Bangkok to Jomtien

LuckyLew

We are of to Jomtien next weekend and we are looking at the best way to get there.

Since we have never been can someone share some advise

I checked previous threads and it seems only buses to Jomtien leave from Suvarnabhumi,

Is this still the case? or do they also leave from Ekkamai?

Does buses still only leave every two hours from the airport? do they leave on odd hours or even hours?

If we go from Ekkamai to Pattaya North bus station ..

What is the best way to get to Jomtien?

We are staying at http://www.pattayapark.com/

Anyone stay there? any good? recommend it?

What is the best restaurant in Jomtien for Ribs?
What is the best restaurant in Jomtien for fish and chips?

Thanks in advance

LL

I don't know of a big bus that goes to Jomtien from Ekamai. There are mini buses, but not sure I'd want to take one of those. Worst case, go to the Pattaya bus station and pay some 300-400B for a private baht bus to Jomtien. There is a bus from Suvarnabhumi that goes into Jomtien and it's a short walk over to the hotel. But would be a very hot walk this time of year.

Lots of reviews of the hotel here: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293919-d1191092-Reviews-Pattaya_Park_Beach_Resort-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

P.S. Let's move this over to the Pattaya forum.

Depending on where the OP lives in Bangkok I would suggest going to the airport and taking the hourly big bus for 130B.

At the bus station he could cross the road and take a regular bahtbus (10B) to the top of Soi Pattayapark from where it is downhill all the way (literally and figuratively).

Or he can walk all the way (~20mins, partially uphill) if not carrying too much luggage.

Or a private bahtbus hire from the bus station to PattayaPark should be very cheap (negotiable).

It all rather depends on how many they are and how much luggage they have.

Anyone staying/eating at/near PattayaPark will need a Russian phrasebook as I dont think there is a single English sign in the whole soi any more, apart from maybe 7/11.

Best ribs in Jomtien? No idea. Probably in Pattaya.

F&C? I like the Golden Friar for 100B. Others prefer Simon's for about 200B. Both are between the Hanuman statue and Beach Rd.

You can walk along Dongtan beach from PattayaPark to Jomtien beach road which avoids the hills and the traffic and is much shorter than going by road. But watch out at night.

You can always book a taxi direct BKK to Jomtien for 1,200-1,500 baht.

That bus from the airport to Jomtien (Food Mart plaza on Thapphraya) is a nice service using modern Sun Long buses. 134 baht, leaves hourly. It's NOT the Bell Travel airport bus for 250 baht. (Ultimately all services are owned by Roong Reuang.) This is the one I recommend. But you have to take the airport train out to the Swampy for 35/90 baht City Line/Express.

From Ekamai, take the Pattaya bus (124 baht, leaving almost every 20 minutes) to the Pattaya North station, and as others suggest, hire a baht bus taxi to Jomtien, exactly where you want to go. However, a warning. The Mercedes buses in the fleet have barely adequate air con. Try to get a Scania or Golden Dragon bus -- much better air con in this hot season. Just walk around to Platform 1 and see what bus make is waiting.

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp

Can recommend a taxi lady who has done the Bangkok to Pattaya run for me a few times.

Nice clean car. Think it's a Toyota. Not had a deep, meaningful conversation with her, but her English is pretty good for sorting out dates, times, flight numbers, etc.

She's the only driver I've used repeatedly.

Cost me 1200 each way.

PM me if you want her details.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

You have two options going by bus.

From Ekkamai a bus leaves everry 30 minutes to North Pattaya bus station. From there you take the waiting bahtbus which will cost you around 30 baht and bring you to South Pattaya and then change to the normal 10 baht bus to Jomtien.

Option 2 is to get to the airport and take the direct bus to Jomtien bus station. Price is 134 baht and it leaves almost every hour. Best option imo.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by balo

Best way if you have a few Baht is to get a taxi. Should cost around Bht1,500 one way

Just waste of money

Take the bus for 134 baht . You can eat dinner in Pattaya 5 nights in a row and still have money left with 1500 baht .

• Like 2