Thailand Elite easy access 500k THB card

I will post here when I do my first 90 day report at Hua Hin immigration in a couple of months time.

I didn't think you had to report every 90 days with this PE visa?

The 90 days policy is a different part of the legislation. Mandatory for everyone on temporary permit to stay.

I think you mixed it with the staff of Thailand Elite doing it for you if you're in BKK. You can let someone else do it for you anywhere, just sign the form yourself. My wife just went to do mine, I'm feeling too lazy :-p

Would be interesting to know how many members here have bought the Easy Access card. I can also see why someone over 50 might also consider having the card to avoid 5 years of going through the tedium of the retirement visa process.

Would be interesting to know how many members here have bought the Easy Access card. I can also see why someone over 50 might also consider having the card to avoid 5 years of going through the tedium of the retirement visa process.

No problem, at least in Pattaya. Most of my friends are in and out in 30 minutes. If saving 30 minutes of your time, when your RETIRED, is worth 100,000 baht to someone, then maybe so.

is there the peason that a card is not necessary any more ?

is there the peason who i didnot golf or spa or didnot go to thailand ?

i am looking for the first original thai elite card .

it is necessary for me to live in thailand

for a disease for medical treatment ,

is the peason selling a card as cheap as possible?

if there is , please do not answer here.

please e-mail for me directly ,,,

thank you very much for your help.

you can save my life...

Thank you! I appreciate the clearly written report from someone who has taken advantage of this option. As I have a 30 year home, dogs, vehicles, insurance, son/grandkids up in Chiang Mai, etc., I have nested here a bit prematurely. (That's my own fault/gamble.) I am retired, but 'only' 48 years old and experiencing visa hassles for the first time - exhausting almost all options now. It is nice to know I have a final possible fallback option beyond moving to Siem Reap or... then back in 18 months. I'd pay a fair bit not to have to do that. Your post was very helpful. Much appreciated.

If you have the money, are financially comfortable, and want trouble free long stays in Thailand... Go for Thailand Elite Card.

There is no better option.

(I am a member since 10 years).

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

...I can also see why someone over 50 might also consider having the card to avoid 5 years of going through the tedium of the retirement visa process.

Agree,

The annual paper chase of a retirement visa is tedious,

If you have the resources why go thru it,

Other than the 90 day reporting which applies to any visa, Eliite Access is as good as it can get IMHO.

...I can also see why someone over 50 might also consider having the card to avoid 5 years of going through the tedium of the retirement visa process.

Agree,

Other than the 90 day reporting which applies to any visa, Eliite Access is as good as it can get IMHO.

What paper chase? If one is retired and can afford 500k baht every 5 years, one presumably could also afford to put 800k baht in a Thai bank account right? Then there is little to no "paper chase" annually; only a stop at the bank on the morning one goes to renew to get the bank letter and update the bank book. I've got a secret for you, most, most people with allot of "resources" didn't get that way by throwing money down the toilet for unnecessary extravagances. The 4000-5000 baht in interest i got last year in my savings account also would pay for a couple airport taxi runs or fast track immigration meet and greets the priviledge card people throw in for "free" as well.

Agree,

What paper chase? If one is retired and can afford 500k baht every 5 years, one presumably could also afford to put 800k baht in a Thai bank account right? Then there is little to no "paper chase" annually; only a stop at the bank on the morning one goes to renew to get the bank letter and update the bank book. I've got a secret for you, most, most people with allot of "resources" didn't get that way by throwing money down the toilet for unnecessary extravagances. The 4000-5000 baht in interest i got last year in my savings account also would pay for a couple airport taxi runs or fast track immigration meet and greets the priviledge card people throw in for "free" as well.

You still have to resubmit all related paper work every year,

that remain tedious.

One man's "unnecessary extravagance" is another man's practical utility,

Wow, 4000-5000 baht interest on your savings account paid for a couple of taxis, Warren Buffett would be impressed.

Yes, it's obvious you are person of great resource, please continue with more tips on how not to throw money down the toilet.

coffee1.gif

Edited by cobra

Wow, 4000-5000 baht interest on your savings account paid for a couple of taxis, Warren Buffett would be impressed.

