Media Influence

Sheryl

Well wait a second now. When I said that they were natural, I meant she didn't have them enlarged. As far as getting a lift on them or something, I don't know about that. Maybe she did. All I meant was that she didn't have them enlarged. I thought that was what you were talking about. Sorry. :o

I wonder if all these women getting large fake breasts realise how uncomfortable it can be to have big boobs .... or maybe it's not the same as if they're natural. Sometimes, at the end of the day my chest is in pain from the weight and being constricted all day ... probably doesn't help that there's only one brand of bra in Thailand that makes them in my size (with only a couple of styles to choose from) so I don't get much choice in the style and comfort of a bra.

All the celebrities with fake boobs also make people question if naturally large boobs are also fake ... I saw an excerpt from of Tyra Bank's talkshow when she was proving her boobs were real .... the rumours were they were fake because they were big - but it didn't take the 'expert' plastic surgeon to convince me they are real .... braless, they droop just like the rest of us with big boobs ......

tyra.bmp

Good for Tyra!!!

But I fear it may be a losing battle (unless there's another health scare around breast implants). Media conditioning is insidious. For all my rant on the subject, even I when I look at the fake & natural comparison I posted above, see the appeal in the fake look. Coz it's on every magazine cover, talk shopw, movie, TV show etc.

The cosmetic surgery industry is now poised to have 100% of women as their clients. The small breasted because they're small, the average & large because they don't have the new shape and consistancy that larger breasts are suddenly "supposed" to have. It'll be more common than orthodontia. And future generations of men will assume that the fake stuff is what breasts should look like. UGH.

You're right on the discomfort factor Sylvia, especially in the hot season I rue my big boobs. Wonder if the plastic ones are as hot? And the bra situation in Thailand is dismal. I've tried mail order but for some reason no place seems able to ship undergbarments to Thailand. :o

I don't think she had them enlarged either. But then, neither do I think the latest look is just from a lift. If you look closely (as I am sure many of you guys are doing :o) you can see shadows under the breast in the lift photo but in the more recent photo there are no shadows. Even a lift will sag a bit, hers are too round and way to perky to be just from a lift. I suspect she has had silicone breasts too, not an enlargement just a bit of fakery.

Sadly, as Sheryl says, this is beginning to be the way of celebritydom.

Since the majority of male posters (and most of the men I know) prefer the natural look - and, more importantly, feel :o , the question is, why are all these women doing it?

Answer: women are their own worst enemy. Women dress primarily for other women to notice, not for men. Women run the fashion magazines that terrorize people into being ever thinner. Similarly the pressure to slice and dice with your body (not just breasts: collagen, botox, cheek implants, face lifts) comes from women to other women in the bid to outdo each other.

Admittedly, there's also a lot of business to be made from this by mostly male plastic surgeons, but their job couldn't be done without the help of their celebrity female victims, who create the myth that breast implants or a nose job can 'change your life', make you glamorous, or help with your self-esteem. Surgery has thus replaced counselling and pills for ordinary women as the answer to psychological problems. Irony is of course that most of these plastic women - Jessica Simpson et al - have no boyfriend, no mates and look terribly unhappy most of the time (or would do, if their faces were capable of any kind of real expression any more).

RESIST! Strong, confident women don't need boob jobs!