Thailand Elite easy access 500k THB card

Thank you, so to make it clear.

I could stay 1 year without leaving the country

But I need to report by post every 90 days and pay 1900 baht

So I will never have to go anywhere to meet any immigration and tell him information about my life that I do not want to talk about with anyone ? (reason why I hate all the other visas or extensions, I am not their friend and don't talk to peple who are not my friends)

When having this card are we treated better and do they understand that we are not simple tourists or just passers-by ?

Thanks again.

The 1 extentions dont have to be done if you leave the country. You get stamped in for one year if you fly out and back in again then get stamped in for a year. The extention costs 1900 bht not the 90 day report. The 5 year easy access is limited to 24 limos a year and the 20 year visa unlimited. All fast tracked thru imigration and limos are only to certain areas. Not matter what every trip you give 5 days notice of arrival on international flights and get met at the plane and fast tracked thru imigration and all taken care of by elite staff. Initailly before you apply and send a copy of your passport to them to get imigration approval (takes 3 days) then get a letter by email to say your have been cleared and all the rest is taken care by elite staff. Irs very easy and all staff very helpful all available 24 / 7 all year round. Hope that helps.

Sent from my GT-I8552B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Sorry to correct your useful information.

For the assistance at the airport, the member should give notice of his arrival at least 5 hours before arrival. Not 5 days.

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

So I will never have to go anywhere to meet any immigration and tell him information about my life that I do not want to talk about with anyone ? (reason why I hate all the other visas or extensions, I am not their friend and don't talk to peple who are not my friends)

When having this card are we treated better and do they understand that we are not simple tourists or just passers-by ?

Thanks again.

Yes you can stay for 1 year without leaving the country as you get a 1 year stamp in your passport when you arrive.

The 90 day report is free and always has been so that costs you nothing but you still have to do it.

The extensions should you choose to use them cost 1900 Baht which can be done at the end of the year. If you choose to stay for a full year without leaving you can extend it for another year by paying the 1900 Baht, once per year every year if you want to.

They've always treated me just fine at immigration, I only got my membership to this last month but I've been here for a few years now.

For the initial visa insertion you can have Thailand Elite turn up and do everything for you so you don't need to meet or speak to anyone at immigration if you use the concierge service for this, you just sit in the waiting area while it's all done for you. Edit : This is if you apply while you're already inside Thailand, I don't know how they do the initial visa insertion if you apply outside of Thailand, perhaps it's on arrival when you're met by TE staff at the gate.

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 1

Thanks again.

The 1 extentions dont have to be done if you leave the country. You get stamped in for one year if you fly out and back in again then get stamped in for a year. The extention costs 1900 bht not the 90 day report. The 5 year easy access is limited to 24 limos a year and the 20 year visa unlimited. All fast tracked thru imigration and limos are only to certain areas. Not matter what every trip you give 5 days notice of arrival on international flights and get met at the plane and fast tracked thru imigration and all taken care of by elite staff. Initailly before you apply and send a copy of your passport to them to get imigration approval (takes 3 days) then get a letter by email to say your have been cleared and all the rest is taken care by elite staff. Irs very easy and all staff very helpful all available 24 / 7 all year round. Hope that helps.

Sorry to correct your useful information.

For the assistance at the airport, the member should give notice of his arrival at least 5 hours before arrival. Not 5 days.

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thank you. Yes my mistake its 5 days for the 1 year extentions.

Thanks again.

Yes you can stay for 1 year without leaving the country as you get a 1 year stamp in your passport when you arrive.

The 90 day report is free and always has been so that costs you nothing but you still have to do it.

The extensions should you choose to use them cost 1900 Baht which can be done at the end of the year. If you choose to stay for a full year without leaving you can extend it for another year by paying the 1900 Baht, once per year every year if you want to.

They've always treated me just fine at immigration, I only got my membership to this last month but I've been here for a few years now.

For the initial visa insertion you can have Thailand Elite turn up and do everything for you so you don't need to meet or speak to anyone at immigration if you use the concierge service for this, you just sit in the waiting area while it's all done for you. Edit : This is if you apply while you're already inside Thailand, I don't know how they do the initial visa insertion if you apply outside of Thailand, perhaps it's on arrival when you're met by TE staff at the gate.

You seem happy with this service ? Staff are nice ?

Thanks again.

You seem happy with this service ? Staff are nice ?