Yes, it's obvious you are person of great resource, please continue with more tips on how not to throw money down the toilet.

coffee1.gif

Just because you're rich, you should not be contemptuous to people that is not, or values money differently. Even I had a million dollars, I would not pay 16,000 for the Elite card, rather I would so something different with it.

I have a friend that has the 10 year card, I don't question his choices, he doesn't question mine.

Agree,

You still have to resubmit all related paper work every year,

that remain tedious.

coffee1.gif

And you have to do the same with the elite visa too every year, sans the stop at the bank. It's not a 5 year permission to stay stamp...only a 5 year visa period. One has to get re-stamped/extended annually (and do 90-day reports like everyone else [yes I know they'll do it for you if one lives in bangkok]). I knew someone would poo-poo the 5000 baht figure....but it's actually a non-interest account, supposedly, so I don't even know why I get that money. The funds for the 800k bank deposit are supposed to be in a non-term, I.e., savings account, and these pay little interest. So actually, people who go this route have to be resourced enough to forgo interest on this money.

So yeah, if one's retired and not having to stop at the bank once a year is worth 100,000 baht (I mean you're retired right, what else does one have to do) then by all means, get an elite visa; and keep paying this 100,000 baht fee for every year of your retirement in Thailand. I'll spend that 100,000 baht on some good meals and a business class fare Stateside annually.

And you have to do the same with the elite visa too every year, sans the stop at the bank. It's not a 5 year permission to stay stamp...only a 5 year visa period. One has to get re-stamped/extended annually (and do 90-day reports like everyone else [yes I know they'll do it for you if one lives in bangkok]). I knew someone would poo-poo the 5000 baht figure....but it's actually a non-interest account, supposedly, so I don't even know why I get that money. The funds for the 800k bank deposit are supposed to be in a non-term, I.e., savings account, and these pay little interest. So actually, people who go this route have to be resourced enough to forgo interest on this money.

So yeah, if one's retired and not having to stop at the bank once a year is worth 100,000 baht (I mean you're retired right, what else does one have to do) then by all means, get an elite visa; and keep paying this 100,000 baht fee for every year of your retirement in Thailand. I'll spend that 100,000 baht on some good meals and a business class fare Stateside annually.

That is not precisely correct.

The PE visa is a multiple entry visa valid for 5 years that gives a one year entry every time you enter the country.

If a person was to leave and re-enter the country during any of their one year entries they would get another one year entry. In this case there would be no need to go to immigration for anything other than 90 day reports if they chose to do them in person.

Also if they stayed for a full year my understanding is that an extension is not needed. It is simply a matter of going to immigration with the assistance of a Thailand elite staff member to get a new one year entry stamp.

• Like 1

That is not precisely correct.

The PE visa is a multiple entry visa valid for 5 years that gives a one year entry every time you enter the country.

If a person was to leave and re-enter the country during any of their one year entries they would get another one year entry. In this case there would be no need to go to immigration for anything other than 90 day reports if they chose to do them in person.

Also if they stayed for a full year my understanding is that an extension is not needed. It is simply a matter of going to immigration with the assistance of a Thailand elite staff member to get a new one year entry stamp.

If that's the case, I stand happily corrected. However, my basic point is correct. If one is using the PE visa in lieu of a retirement extension, if one doesn't travel, one has to go to immigration to extend or get stamped in again once a year. If one traveled outside the country at least once a year each year of the PE, then I guess one would never have to do an annual visit to immigration (if one lived in Bangkok; so it would be only 4, as opposed to 5 for the rest of us, visits to immigration annually). (As the PE is so new, has anyone actually got an entry stamp past the initial 1-year entry on a subsequent entry; or only up to the end of the first one-year entry period?)

Again, for this priviledge, one is also paying B100,000 for every year in perpetuity.

It is the same as any other multiple entry visa. It has a M in beside entries. You could use the OA visa as an example that can give 2 years of stay from a visa valid for 1 year.. You get a 1 year entry every every time you use it up to the visas expiration date.

• Like 1

It is the same as any other multiple entry visa. It has a M in beside entries. You could use the OA visa as an example that can give 2 years of stay from a visa valid for 1 year.. You get a 1 year entry every every time you use it up to the visas expiration date.

