Strict Fascino exchange policy

JSixpack

Geez! I've had very good luck with shops in Phantip and MBK taking back items that didn't work out for me. Of course, these were items that they already had in stock. If it were to be an expensive item that they had to special order from a supplier, I think that returning it would be a problem. They would have to calculate whether they could return the item to the supplier (maybe not) or sell it to another customer.

The way I read the OP is that the OP still was at the counter at the time he discovered the mistake " noticed the mistake when the price was rung up as about B300 more than I'd expected".

So i would assume that at that point no payment was made yet . "I thought I'd misread the price on the shelf, so I went back and realized what had happened. I picked up the correct item and then asked to exchange,"

So even if the payment was completed, but the product hadn't left the store yet, I have a hard time to believe this story.

Edited by ubonjoe
Changed font color

The way I read the OP is that the OP still was at the counter at the time he discovered the mistake " noticed the mistake when the price was rung up as about B300 more than I'd expected".

So i would assume that at that point no payment was made yet . "I thought I'd misread the price on the shelf, so I went back and realized what had happened. I picked up the correct item and then asked to exchange,"

So even if the payment was completed, but the product hadn't left the store yet, I have a hard time to believe this story.

Duh. If I hadn't paid, how could I have had a receipt to which they could point to the "No refunds or exchanges" policy?

No, I paid as I assumed I'd simply misread the price, probably picked up the larger size, which would have been OK.

I was in a bit of hurry anyway.

As to whether you can exchange after payment even if the product has not yet left the store, I also had a hard time believing you can't. Hence I'm alerting the forum members. You may try it yourself anytime and verify. smile.png

If I hadn't paid, of course they would have exchanged w/ no problem.

Next obtuseness.

Duh. No, I paid as I assumed I'd simply misread the price, maybe picked up the larger size, which would have been OK. So payment was complete. Then I double-checked. I was in a bit of hurry anyway.

Next.

So you say you hadn't left the shop, yet they didn't want to exchange ?

Duh. No, I paid as I assumed I'd simply misread the price, maybe picked up the larger size, which would have been OK. So payment was complete. Then I double-checked. I was in a bit of hurry anyway.

Next.

Exactly. Give it a try yourself--the more expensive the item, the better.

• Like 1

Next.

Exactly. Give it a try yourself--the more expensive the item, the better.

Well in that case I admire you that you didn't trash the store. I'm not gonna give it a try, because I'm sure strange things will happen in that store if they try to flick me that way.

In December of 2013 I went to Numchai Pattaya and bought a washing machine, big side by side refrigerator, 36" TV, microwave, boshe toaster, boshe mixer, coffee maker, water filter, and blender. I also bought 3 water heaters as I was told they were not furnished with my new condo. I asked for the items to be held for 2 weeks until the condo was completed and cleaned. In the meanwhile, I discovered the builder was furnishing the water heaters. I returned to Numchai and asked that the undelivered water heaters be credited to the purchase of a 60" TV at a much higher cost. I was passed from one person to another and after several hours I ended up with the store manager who agreed to the credit but with an attitude. I paid the difference for the TV and as I was walking out the manager caught up with me and said "next year we will NOT allow any exchanges whether they are delivered or not" I thanked him for the information and told him that policy would not effect me as I will no longer shop there. He seemed pleased to have one less customer keeping him from his Facebook, games and texting on his Smartphone.

Bottom line is Customer Service is non-existent in Thailand and the customer is an interruption in a retail salespersons day.

Customer service does exist here - at Central department store. I bought an expensive pair of shoes for my wife (around 4000 baht). She didn't like the colour, so I returned them and got an immediate refund, no questioned asked. They just made a quick inspection to see if they had been used. I didn't even have to exchange them for another item, which I didn't on this occasion. I've also returned bed sheets and exchanged them for other ones - no problems at all, even with the package having been opened.

• Like 1

Duh. If I hadn't paid, how could I have had a receipt to which they could point to the "No refunds or exchanges" policy?

No, I paid as I assumed I'd simply misread the price, probably picked up the larger size, which would have been OK.

As to whether you can exchange after payment even if the product has not yet left the store, I also had a hard time believing you can't. Hence I'm alerting the forum members. You may try it yourself anytime and verify. smile.png

Next obtuseness.

Just ignore him. biggrin.png He's following you around too....

Just a heads up for Friendship and Foodland. I've taken food items back for exchange/refund, no problems. It's easy to pick up the wrong item. LOL. I wanted to make some chicken soup and picked up a packet of beef stock by accident at Foodland. I was rather annoyed when I got home as I'm 10km round trip from Foodland. I went back the next day for a refund. Pretty expensive Australian stock at around 250 baht.smile.png

Next obtuseness.

Just ignore him. biggrin.png He's following you around too....

More fun to laugh at him and show his obtuseness and willful misunderstanding to the forum members. But best thing to do besides is keep reporting him for trolling, flaming, and stalking. Now he's had yet more of his posts removed. Gradually he gets himself banned like other argumentative pests. smile.png

It's a nice challenge to argue w/ someone who has a brain. Otherwise, as in this case, the laugh doesn't quite make up for the tedium.

Just a heads up for Friendship and Foodland. I've taken food items back for exchange/refund, no problems. It's easy to pick up the wrong item. LOL. I wanted to make some chicken soup and picked up a packet of beef stock by accident at Foodland. I was rather annoyed when I got home as I'm 10km round trip from Foodland. I went back the next day for a refund. Pretty expensive Australian stock at around 250 baht.smile.png

Very true, over the years I've had generally good success about returns and exchanges, esp. considering this is a developing country. Some years ago Best Supermarket refused to exchange a bottle of olive oil that, I noticed when I got it home, had passed its expiration date. I offered to trade up to a more expensive bottle, too. Since then I've made it a point to buy my olive oil elsewhere--not that they care, of course.

• Like 1