Yes, they are efficient, professional and speak good English. I've spoken to them on the phone several times with no problems.

When I met them at Chaeng Wattana to have the visa inserted into my passport the Thailand Elite employee turned up on time and did everything for me, it didn't take long either and I didn't need to 'take a number' from the machine.

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 1

A quick read of the whole website answers all the questions that have been asked in the 26 pages or so.

A call to the support phone number on the website answers the immigration/visa questions.

The only things that can be a worry is the longevity of the company running it...the website refers to it as a State company enacted under parliament.

There is a section under the Immigration police act that allows the Minister to approve of special circumstance so thats probably where this gets covered.

The website is quite clear.

If I was under 50, had the money I had then and wanted to retire in Thailand I would buy the 20 year card. If I was a bit less flush of money I would buy the 5 year card.

Regards

• Like 2

In fact both cards are the same price, if we look at the years of membership.

500,000 for 5 years, or 2.000.000 for 20 years.

What I like with the 5 years' option is that it allows new members to test the services of Thailand Elite before to commit for a longer period.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

It is not the same price.

20 years 2mil. plus 7% vat, yearly fee 20K plus 7% vat.

5 years 500K, no vat, no yearly fee.

Edited by paz

Any idea what happens after 5 years regarding the price?

As an existing member will you get the same rate for the next 5 years or has Elite the option to increase the price.

I have wondered about this. They go out of their way to mention that an Easy Access member can 'upgrade' to the Individual membership for 1.5 Million Baht + VAT and the yearly 20k fee which doesn't seem like much of a good deal if you can just join again after your 5 year membership expires.

I can't really see why anyone with the cheaper Easy Access membership would ever 'upgrade' to the 20 year Individual membership under the present conditions and circumstances.

This leads me to believe that things may change a lot over the next few years and TE are planning for this well in advance.

I guess it's possible that they plan to increase the price of the Easy Access membership at some point in the next few years before any of the existing 5 year cards expire.

If the retirement visa extension age is raised to 60 in the future then that might make a 20 year membership more worthwhile for me although I would always go with the 5 year option while it's available. That is unless it becomes much more expensive for each year or phased out entirely at some point in the future.

Does the upgrade to a full 20 year membership make any sense to anyone else ?

Any idea what happens after 5 years regarding the price?

As an existing member will you get the same rate for the next 5 years or has Elite the option to increase the price.

I have wondered about this. They go out of their way to mention that an Easy Access member can 'upgrade' to the Individual membership for 1.5 Million Baht + VAT and the yearly 20k fee which doesn't seem like much of a good deal if you can just join again after your 5 year membership expires.

I can't really see why anyone with the cheaper Easy Access membership would ever 'upgrade' to the 20 year Individual membership under the present conditions and circumstances.

This leads me to believe that things may change a lot over the next few years and TE are planning for this well in advance.

I guess it's possible that they plan to increase the price of the Easy Access membership at some point in the next few years before any of the existing 5 year cards expire.

If the retirement visa extension age is raised to 60 in the future then that might make a 20 year membership more worthwhile for me although I would always go with the 5 year option while it's available. That is unless it becomes much more expensive for each year or phased out entirely at some point in the future.

Does the upgrade to a full 20 year membership make any sense to anyone else ?

For some it does, for some it doesn't. For me personally, while I could "easily" get 1/2million, if that was the only way I could stay in Thailand, I wouldn't.

It is not the same price.

20 years 2mil. plus 7% vat, yearly fee 20K plus 7% vat.

5 years 500K, no vat, no yearly fee.

Is it confirmed by a user that there is 7% VAT on the 20-year deal?

The monthly fee is to pay for all the other perks, memberships and services that the easy access plan does not have, so the prices are actually highly comparable. I'd go the easy access route if I was under 50 and just renew it every 5 years, but if I wanted to play a lot of golf, etc, the 20 year option makes sense.

5.1 Membership Fee

THB 2,000,000 (two million Baht only) exclusive of value added tax per Membership or an equivalent amount in USD pursuant to the Exchange rate which will be notified by the Company or the Sales Agent (as the case may be) to the applicant/ the Member.

Ubonjoe I read that too before I paid but the price is actually inclusive of sales tax. Maybe bad translation. You pay the price advertised no more

5.1 Membership Fee

THB 2,000,000 (two million Baht only) exclusive of value added tax per Membership or an equivalent amount in USD pursuant to the Exchange rate which will be notified by the Company or the Sales Agent (as the case may be) to the applicant/ the Member.

