Elected Thai senators to boycott informal meeting

webfact

Elected senators to boycott informal meeting

elected-senators-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A group of elected senators who claimed to have support from 50 elected senators said it would boycott an informal meeting of the Senate Friday to find ways out of the political impasse.

Tree Dan-paibul, Lamphun senator, and seven other elevated senators, stated at a press conference Thursday that they strongly believed that the Senate now remains the core institution to resolve the political impasse but it also should listen to thoughts and proposals from all sides and people.

He said the proposed prime minister under Article 7 is not right and violates the Constitution, but would like the caretaker government to speedily cooperate with the Election Commission to hold general election as soon as possible.

His group agreed with national reform but would need participation from all sectors of the societies which might take one year to accomplish.

He disagreed with the attempt of the acting Senate speaker to find ways out for the country without listening to all sides.

Besides, he said, bringing senators out to express their views publicly is inappropriate and risks to be rejected by other groups of people.

It was a wrong start and not a sustainable solution to the conflicts, he said and added that this prompted his group to boycott informal meeting Friday.

Mr Tree said his group still believed democracy remains a solution to the political impasse and the Senate has to remain neutral under the current volatile political environment.

The acting speaker Surachai Liangboonlertchai should not take it for granted that his meeting with representatives of several groups of people is the resolution of the whole Senate, he said and warned that under the current situation, if the Senate missteps, the country will be tremendously damaged.

In resolving any conflict, it needs to listen to all sides, he said and added that his group felt that elected senators were not given equal practise same as those selected senators.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/elected-senators-boycott-informal-meeting/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-05-16

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Doesn't matter attend or boycott, its now Suthep and his puppets turn to establish dictatorship.

With the beehive of activity in the Senate this week, it's incredulous that people would still be bleating on about Suthep.

Let's see the fairy tale ending of a Wannabe-dictator's daydream.

coffee1.gif

The constitution needs to be amended the right way and all senators and governors must be elected not having someone pick who going to be your voice about matters of state. Free and fair elections need to be held now and reform of people rights to vote for their choice to represent them not some elite academic who doesn't not represent your feeling.

• Like 2

The constitution needs to be amended the right way and all senators and governors must be elected not having someone pick who going to be your voice about matters of state. Free and fair elections need to be held now and reform of people rights to vote for their choice to represent them not some elite academic who doesn't not represent your feeling.

If only wishing could make it so. Unfortunately, "free and fair" elections are not possible in the present political climate.

• Like 1

Even the senate cannot agree whether they should step in against their very own constitution and these constant referels to senators bought by Thaksin are getting boring can you detractors please provide some bonafide proof please.

It's the same rhetoric over and over and over again from the anti Thaksin anti Suthep members who are not offering anything positive jus their personal grudges it's pretty petty and childish.

You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all of the people all of the time !!

H90 you want proof that these other senators exist but are more than happy to go along with the so called " majority " of the country that wants reforms before elections without proof that exists either? Pot calling the kettle black is it not?

You want your cake and to be able to eat it as well??

Stop with comparing Thailand with any other country in the world or even an ideal world, Thailand is unique and what is going on right now is unprecedented in their history and they are all like headless chickens and unable to make a decision that appeases or appeals to both sides of the political divide, forgetting that there are what? 50 odd other political parties in Thailand who can't do nothing due to the kids in the playground vying for whose ball it is to take home in a huff!!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Doesn't matter attend or boycott, its now Suthep and his puppets turn to establish dictatorship.

With the beehive of activity in the Senate this week, it's incredulous that people would still be bleating on about Suthep.

Let's see the fairy tale ending of a Wannabe-dictator's daydream.

coffee1.gif

Welcome to TVF, another replacement ?? already knowledgeable in pro gov prop., amazing how these newbies pop up already in denial.

Remember when I started I had to learn the hard way to find a stance to take. And you know already about the PTP failures and court actions ???

• Like 2

Thailand is in the final stages of being rid of a dictatorship, ---newbie 2 posts follow the rice/water management/school tablet/ law breaking government, you certainly chose a decent side to back.

• Like 1

He disagreed with the attempt of the acting Senate speaker to find ways out for the country without listening to all sides.

Niwatthamrong made an appointment to meet with Acting Senate Speaker Surachai, but then Niwatthamrong bailed.

It's up to PTP to join the discussions. But thus far they have refused.

the PDRC stormed a meeting designed to help and intimidating people as usual

Look at the VDO from this event and you'll see that nobody "stormed" into to meeting!

The PDRC came at the gate and asked to talk to K Niwatthamrong!

But the acting PM (Niwatthamrong) preferred to flee!!!

After he left (Niwatthamrong), the PDRC leaders where invited in to witness that the acting PM (Niwatthamrong) left already!

Plus of course that meeting had nothing to do with the Senate and accusing the Senate Speaker not to listen to all sides.

Pheu Thai side still refusing to talk to the Senate Speaker who wants to listen. CAPO warns senators. Even some senator's who Pheu Thai had described as "ours" refuse to talk.

• Like 2

Ginjag

Considering that any people in Thailand are very well aware of the political situation your making assumptions that some new posters are previously banned ones?

