Where To Buy: Dishwasher Powder & Rinse Aid

Greenside

I know Rimping carries them but they are small and pricey packs. I thought Makro did too, but enquiries were met with blank looks - in fact, half of the staff didn't actually recognise the picture of an open and loaded machine when I resorted to Googling it on my phone and the others told me to use normal detergent. Would be surprised (and disappointed) if Rimping is the only game in town given that most of the electrical retailers now sell a selection of machines.

Edited by Greenside

Rimping Mae Cho on Highway 1001 seems to have a good selection of washing powders, even for front loading clothes washers. I'd certainly try them first off for your dishwashing items. They have a much wider selection of washing and cleaning gear than the other stores.

Bear in mind that the store is notorious for incorrectly shelving items. The Mae Cho store has an excellent English speaker at the front desk, and she's located things for me in the strangest places. e.g. dried fruit is shelved under 'macaroni', and the staff always put items with Thai language facing the customer.

You might also ask the folk who sell the machines.

The only kind I can find in Bangkok now is the Finnish and is both expensive and in my opinion not worth the price (both Foodland and Lotus stock it). I do not bother with any rinse but buy tablets online for last few years from Ebay supplier and get within a week and half the cost and they clean better.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DISHWASHER-TABLETS-60-Per-Box-Brand-New-45-15-FREE-SHIP-/220672068956

• 9 months later...

The only kind I can find in Bangkok now is the Finnish and is both expensive and in my opinion not worth the price (both Foodland and Lotus stock it). I do not bother with any rinse but buy tablets online for last few years from Ebay supplier and get within a week and half the cost and they clean better.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DISHWASHER-TABLETS-60-Per-Box-Brand-New-45-15-FREE-SHIP-/220672068956

I am wondering how you get this past customs?

If you have folks coming from UK ask them to bring you some in thats what we do , Lidl own brand ,bought mrs sappersrest a dish washer then found out to my horror finish tablets were £12 a box. A good little tip is to cut them in half makes no difference at all to the quality of the wash. Even after doing a full sunday roast.

We live in Sansai and the water is soft here you do not need to use salt.

• 1 year later...
On 3/1/2015 at 10:50 AM, Jeffrey346 said:

I am wondering how you get this past customs?

This is an old post but I still order on Ebay and have never had any customs issue - it is only about 700 baht ($19.99) for 60 day supply (without cutting in half).  Still have excellent service by seller.

On 1 March 2015 at 5:06 AM, sappersrest said:

If you have folks coming from UK ask them to bring you some in thats what we do , Lidl own brand ,bought mrs sappersrest a dish washer then found out to my horror finish tablets were £12 a box. A good little tip is to cut them in half makes no difference at all to the quality of the wash. Even after doing a full sunday roast.

We live in Sansai and the water is soft here you do not need to use salt.

Is that for a half load? Presumably these things are tested for the best cleaning results hence the size. Surely, if they could charge the same for half the size tablets they would wouldn't they?

I think I would prefer to use the recommended measure. Seems a hassle to cut.

I could love my head off when I read all this posts about trying to buy 

some things in a shop in Thailand and they can't get it 

I lived in Thailand for many years and moved away and I am glad  I did 

I can buy anything  back in OZ just in one shop  without any problems

OK Thai supporters pick on me now but I just don't care 

this is my opinion  

1 hour ago, White Christmas13 said:

I could love my head off when I read all this posts about trying to buy 

some things in a shop in Thailand and they can't get it 

I lived in Thailand for many years and moved away and I am glad  I did 

I can buy anything  back in OZ just in one shop  without any problems

OK Thai supporters pick on me now but I just don't care 

this is my opinion  

Most of us live here without needing that stuff and things like it.  We find it just fine without it and in many cases better.

3 hours ago, whatsupdoc said:

As mentioned above, look at Home Pro. I have bought dishwasher detergent before at the Hang Dong branch, suppose they still have it.

Home Pro was selling a reasonably priced local product last year but have only seen the much overpriced Finish in there stores recently.  

On 10/1/2016 at 1:12 PM, lopburi3 said:

This is an old post but I still order on Ebay and have never had any customs issue - it is only about 700 baht ($19.99) for 60 day supply (without cutting in half).  Still have excellent service by seller.

I buy Finish Quantum Pro.. top of the line from a seller on ebay for B1500.. 90 tabs.. delivered.. No tax or duty from customs as the seller declares it at $25. US

On 10/1/2016 at 8:31 PM, lopburi3 said:

Home Pro was selling a reasonably priced local product last year but have only seen the much overpriced Finish in there stores recently.  

The powder from Home Pro does an awefull job.. Finish is the best

It was a sad day when Foodland could not supply Cascade and Finish became the only option.  My opinion of Finish products is total negativity - but perhaps it varies by where they come from - here believe they came from Oz - the Electrasol from USA that Foodland also sold seemed to be much better (although same parent company).