Thailand Elite easy access 500k THB card

So whatever happend to Stanley78 ? Did he get the visa on arrival?

Hello Hula Hoops,

I spoke with Stanley78, just a week or two ago and was discussing his arrival and initial plans when arriving into Thailand and haven't heard from him since. He's a busy man with many interests and it's a busy time when relocating ones life half way across the globe, but I will try to contact him and see what he's up to and to report in here if he's already arrived. He told me when he was arriving, it's just I have a memory like a sive.

I am keen to see how he got on as well.

• Like 2

I would not say they are basically the same. This is a 5 year visa. Extension of stay is 1 year. And there are a lot of other different things also.

There is no extension of stay. It is, as you said, a visa valid for multiple, ie an unlimited number of entries into Thailand within five years from its date of issue. On each entry, you receive a new permission to stay for one year.

Privilege%20Entry%20visa%20PE%20Bangkok%

Arrival%20stamp%20Privilege%20Entry%20PE

So once you have the "PE" visa each time one arrives and departs one gets the standard rectangular (entry) and triangular (exit) in and out stamps? 3 of these can fit on a page, which is good.

One of my concerns is my passport becoming full with unnecessary large chops and seals. My work involves constant travel, getting extra pages is a hassle 7d rather deal with later than sooner,

though it is inevitable.

Edited by arunsakda

It is interesting to see that there is no "Employment prohibited" wording anywhere. Does this mean that the holder can actually work in Thailand?

P.S. Many thanks to the guys for starting this thread and posting a pic of the actual visa. There's been a lot of fud written about this scheme, usually by people who know little to nothing about it.

It is interesting to see that there is no "Employment prohibited" wording anywhere. Does this mean that the holder can actually work in Thailand?

P.S. Many thanks to the guys for starting this thread and posting a pic of the actual visa. There's been a lot of fud written about this scheme, usually by people who know little to nothing about it.

TE answered Stanley78 about that: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/726441-thailand-elite-easy-access-500k-thb-card/page-11#entry7846916

• Like 1

I had a chat with ukrules in another thread, I believe the info belongs here (Click the arrows on the quote boxes to land in the original context):

Yes, I have confirmation of the extension every year. This is one of the selling points of the TE membership - you don't have to leave Thailand at all while you're a member.

Ok, that's good. And that's in any immigration office in Thailand ?

Yes it is, I confirmed this prior to getting mine as I don't live in Bangkok, I live in Hua Hin.

I'm sure some of the immigration offices won't be familiar with this visa but they will be able to find out by getting on the phone to HQ in Bangkok.

So, extensions look like any other extensions. Remember to add 1900baht to the costs per year if extending.

This also means there must be some police order/ministerial regulation in place. Still haven't found them.

I have the original Elite card. Issuance is in ChaengWattana only. 90 day extensions are done in other immigration offices (not sure if in each and every one, but in many others at least.

Extension can be done in two ways. Either visa run where you get a small stamp. Or you go to immigration and you get a half page stamp with lots of text on it.

I would guess the same process works for the Easy Access option, but I do not know.

Regarding another question here. Throwing away 0.5-1-2 mB at the elite card is the best possible proof you have cash. (See Zahavi signaling theory in evolutionary theory- sexual selection). That is why a SUV is sexy. Nothing is better proof of having money than smoking it into air.

• Like 1

I have the original Elite card. Issuance is in ChaengWattana only. 90 day extensions are done in other immigration offices (not sure if in each and every one, but in many others at least.

Extension can be done in two ways. Either visa run where you get a small stamp. Or you go to immigration and you get a half page stamp with lots of text on it.

I would guess the same process works for the Easy Access option, but I do not know.

Regarding another question here. Throwing away 0.5-1-2 mB at the elite card is the best possible proof you have cash. (See Zahavi signaling theory in evolutionary theory- sexual selection). That is why a SUV is sexy. Nothing is better proof of having money than smoking it into air.

Do you still get 90 day entrance stamps and 90 day extensions on your current 5 year visa with the original membership ?

I was somehow working on the assumption that now the rules have changed for the relaunched card that the original members would also be getting the very convenient one year entrance and renewal stamps.

Edited by ukrules

I had a chat with ukrules in another thread, I believe the info belongs here (Click the arrows on the quote boxes to land in the original context):

Yes, I have confirmation of the extension every year. This is one of the selling points of the TE membership - you don't have to leave Thailand at all while you're a member.

Ok, that's good. And that's in any immigration office in Thailand ?

Yes it is, I confirmed this prior to getting mine as I don't live in Bangkok, I live in Hua Hin.

I'm sure some of the immigration offices won't be familiar with this visa but they will be able to find out by getting on the phone to HQ in Bangkok.

So, extensions look like any other extensions. Remember to add 1900baht to the costs per year if extending.

This also means there must be some police order/ministerial regulation in place. Still haven't found them.