Who cares if they are or not ? Not me that's for sure in my opinion there's quite a few posters here need to to be given a " time out" but that's for the moderators to determine.

Opinions are just how people express themselves and most members here are less than whiter than white, they harp on about respecting laws etc but will not think twice about getting on their moped over the limit as breaking the very same laws of the land, or buying counterfeit DVDs and watches etc which actually breaks many federal laws worldwide and support video piracy. People in glass houses really ought to leave the stones on the ground and not be throwing them ;

Some posters here take the situation on Thailand very personally as if it's a life or death situation and again here in Krathok outside Korat everyone is getting on with their daily lives I don't see any Thais getting animated on the streets apart from those in Bangkok.

I return to work tomorrow and no doubt will be returning home in 6 weeks to a changed Thailand or maybe not!!

• Like 1

Ginjag

Considering that any people in Thailand are very well aware of the political situation your making assumptions that some new posters are previously banned ones?

Who cares if they are or not ? Not me that's for sure in my opinion there's quite a few posters here need to to be given a " time out" but that's for the moderators to determine.

Opinions are just how people express themselves and most members here are less than whiter than white, they harp on about respecting laws etc but will not think twice about getting on their moped over the limit as breaking the very same laws of the land, or buying counterfeit DVDs and watches etc which actually breaks many federal laws worldwide and support video piracy. People in glass houses really ought to leave the stones on the ground and not be throwing them ;

Some posters here take the situation on Thailand very personally as if it's a life or death situation and again here in Krathok outside Korat everyone is getting on with their daily lives I don't see any Thais getting animated on the streets apart from those in Bangkok.

I return to work tomorrow and no doubt will be returning home in 6 weeks to a changed Thailand or maybe not!!

Your first paragraph is false---and classed as a lie--I NEVER said they were previously banned. So your second line is adding flame to the first one. I am in no position and do not want to be a decider who should be posting.

Third paragraph is to collect brownie points for self ??

Fourth paragraph applies here UDON --nothing new to tell me there.

Bon voyage ginjag criticwink.png

To anyone who wants to make more of this, it's not new in the last 6 months many old pro supporters have vanished, and new sort of replacement turns up.

Up to posters who they want to back, it's not wrong it is a little weird this is happening, because over the years people come and go -naturally.

A previous post of mine explains my new start on TVF --I was very cautious, and had to learn from scratch.---observation--nothing personal.thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Niwatthamrong made an appointment to meet with Acting Senate Speaker Surachai, but then Niwatthamrong bailed.

It's up to PTP to join the discussions. But thus far they have refused.

the PDRC stormed a meeting designed to help and intimidating people as usual

Following the government/red shirt attack on the protestors the night before that left 3 dead and 21 injured, Niwatthamrong had just finished telling the EC that things were becoming more peaceful and the number of PDRC protestors was dwindling so rapidly that a disruption-free election on 20 July would be nay problem with absolutely no need for any special clauses in the royal decree giving the EC the right to pospone or cancel it due to instability. Scarcely were these words out of his mouth when the news reached the meeting room that the PDRC had surrounded the venue and would soon force their way into the building, at which the brave caretakers took their heels leaving a trail of faeces behind them.

Before the next meeting with the EC the government had better stage a much more devastating attack on the PDRC to make sure they won't try to disrupt the meeting and they can say with more certainty that they are taking concrete steps to reduce the PDRC numbers. A squadron of police helicopter gunships firing rockets and .50 calibre machine guns should do the trick.

Edited by Dogmatix

Ginjag you made a comment that in my opinion was a reference to a previous incarnate otherwise why did you say what you did?

You think that only TVF members are up to speed on Thai politics ?

Your on the defensive which again is indicative of the original nature of your post!!

So what if a person with 1 post opens up with a condemnation of the PDRC/UDD/PTP or whatever they chose, don't you think that's up to them and their right of expression ?

Your always quick to jump on anyone who views the PTP in a glowing light and your not shy in offering your opinions and these are respected by me the same as everyone else who posts whether they have 1 post to their name or 50,000 having a huge post count in a short space of time just means too much time spent on the computer getting wound up and also being bored!! I know that when I'm working in the office I spend way too much time posting in TVF ;)

Having a high post count in my opinion doesn't earn any extra respect , that's earned when I like a particular post and yesterday you posted a very good one when I asked if your so anti Government run for office :)

All I was indicating was that just because someone has aligned themselves with a particular group in 1 or 2 posts it's no big deal :)

Stop using the that's a LIE stuff, it's called what people are interpreting or an opinion put your petted lip away just like all the post I've read of yours it is my opinion you're more a yellow shirt than a red, just like you associate me with being a red, I too could throw a teddy and say that's a LIE but why bother ? It's no big deal it's your prerogative to make up your own opinions. doesn't mean diddly squat to me what you think of my stance as it means nothing as I'm not in a position to make the changes needed to push Thailand forward :D so go and pick up your teddy and enjoy the rest of the afternoon ;)

Yes indeed. Thailand should be firmly told what to do by a farang poster named after a fruit

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app