the technology challenged, that's a geeky, twitter thang)

Edited by GinBoy2

The certificate of residence from immigration should be enough.

Thank you very much, but... (sure it's my fault... Guilty!) my doubt is still alive... It's the same thing "Certificate of Residence" and "letter of proof of residence"?

I went to the Local Ampher and completed the Certificate of Residence and had to have 2 witnesses who lived in the same soi, to verify that I had lived in the soi with my wife, after this was completed, I then received my Yellow residence book. Had no problem with immigration after that.

To the OP: I wonder whether it might be worth your while asking your country's Embassy whether they could provide the necessary letter (as an alternative to Immigration)? Unless they employ local staff to deal with enquiries of this sort, you should then be able to explain what was needed to someone there in your native language. On the other hand, they might well levy a sizeable charge for any letter.