‘Untouchable’ drugs baron who ran international dealing ring from mansion in Thailand jailed

Boater

An ‘untouchable’ drugs baron who ran a worldwide heroin and cocaine dealing ring from a mansion in Thailand is facing prison today after being arrested at IKEA.

Craig Allen, from Sheffield, South Yorkshire, had convictions dating back to 1975 and 'thought he was above the law'.

But now, the 50-year-old - dubbed the 'ginger ninja' and 'little fella' - has been jailed for 20 years.

His drugs operation made him £5,000 a week, which was used to fund a lavish lifestyle at the luxury estate he shared with his Thai wife and child.

However, his empire crumbled when he was arrested at gunpoint - outside IKEA in Amsterdam - by Dutch police last October, and then extradited to the UK.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2628096/Drugs-baron-jailed-arrested-IKEA.html#ixzz31i1lGFBZ

Amsterdam is not a cheap city to live in, furniture is expensive 2-3 times more than Germany. IKEA whilst not the best, suits Amsterdam living. big items need lifted in due to ridiculously narrow and steep stair ways.

Edited by Skint

Worldwide drugs baron making only 5000 a week ? Either he wasn't such a big fish or his earnings have been grossly underestimated.

He must of been struggling to make even 5000, if he was shopping at IKEA laugh.png

Money doesn't necessarily buy taste.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Worldwide drugs baron making only 5000 a week ? Either he wasn't such a big fish or his earnings have been grossly underestimated.

He must of been struggling to make even 5000, if he was shopping at IKEA laugh.png

in this world, you could even go so far as to say those attracted to money dont have any taste.

Edited by daewruca

He has convictions dating back top when he was 10/11 years of age. He started young

and still shopping at IKEA?tongue.png

why would he buy expensive furniture for a dump he only rents to keep drugs in or organise their shipping ?

his "mansion" is in thailand ?

in this world, you could even go so far as to say those attracted to money dont have any taste.

You have no ikea how much I agree with you.

• Like 1

His drugs operation made him £5,000 a week

An ‘untouchable’ drugs baron who ran a worldwide heroin and cocaine

5k a week whistling.gif .... cant have been a very good drug baron then...

If anyone has read the book "Mr Nice" Howard Marks and the money he was moving a week running weed (provided he is not talking BS of course)

this "Pattaya drug baron" wouldnt even be a tea boy in the earning stakes, one suspects he is in the minor leagues

• Like 1

He has convictions dating back top when he was 10/11 years of age. He started young

and still shopping at IKEA?tongue.png

why would he buy expensive furniture for a dump he only rents to keep drugs in or organise their shipping ?

his "mansion" is in thailand ?

Why would a drug baron rent a dump ?

Even bigger question is why would a drug baron rent an unfurnished dump?

And the biggest question is, why would a drug baron go furniture shopping to furnish the dump?

Do not to need to have taste , can still buy ugly but expansive.

After shopping at ikea was he paying someone to put the furniture together or was he putting it together by himself ?

After all ikea comes in pieces ;)

Edited by Pralaad

Can't believe anyone came up with a weekly estimate that low. It says right in the article that when caught, this guy had 3kg of cocaine, 1kg of heroin, €425,000 in cash, just in his Dutch flat. Even if that was his entire cash stash, which is extremely unlikely, that would have been over a year of savings, assuming no spending. The guy was clearly making a lot more that 5,000 pounds/week.