Some have posted that PE visas do not technically get extended but get stamped out/in again annually by immigration (like if one had done a visa run, which are now illegal), thus there is no 1900 baht fee.

Funny, in all the babbling by Thai officialdom on visas recently, they've never mentioned the PE visa and what it's intended for.

" The visa privilege conditions, extension periods, and fees (THB 1,900) are subject to change by Royal Thai government policies and the Thai Immigration Bureau."

Interesting...copied from Thailand Elite Card website.

You really hate this card don't you, I mean really, really hate it. Why is that ?

If you don't want to use it then don't get it.

I know for sure you weren't burned in the past as every TE card issued even under the old scheme is still valid so what gives with all the hate ?

You should watch out just in case someone logs all your previous posts and reports you for slandering this powerful and very well connected Thai company.

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 2

" The visa privilege conditions, extension periods, and fees (THB 1,900) are subject to change by Royal Thai government policies and the Thai Immigration Bureau."

You really hate this card don't you, I mean really, really hate it. Why is that ?

I know for sure you weren't burned in the past as every TE card issued even under the old scheme is still valid so what gives with all the hate ?

You should watch out just in case someone logs all your previous posts and reports you for slandering this powerful and very well connected Thai company.

lack of funds??

Edited by AYJAYDEE
  • Like 2

Funny, in all the babbling by Thai officialdom on visas recently, they've never mentioned the PE visa and what it's intended for.

The cynical part of me had thought that the timing of the introduction of the cheaper Elite card followed by the crackdown on border runs was suspicious - a scheme to raise more money for the government.

The absence of promotion suggests that either I was being too cynical, or official incompetence. And in Thailand it's rarely possible to be too cynical.

Why do you intentionally misrepresent other member's posts? I have said in several posts in multiple threads that this is a viable option for some people who are not yet retirement age and have the funds. I even said if the 500k option was available at the start 10 years ago I would have seriously considered purchasing one. If that's your definition of hate, then so be it.

Maybe it's my legal background, but I'm always interested in the details of things and the language used to express ideas. (I'm also one who actually reads the micro-print 15 page terms and conditions pamphlet when I sign up for a new credit card...I can't help it :))

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

TE answered Stanley78 about that: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/726441-thailand-elite-easy-access-500k-thb-card/page-11#entry7846916

Thanks for the pointer:) All I can say is that if this easy acess card had been available when I first came to Thailand it would have been a total no-brainer to get one. I travelled all over SEAsia and Thailand for about a year, and then settled in Thailand and did visa runs to stay. The costs of the visa runs, transport, visas, accomodation, etc was not inconsiderable - especially as I did not have a regular schedule and was popping back to my own country occasionally as well.

The only fly in the ointment with the assisted work-permit (one day is impressive) is probably the inability of the average Thai employer to get the paperwork together. I wonder what the PE card people can do for someone setting up the minimum business needed to be "self-employed" here.

At the end of the day, when Immigration is presented with something that implies or says PE, "Privileged Entry Visa", as per the Elite Access card, I can't help but feel that has to carry some cache and added respect towards the holder in regards to any interaction with Immigration officials.

It's not hard to imagine how this could emolliate some unexpected extraneous issue(s) during an entry,

maybe not enough pages left in passport, something on your person that may be prohibited, anything, etc,

this could be a nice ace in the hold, maybe garnering extra latitude by an official.

This program remains a great option and IMHO worth every cent.

• Like 1

All I can say is that if this easy acess card had been available when I first came to Thailand it would have been a total no-brainer to get one.

I wonder why the heck they don't advertise it on every corner when this is the only feasible way to stay in Thailand for those under 50, who are not working, studying or married to a Thai.

As for cost, 100k per year is less than what you'd pay for example for a year's course in a legit (non visa-mill type) Thai language school.

When I mentioned this Easy Access program on a Thailand related forum in my country, I was flooded with questions and PMs - no one even heard of it before, even though it would be a total no-brainer for many of them.

At the end of the day, when Immigration is presented with something that implies or says PE, "Privileged Entry Visa", as per the Elite Access card, I can't help but feel that has to carry some cache and added respect towards the holder in regards to any interaction with Immigration officials.

It's not hard to imagine how this could emolliate some unexpected extraneous issue(s) during an entry,

maybe not enough pages left in passport, something on your person that may be prohibited, anything, etc,

this could be a nice ace in the hold, maybe garnering extra latitude by an official.

Perhaps they should've named id "Thailand Hi-So" for added effect biggrin.png

Does TE have a hotline, in case you get into trouble at the border point at Nakhon Nowhere with an officer who thinks the visa sticker was bought at Khao San Road ?

Perhaps they should've named id "Thailand Hi-So" for added effect biggrin.png

Does TE have a hotline, in case you get into trouble at the border point at Nakhon Nowhere with an officer who thinks the visa sticker was bought at Khao San Road ?

they have a 24 hour call centre

rick

I just sent an email to TE, telling them that it was a very good idea to introduce an "Easy Access" cheaper option.

