Which city / place will be the next "Pattaya" in Myanmar?

dagling

No way in he!! the current authorities will ever allow anything like Pattaya in their country! Are you kidding?

I remember about 10 years ago I was on Phu Quoc island off the coast of southern Vietnam with a friend, a Vietnamese girl I knew from Saigon who had family down there. She was showing me around and said "Soon this will be the next Singapore." I wasn't impressed - and still, to this day, how many people have heard of Phu Quoc? - and thought to myself "This place is still 50 years away from being the next Koh Samui'', forget Singapore.

There will be no Pattaya-style city in Burma in our lifetimes, unless you are 2 years old.

• Like 2

No way in he!! the current authorities will ever allow anything like Pattaya in their country! Are you kidding?

I remember about 10 years ago I was on Phu Quoc island off the coast of southern Vietnam with a friend, a Vietnamese girl I knew from Saigon who had family down there. She was showing me around and said "Soon this will be the next Singapore." I wasn't impressed - and still, to this day, how many people have heard of Phu Quoc? - and thought to myself "This place is still 50 years away from being the next Koh Samui'', forget Singapore.

There will be no Pattaya-style city in Burma in our lifetimes, unless you are 2 years old.

I have been on Phu Quoc many times and always enjoyed it a lot. There are very few girls so to speak and the few there are expensive. One does not go to Phu Quoc for human company only for solitude. Nice, but not spectacular beaches and some nice scenery but again, nothing spectacular. Phu Quoc is a, by VN standards heavily militarized zone for the protection of Phu Quoc from the claim that the island belongs to Cambodia. Historically it does and most likely some day it will be again. It is much closer to the Cambodian shores than VN. As for the next Singapore..............never even come close.

The high room renting price in myamars capital of over 80000 baht a month

For a 2 bed room!

make a next Pattaya impossible!

Burmese woman and all others will come to Pattaya after ASEAN comes in a couple of years!

The soul of Thailand will change dramaticly!

Is this a serious question......are you bored.......run out of love and money in Pattaya, and looking for the next swing to play on....Oh my Buddha, give it a break and find something useful coffee1.gif to do with your time.

Who the hell are you to tell me how I should spend my time?

No, I'm still married and getting my dose of love. Have money in the bank.

I am living in the north-east Thailand, and have never liked Pattaya.

One can do good investment if one knows where the flower will bloom ...

• Like 1

The high room renting price in myamars capital of over 80000 baht a month

For a 2 bed room!

make a next Pattaya impossible!

Burmese woman and all others will come to Pattaya after ASEAN comes in a couple of years!

The soul of Thailand will change dramaticly!

inform yourself Sandman. there won't be anybody coming of the category you mean.

(a) provide within the scope of this Agreement the rights and obligations additional to those

set out in the ASEAN Framework Agreement on Services and its Implementing Protocols in

relation to the movement of natural persons between Member States;

(B)facilitate the movement of natural persons engaged in the conduct of trade: in goods, trade in services and investment between Member States;

© establish streamlined and transparent procedures for applications for immigration

formalities for the temporary entry or temporary stay of natural persons to whom this

Agreement applies; and

(d) protect the integrity of Member States’ borders and protect the domestic labour force and

permanent employment in the territories of Member States.

Anybody have any opinion on which city / place most likely to be the next "Pattaya" in Myanmar?

Is that some sort of imprecatory prayer aimed at a country that has already suffered aplenty?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I live in Pattaya and accept the good and bad that it offers. I hope that Myanmar learns from the good and bad apsects of Pattaya, (as well as other places), and becomes whatever the Myanmar people want it to become.

My time is limited and I choose to live life here on life's terms. When I can't do that, the world is a big place and I can move on.

Can you tell us what is good about Pattaya?

• Like 1

Is this a serious question......are you bored.......run out of love and money in Pattaya, and looking for the next swing to play on....Oh my Buddha, give it a break and find something useful coffee1.gif to do with your time.

Who the hell are you to tell me how I should spend my time?

No, I'm still married and getting my dose of love. Have money in the bank.

I am living in the north-east Thailand, and have never liked Pattaya.

One can do good investment if one knows where the flower will bloom ...

Wow Snarky. Truth must have hurt!

wrong question - i only can hope that no other place or city on this planet will copy dirty pattaya

Just who says Pattaya is dirty? Many seem to Love it here and for those that don't you will not be missed..

Depends on what you're used to I guess. On the plus side it does keep most of the riff raff here in one place. thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

I live in Pattaya and accept the good and bad that it offers. I hope that Myanmar learns from the good and bad apsects of Pattaya, (as well as other places), and becomes whatever the Myanmar people want it to become.

My time is limited and I choose to live life here on life's terms. When I can't do that, the world is a big place and I can move on.

Can you tell us what is good about Pattaya?
The beaches and temples

Probably not Burma. But Cambodia's Sihanoukville is getting there. I expect Angeles City in the Philippines isn't far off already.

Sihanoukville, surely will go that route.

Angeles City has only one Red Light Area (Fields Ave/Perimeter Road), which will never really get bigger. It does not even rival "Walking Street". Pattaya has several sois, plus walking street and soi Buakhao, for that purpose. Without a beach front and other types of entertainment.....Fields Avenue will never really explode into a Pattaya. Perhaps Clark (GMA) will takeover the role of the two Airports in Manila. If that ever happens, Fields Avenue will tame down, as it is adjacent to Clark Field. Perhaps the whole mess will move to Subic. Bargal Operations have been shutdown entirely in the past (for example, in Subic by Kate Gordon in the 90's), and quite a while back in Ermita, Manila (80's). A change in Mayors is all it takes. Things just go underground, actually, with Karaoke clubs taking over the sale of young girls.

Hello HooHaa, I guess you are right in your assumption that it was off topic and "one size fits all". It just makes me mad that people treat each other so poorly and rude. I do apologise to mod for being off topic

wrong question - i only can hope that no other place or city on this planet will copy dirty pattaya

Just who says Pattaya is dirty? Many seem to Love it here and for those that don't you will not be missed..

Well I live there and would say it is.

Fly tipping and rubbish in many places, walked down a horribly littered street recently only 50m from Jomtiem beach.

But the place does have a number of positives these days, plenty to do for one.

Will Burma get a Pattaya, personally I do not know .

SE Asia does cater for that type of tourist at varying price levels.

The OP simply wish there was a city like pattaya in Myanmar thus twisted the question in a manner so that he could get sort of an idea from where he could get more nightlife pleasure in Myanmar during his visa run...