Ok...so we can confirm it's only 4 trips to immigration, not 5, for non-Bangkok PE holders (if one spends more money and leaves the country at least once annually). So the one trip savings costs 100,000 baht. Of course, I'm sure the non-Bangkok retired PE holders would also use runners to do their 90-day reports so I guess no more trips to immigration. If that's worth 100,000 baht ++++ then go for it.

Interesting. This would circumvent the current extension rules. So basically, you'd get a new entry stamp, without leaving Thailand ? I suppose an exit stamp as well ? The mother off all visa runs .. would you actually have to be physically present and step over the immigration line at the airport or how would this work ?

Interesting. This would circumvent the current extension rules. So basically, you'd get a new entry stamp, without leaving Thailand ? I suppose an exit stamp as well ? The mother off all visa runs .. would you actually have to be physically present and step over the immigration line at the airport or how would this work ?

The PE visa is done under different rules than others. They would just stamp a new permitted to stay date one year from the date when it was done..

I don't think I mentioned anything about doing it at the airport,

The PE visa is done under different rules than others. They would just stamp a new permitted to stay date one year from the date when it was done..

I mentioned the airport (meaning swampy) as it seems to be the place TE prefers to process the entries.

It's this "different rules" part that bugs me. What exactly are those rules ? Who made them ? Are they publicly available ? And I don't mean the sales pitches from TE, I mean official government rules.

• Like 2

I don't recall any mention of the airport being where they processed the entries, A person with a PE visa can enter anywhere. They would do a new entry stamp at CW like they did the visa.

It would be ministerial regulations that cover the visa and etc. You could search the Royal Gazette for them.

They would do a new entry stamp at CW like they did the visa.

Is this the case ? You walk into CW and walk out with a pristine 1y extension stamp in your passport ? Is it only CW ?

Another point that "remains to be seen" is if you can do a visa run on the last days of the validity of the 5y visa and actually get six years of stay out of it. Have to wait five years to see how it actually goes in practice, I suppose.

Is this the case ? You walk into CW and walk out with a pristine 1y extension stamp in your passport ? Is it only CW ?

Another point that "remains to be seen" is if you can do a visa run on the last days of the validity of the 5y visa and actually get six years of stay out of it. Have to wait five years to see how it actually goes in practice, I suppose.

As I wrote before you would make arrangements for the new entry with Thailand Elite meaning it would almost certainly need to be done at CW.

If you got a one year permit to stay just before the visa expired you would just need to get a re-entry permit to keep the entry valid if you wanted to travel. It would again would be like the OA visa as an example.

I mentioned the airport (meaning swampy) as it seems to be the place TE prefers to process the entries.

It's this "different rules" part that bugs me. What exactly are those rules ? Who made them ? Are they publicly available ? And I don't mean the sales pitches from TE, I mean official government rules.

Exactly the point I've made several times...where are the ministerial regulations allowing for these deviations from the current laws/regulations? Have they been signed-off on by a minister with appropriate powers...have they been printed in the Royal Gazette?

As I wrote before you would make arrangements for the new entry with Thailand Elite meaning it would almost certainly need to be done at CW.

Ok. I took the word "entry" as actually exiting&entering Thailand again, instead of a new stamp entry in the passport.

Edited by DrTuner

If you got a one year permit to stay just before the visa expired you would just need to get a re-entry permit to keep the entry valid if you wanted to travel. It would again would be like the OA visa as an example.

That's an interesting wrinkle I hadn't thought about before...and applies to lo-so non-imm visas too I suppose...that if one goes in and out shortly before the one year expiration and received the final 3 month entry, if one travels out again without a re-entry permit early in the 3 month period, one would only get a 30-day entry (or country appropriate entry) on one's return. Within the visa validity period it's 3 months but outside of it, w/p RE permit it's not. Will have to remember that!

The website says it costs 2mil baht with a 20k bhat anual fee.

5.1 Membership Fee
THB 2,000,000 (two million Baht only) exclusive of value added tax per Membership or an equivalent amount in USD pursuant to the Exchange rate which will be notified by the Company or the Sales Agent (as the case may be) to the applicant/ the Member.
5.2 Annual Fee
THB 20,000 (twenty thousand Baht only) exclusive of value added tax per annum or an equivalent amount in USD pursuant to the Exchange rate which will be notified by the Company or the Sales Agent (as the case may be) to the applicant/ the Member.

Edited by OnMyWay2