Ubonjoe I read that too before I paid but the price is actually inclusive of sales tax. Maybe bad translation. You pay the price advertised no more

Thanks for the clarification. I did wonder why vat was on the 20-year card but not the 5-year one. I'm guessing that the monthly fee is inclusive of any tax also, but that is not yet confirmed.

On that basis the only question for a potential user would be: "Are the facilities and services provided for the monthly fee something I really want/need?"

The people who have asked me about this do not actually play golf, etc, but are well below the 50 year old limit. I am suggesting that they get successive 5 year cards until they can get a retirement extension and then use one of the many agents to accompany them to immigration when renewing their extension. With a multiple re-entry permit and 90-day reports by post, their exposure to the immigration offices is down to one event per year. Their decision will now be based on their need to be "handled" through airport immigration and chauffeured to their destination.

5.1 Membership Fee

Thanks for the clarification. I did wonder why vat was on the 20-year card but not the 5-year one. I'm guessing that the monthly fee is inclusive of any tax also, but that is not yet confirmed.

On that basis the only question for a potential user would be: "Are the facilities and services provided for the monthly fee something I really want/need?"

The people who have asked me about this do not actually play golf, etc, but are well below the 50 year old limit. I am suggesting that they get successive 5 year cards until they can get a retirement extension and then use one of the many agents to accompany them to immigration when renewing their extension. With a multiple re-entry permit and 90-day reports by post, their exposure to the immigration offices is down to one event per year. Their decision will now be based on their need to be "handled" through airport immigration and chauffeured to their destination.

Actually I got the 5 year one so maybe the 20 year one is excluded the tax. Sorry for the confusion

5.1 Membership Fee

And now we speak about VAT :)

After this, "someone" will probably argue that to send your application to Thailand Elite you had to use an envelope and a stamp... which makes the application process outrageously expensive :)

Anything is good to criticize this program. Too funny :)

By the way, back in 2003 I paid the amount (1 million) without the VAT.

• Like 2

5.1 Membership Fee

Actually I got the 5 year one so maybe the 20 year one is excluded the tax. Sorry for the confusion

5.1 Membership Fee

The orders governing PE visa have been published in the Gazette on 14 March 2556: http://www.matichon.co.th/news_detail.php?newsid=1363262247 . Still have to dig up the actual text, although the one in the link is likely to be a straight copy of it.

So they do in fact exist and use this clause in the immigration act:

Section 17 : In certain special cases , the Minister , by the Cabinet approval , may permit any alien or any group of aliens to stay in the Kingdom under certain conditions , or may conditions , or may consider exemption from being conformity with this Act.

Finally some clarity. It's legit.

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 2

Also note that contrary to some people claiming that this visa is intended for "businessmen doing short visits to Thailand", there is nothing of the sort in the order:

• there are no limitations on the number of visits or total length of stay; the order says unlimited 1-year entries and 1-year extensions
  • there are no restrictions on the purpose of visit (i.e. it is not limited to tourism or short trips)

Thus, according to the law, this visa is perfectly suitable for people staying in Thailand long term provided they don't need to work to support themselves.

• Like 1

The orders governing PE visa have been published in the Gazette on 14 March 2556: http://www.matichon.co.th/news_detail.php?newsid=1363262247 . Still have to dig up the actual text, although the one in the link is likely to be a straight copy of it.

Section 17 : In certain special cases , the Minister , by the Cabinet approval , may permit any alien or any group of aliens to stay in the Kingdom under certain conditions , or may conditions , or may consider exemption from being conformity with this Act.

Well it's been operating for 11 or 12 years already. I suspect the above link replaces older legislation when the change was made from 90 day stamps to 1 year stamps.

• Like 1

With 2800 members enrolled in the Thailand Elite program since over 10 years, countless members sharing their views (on the extremely convenient Thailand Elite visa) on this forum, with some members even posting pictures of their visa,... it was quite evident that this program is "legit" :)

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 1

It's legit when the legislation is there, not when people say so. I'm satisfied with this thing now that the cabinet decision has been found and it's clear it's not just a prolonged under the table deal.

The legislation was there before too :)

But I am feeling especially happy that, finally, you found peace, as well as the answer to your last question before to apply for the Elite card and join thousands of happy members enjoying their priceless visa :)

• Like 2