The more members the better.

But I suggested that they also introduce a more expensive "platinum style" option, with a higher one-time fee and a higher annual fee, and added benefits.

The really wealthy would not mind to pay more for more privileges :)

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Greetings from Thailand Elite

Firstly, thank you very much for taking a time to contact us and interest in our program.

According to your mail. Thailand Easy Access, this program member will acquire 5 years multiple entry visa (Tourist Visa). This visa allow you stay in Thailand as Thai citizen. You can travel in and out as much as you wish without doing permit entry. Moreover, If you have permanence residence in Bangkok you do not need to do 90 days report we have staff do it instead you but you must prepare document and send to us. Not only visa that we issue to you but we also provide unlimited airport service and limousine 24 time per calendar year transfer you to airport – residence – airport.

The document which we required are;

- Copy of passport (send by mail. I will pass it to immigration office to check record this process take not over 3 working days)

- Application form (send by mail first then you get approval letter please kindly sign in every page and send the original one to me)

- Current picture

Totally process is not over 10 working days. Please kindly find the full detail and application form in the attached file herewith. Should you have any question please do not hesitate to contact me any time. We look forward to welcoming you as Elite member soon.

Best regards,

Pattarachok Tangcharoenworakul

Sales Channel Manager

Thailand Privilege Card Co., Ltd.

Tel: +662 353 4130/ +668 4930 3292

Straight to the point.Easy Access Application Form.pdfEASY ACCESS - Fact Sheet.pdf

Edited by CroBiker
  • Like 1

it sounds like this is mean for legit business people. What are you putting for your line of business?

My official status would be "retired 40 yr old" not sure if that's gonna fly.

When I'm asked about my professional status, I usually answer "Investor". There are quite a few beer boxes I've invested on. Suitably vague and correct enough.

• Like 1

I have chosen to not change the card. So I am on unchanged card. One can accept a change of card, and get different terms. I have not checked all changes, just kept it as it is

I am getting a stamp 90day in the border (need to have hte magnetic visa like card with you).

after 90 days I go to immigration, fill a singel extension form, passport copies signed visa page signed, a picture. and here you go for another 90 days.

Do you still get 90 day entrance stamps and 90 day extensions on your current 5 year visa with the original membership ?

I was somehow working on the assumption that now the rules have changed for the relaunched card that the original members would also be getting the very convenient one year entrance and renewal stamps.

• Like 1

This is a standard text in 90% of deals you do "we reserve the right etc. etc."

At the bottom of it, cancelling the card without compensation will be disreputable for the thai government, that is why this is not going to happen

Individually, a person can always be rejected from the plan for specific circumstances. that is a given. In which case, he might get some kind of refund. As the card is useless

Also, for the full card (not the easy access), one can transfer it, so it is still an asset one can sell

what a bullshit, thai law is valid for all the same, the can not ask people who are married to a thai and have kids here to show money and other people would get a granted Visa.

this card is a memebrship card, but you still need to qualify like all other people,

it is not a VISA, go to an embassy, nobodys know it, go to your local imigration, the dont know it

Firstly, thank you very much for taking a time to contact us and interest in our program.

According to your mail. Thailand Easy Access, this program member will acquire 5 years multiple entry visa (Tourist Visa). This visa allow you stay in Thailand as Thai citizen. You can travel in and out as much as you wish without doing permit entry. Moreover, If you have permanence residence in Bangkok you do not need to do 90 days report we have staff do it instead you but you must prepare document and send to us. Not only visa that we issue to you but we also provide unlimited airport service and limousine 24 time per calendar year transfer you to airport – residence – airport.

- Copy of passport (send by mail. I will pass it to immigration office to check record this process take not over 3 working days)

- Application form (send by mail first then you get approval letter please kindly sign in every page and send the original one to me)

- Current picture

Totally process is not over 10 working days. Please kindly find the full detail and application form in the attached file herewith. Should you have any question please do not hesitate to contact me any time. We look forward to welcoming you as Elite member soon.

Best regards,

Sales Channel Manager

Straight to the point.attachicon.gifEasy Access Application Form.pdfattachicon.gifEASY ACCESS - Fact Sheet.pdfattachicon.gifvisa.jpg

so you get a visa only with a passport copy? wow,

so why all people have to give their original passport to the Embassy and have to shop up personally for Visa in Europe?

- Current picture

Best regards,

Sales Channel Manager

Straight to the point.attachicon.gifEasy Access Application Form.pdfattachicon.gifEASY ACCESS - Fact Sheet.pdfattachicon.gifvisa.jpg

so you get a visa only with a passport copy? wow,

so why all people have to give their original passport to the Embassy and have to shop up personally for Visa in Europe?

Passport copy is for Immigration blacklist check only. Once you get green light original passport is to be submitted to Immigration. Can't believe this has to be explained rolleyes.gif

• Like 2