Will I have problems with a triple entry tourist visa?

Sorry, trying to go through all the other threads, I am applying for my visa this week for July (US Passport), was going to get a triple entry tourist visa and was planning to do 30 day extension 3 times as well as leaving twice for the extra 60 days twice (270 days total). Is this unrealistic now?

Yes it is still possible. These new rules do not apply to real tourist visas. The confusion comes from people calling visa exempt entries tourist visas.

You should not apply for your visa now. It's 6 months validity starts from the date of issue. Wait until a couple of weeks before you are leaving to make the application.

• Like 1

Yes it is still possible. These new rules do not apply to real tourist visas. The confusion comes from people calling visa exempt entries tourist visas.

You should not apply for your visa now. It's 6 months validity starts from the date of issue. Wait until a couple of weeks before you are leaving to make the application.

Great thanks for the info. I lived in Thailand for three years (2009-2011), but had a non-immigrant O visa 98% of the time I was there. Never got a tourist visa like this and didn't realize the six months starts from the date it's issued.

I recently got a double visa from UK .

Just been to imperial world to extend it.

Got an extra 30 days.

Only took nearly 6 hours .

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Got an extra 30 days.

crikey. what time did you go? i went the other week, arrived at 9am, waited an hour for the office to open then was finished by 11am by which time the queues were huge. pays to go early i think.

I arrived at 10.00.

Got in the big Q for counter J.

But a lot of sneaky people were pushing in.

When I got to the counter .All was checked on ticket it told me 48 people before .

Came after lunch then got it. It's a slow system for 2014.

Never mind all done now

Great thanks for the info. I lived in Thailand for three years (2009-2011), but had a non-immigrant O visa 98% of the time I was there. Never got a tourist visa like this and didn't realize the six months starts from the date it's issued.

The vality period for all visas starts from the date of issue. If you look at one your non-o's you will see it is the same.

Curious, are people able to do more than one tourist visa in the same year?

And yes I mean real tourist visa... but the main concern is can they do a back to back triple entry tourist visa.

Getting more than 1 is no problem. But the rules depend on where you apply. At many places you will not get a new triple tourist visa, but might get a single or double.

Do you think getting a visa in the region will be made easier?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Getting more than 1 is no problem. But the rules depend on where you apply. At many places you will not get a new triple tourist visa, but might get a single or double.

Thank you.

I totally agree.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Thank you.

I totally agree.

I'm not an expert on this subject but I think you'll find you can only get a triple entry visa in you're home country.

When you go to the Thai embassy/consulate for you're next visa in which ever country you choose , it is advisable to take a proof of address and a bank book if you have Thai bank ac to prove you have enough finance for you're stay.

Personally I've not been asked for above items yet when I have renewed my tourist visa in Laos but with the new clampdown I will make sure I have them with me when I apply again in June !

• Like 1

Thank you.

I totally agree.

I'm not an expert on this subject but I think you'll find you can only get a triple entry visa in you're home country.

When you go to the Thai embassy/consulate for you're next visa in which ever country you choose , it is advisable to take a proof of address and a bank book if you have Thai bank ac to prove you have enough finance for you're stay.

Personally I've not been asked for above items yet when I have renewed my tourist visa in Laos but with the new clampdown I will make sure I have them with me when I apply again in June !

That sound like very bad advice to me. The whole point of the exercise is to stop people using Tourist Visas who are not really tourists and forcing them to get the correct visa for their status. The declaration that you have a Thai bank account will raise a red flag immediately. A simple tourist usually does not have a bank account in the country they are visiting for tourist purposes.

Den

Thank you.

I totally agree.

You can get a triple in Bali.

I am uncertain about the Thai authorities thinking but when i came three years ago I purchased at a Thai Councillor service two 60 day tourist Visas with the understanding that I would have to leave and return on the expiry of the first visa. I took their advice and never had any trouble.

I have received excellent synopsis of Visas on the Thai Visa Forum and the Mukdahan Thai Immigration personnel have assisted me and given me good advice. I take my Thai wife with me. She works for the government and sometimes she wears her uniform. I speak as much Thai as I am able with my limited Thai language skills. I thank them profusely.

After 120 days I changed to an non Immigrant "O" Visa obtained in Savanakhet and then applied for a Thai retirement Visa. I believe I am on my third Retirement Visa. Not exactly easy but worth it.

