DTAC 4G

SoFarAndNear

Hello everyone,

as far as I heard DTAC launched 4g in CBD bangkok. I have a galxy s4 with 100% LTE support on 2100mhz and also set my mobile to LTE auto mode. So it will use LTE if it is available. But I dont get any LTE connectivity in the city. Only H+

Someone can con firm that it works and maybe give some speed and connectivity results.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/702727-dtac-trinet-to-kick-off-4g-service-in-april/

Assuming you have an i9505 variant, you'll have to make sure you have a recent/current SIM, and are eligible to register for the new service.

Keep your battery charged. wink.png

http://www.dtac.co.th/4g/index-en.php#mobile-store

(note the USSD codes to check your SIM, register; the i9505 is not listed but it appears to support band 1, you may have to change your "Preferred network type", in Settings, Mobile network settings)

post-9615-0-86273300-1400138460_thumb.jp

OK, and you used the second code to register?

*364# SEND

And you got a reply?

And you're sure you're in a covered zone?

What do you see when you search for networks?

Could be a baseband issue?

Are you pre-paid? post-paid? Are you subscribed to a data plan? If so, which one?

For pre-paid you may need to be on a 399 or higher unlimited 3G plan. Maybe USSD *2014# Send might work?

Maybe contact DTAC? [email protected], or dial 1678

Hello,

just want to tell that it is working now. Went to the inner city and I got LTE symbol on my screen.

I guess the problem is that I was still on the old tariff. I am having the 399thb and it was automatically renewed yesterday I guess this was the moment when it changed my sim toballowbto connect to LTE network.

by the way nice speed...got much better ping times (30ms to google servers)then before with 3g (around 60ms). Download/upload rate was around 20mbit

• 4 weeks later...

Over here Dtac has just been upgraded to 3.75G, I guess that is how it's called if you get 3.75KB/sec download isn't it ?

Signal has gone down to 22% from 60% normally since this morning.

Of course the 3.75G is not fully implemented yet, as every 5 minutes it switches back to 0G.

I finally updated my phone and plan so am now seeing LTE in/around metro-Bangkok. LTE speeds are more symmetrical (12 Mbps/9/Mps) than 3G (25 Mbps/3Mbps), and it's free.

DTAC's WiFi, which has very limited availability, offers sick speeds.

post-9615-0-40737600-1402389168_thumb.jp

post-9615-0-63858500-1402389194_thumb.jp

post-9615-0-85855000-1402389221_thumb.jp

post-9615-0-79773800-1402389265_thumb.jp

post-9615-0-41038200-1402389671_thumb.jp

Over here Dtac has just been upgraded to 3.75G, I guess that is how it's called if you get 3.75KB/sec download isn't it ?

Of course the 3.75G is not fully implemented yet, as every 5 minutes it switches back to 0G.

36 hours now since I reported the problem to Dtac and still not fixed. I got confirmed now that it's not only me but the whole area.

YAY for Dtac, they are really cutting edge, according to seemingly only a very few posters on this forum.

36 hours now since I reported the problem to Dtac and still not fixed. I got confirmed now that it's not only me but the whole area.

YAY for Dtac, they are really cutting edge, according to seemingly only a very few posters on this forum.

Almost a week now and the far superior Dtac hasn't been able to fix the problem. Signal at 25%, where is almost 60% normally, and disconnect every 30 minutes for 5 minutes.

Sorry for the inconvenience the service staff repeats, as if i can buy something for that.

YAY for Dtac

Edited by JesseFrank