The Thai authorities do not like multiple renewals on the Visa on arrival because they are uncertain of the applicants intent.

It is not difficult to purchase one or two 60 day Thai visitor visas. It is not difficult to obtain a non Immigrant O Visa. These purchases must be done out of country. So why don't you ? I am sure there are multiple places these can be purchased. I prefer Savannakhet in Laos because there are few people who go there and it is very close to my residence.

"The confusion comes from people calling visa exempt entries tourist visas."

Amen.

Or calling them visas on arrival.

Or claiming they're here on a visa extension or doing a visa renewal.

In general conversation it may be purely semantics, but when discussing immigrations rules and regulations and their implications for those asking questions, , using the correct terms can be significant.

Got an extra 30 days.

I extended the first entry of my triple in Jomtien yesterday. Thought it was going to take hours, was in and out within 1 hour. I went at 9am, the officer was efficient and overall a good, easy extension.

Mario/ubonjoe,

A question on back to back TR visas. (In my home country, UK, Liverpool consulate).

I'm on my first triple in a new passport I got from Liverpool this year. I had one last year but ran out of pages so got a new passport. Got the visa easy and the lady in that consolute is great (we had an amusing conversation about the recent goings on in some other UK consolutes!)

Anyway, I'm going to be staying with border runs, extensions, for the max time I can, keeping in mind the visa use by date. My question is, when I go back to B'lighty, I'm probably going to be staying in the UK for 3 to 4 weeks for Xmas then wanting to get another Triple TR from Liverpool again. Do you envisage any problems, I'm guessing not as they have been great.

BTW, I'm under 50, not interested in marrying. I'm very interested in learning Thai, and will via an ED visa maybe next year, but at the moment another triple is where I'm at.

Sorry for thread-jacking but thought some other members maybe interested in getting TR visas back in there home country as I have to, and will be looking forward to, going back to cold, wet, dreary England!! But I think upto 1 month is all I'll be able to stand, lol

It is impossible to predict what the situation will be in one year, particularly in the UK, where the embassy recently imposed various conditions and restrictions on honorary consuls.

Thank you.

I totally agree.

That sound like very bad advice to me. The whole point of the exercise is to stop people using Tourist Visas who are not really tourists and forcing them to get the correct visa for their status. The declaration that you have a Thai bank account will raise a red flag immediately. A simple tourist usually does not have a bank account in the country they are visiting for tourist purposes.

Den

Den I think the idea is not to stop tourists but to have more control over who is here by trying to stop criminals and people staying here with insufficient funds and maybe working illegally .

By showing you have funds in a Thai ac and proof of where you are staying shows you are not trying to hide anything from immigration .

Next year I plan on getting an o visa and then a retirement visa but at the moment I'm only 49 so my visa options are limited and a tourist visa is the easiest option

Three entry tourist visa are available at many locations other than your home country. You can get one in Bali in fact.

Why would having a Thai bank account be a red flag. Not everybody wants to deal with ATM withdrawals that costs 180 baht now.

A Thai bank book is what the nearby consulates often ask for because it is easier for them to see that you are transferring funds into the country.

Having a Thai bank account might seem to indicate you are something other than a tourist. Do you really think 180 baht is a lot of money to a genuine tourist who is withdrawing 20,000 baht from an ATM?

If I went, say, to the US, the UK or France as a tourist, do you think I would open a bank account for the duration of my stay?. Not likely.

It is impossible to predict what the situation will be in one year, particularly in the UK, where the embassy recently imposed various conditions and restrictions on honorary consuls.

Yes I understand that but was asking in case there was any known issues or problems that the visa gurus on here may possibly know about.

The forum would grind to a halt if no one asked questions, posted enquiries or asked for advice, etc....

Three entry tourist visa are available at many locations other than your home country. You can get one in Bali in fact.

Why would having a Thai bank account be a red flag. Not everybody wants to deal with ATM withdrawals that costs 180 baht now.

A Thai bank book is what the nearby consulates often ask for because it is easier for them to see that you are transferring funds into the country.

Having a Thai bank account might seem to indicate you are something other than a tourist. Do you really think 180 baht is a lot of money to a genuine tourist who is withdrawing 20,000 baht from an ATM?

If I went, say, to the US, the UK or France as a tourist, do you think I would open a bank account for the duration of my stay?. Not likely.

I will just say what I said before. Consulates have asked for a Thai bank book and approved visas because it was presented. To me that indicates it is not a problem to have one.

Apparently you have not seen all the topics complaining about the 150 baht fee and now raising it to 180 baht.

Also not everybody wants to carry around 20K baht with them after making a withdrawal.

Just a comment on my experience with a tourist visa, don't know about your 'extras'. I applied at the Thai consulate in Melbourne, Australia.

Reading from my passport it says:

Type of visa: Tourist.

Catergory: TR.

Number of Entry: 3.

Issued at: Melbourne.

Date of Issue: 5 Mar 2014.

Enter before: 4 Sept 2014.

Remarks: Employment prohibited.

Nowhere does it say each entry is for 60 days (which I requested on my application form). However when I entered the country on 26 April my passport was stamped and says: Admitted 26 Apr 2014 Until 24 Jun 2014.

So they gave me the 60 days.

Written on the visa by the immigration officer at the airport is the notation '1.2. and 3', on separate lines. Next to the '1' is a date stamp: 26 Apr 2014.

My GF, a Thai accountant, enquired at the Mukdahan office per phone as to the new rules and was told: This visa entitles me to walk out at the border and walk back into Thailand to obtain the next 60 day visa. But, as a precaution before I walk out, go to said office to confirm these details over the counter (my comment - maybe they think the rules may change between now and then!).

All the best!

The new rules has nothing to do with tourist visas, so you should be fine.

Thanks Mario, obviously I'll call the consul when I'm back and have a chat with them, as I say, they have been great up to now and would recommend them to any would be UK visa applicants. Luckily my sis lives near Liverpool so do a family outing as well as a visa trip! I was in and out of the consul within 20 mins, very efficient. Call them to make appointment, I got mine within a few days.

I believe they can't do postal apps now, as they have to be done via the embassy in London but for a walk in service they were good.

Also, don't forget to activate the 3rd entry before the expiry date of the visa in your passport.....NOT the expiry date of the last stamp in your passport....have made that mistake before!

The new rules has nothing to do with tourist visas, so you should be fine.

Thanks Mario, obviously I'll call the consul when I'm back and have a chat with them, as I say, they have been great up to now and would recommend them to any would be UK visa applicants. Luckily my sis lives near Liverpool so do a family outing as well as a visa trip! I was in and out of the consul within 20 mins, very efficient. Call them to make appointment, I got mine within a few days.

I believe they can't do postal apps now, as they have to be done via the embassy in London but for a walk in service they were good.

Hello mxer90.

By coincidence, I was in correspondence with the Consulate at Hull last Tuesday along similar lines.

My email said:

Your computer records will confirm my history of travel to Thailand:

(1) January 2012 for 3 week visit. Obtained 30 day visa exempt stamp in

my passport on arrival at Bangkok airport.

(2) August 2012 - November 2012 for 3 month visit. Obtained single entry

tourist visa from Hull Consulate.

(3) January 2013 - September 2013 for 9 month visit. Obtained triple

entry tourist visa from Hull Consulate.

(4) November 2013 - August 2014 for 9 month visit. Obtained triple entry

visa from Hull Consulate.

I am still in Thailand and will fill back to UK on 1st August 2014. I

have some personal details to deal with and will then fly back to

Thailand on 1st October 2014. I intend to apply to Hull Consulate for

another (my third) triple visa during the last week of September 2014.

My Questions to you:

(1) as this will be my third application for a triple visa, will you

grant it?

(2) is there a limit to the number of triple entry visas that you will

grant to a UK citizen/British subject?

Hull Consulate replied within 30 minutes of receiving my email as follows:

You will be granted a further triple entry visa. There is no current

restriction on this being granted on multiple occasions.

Regards

Royal Thai Consulate (Hull)

Hope this sets your mind at rest mxer90

• Like 1

Nice one jukebox, obviously things can change and TiT means almost weekly! Lol. the time between my last triple was 3 months and I got a new passport in between but was just curious about leaving it only 3 or 4 weeks between and if there are limits. Each consul/embassy may vary so as you did its best to contact them, they seem to be really helpful, at least back in farangland/UK. 555

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

Sent from my Moby somewhere in the ether...