Media Influence

Sheryl

Well it seems this forum needs some new topics so I’ll try one – hope it doesn’t summon up the trolls.

Has anyone else noticed – or is it just me – that the norm for beautiful breasts has changed? Specifically, from flesh to plastic.

Used to be that only women with really flat chests got breast implants and those who did, usually wanted it to look as natural as possible. But somewhere along the way – I think Pamela Anderson may have been a turning point --- or maybe it has something to do with the problems the first type of implants encountered – anyhow, somehow along the way it became not only OK but preferable to have completely, obviously fake breasts and suddenly almost every woman in the media does. You know – hard, basketball sized jutting straight out as opposed to what real boobs do when they are that large (curve downward in an oblong shape.)

What brought all this to mind is that after a while it gets a subliminal message across to women that this (the fake jutting out basketballs) is how breasts should look. And then even more women go for the surgery….and so on.

I’m large chested and was always happy with my bosom. Suddenly found myself feeling like there’s something wrong after watching show after show, movie after movie where breasts have a totally different shape and don’t follow the laws of gravity.

Is this making any sense…or have I just been watching too much TV? Are future generations ALL going to have breast jobs, even those with natural D cups? :o

Edited by Sheryl

I apologise deeply for being the first to reply to this topic - but I fear it is a subject close to the heart of us males as well as the fairer sex.

Speaking for myself, I have always found natural is by far the best in every way. The unnatural shape, (and movement) of augmented breasts I personally find a definite turn-off. Surprisingly, size really does not matter too much.

Although, having a close friend who has had a double mastectomy, her augmentation some time after the fact was a major psychological relief, and fully understandable. Apart from such circumstances, I see no need.

I've never understood the appeal of the balloon boobs either. Some of them look like they have been stuck on by a blind 3 year old, they are all wonky & misplaced. :o If, like P1P has said, you need fakes for good reason, then ok but why it has become so popular I dont know. :D Maybe the same as the size 0 movie stars making anorexia popular again amoung the pre teens? Sad but true, most of the human race are lemmings. I happy with my natural boobs & so is any man who has ever come in contact with them :D Even if gravity is given them more stress than wanted :D

have to agree about the world of lemmings Boo :o It might now mean that size 0 ladies will head straight to the clinic for DD boobs and spend the rest of their days trying to keep themselves upright! :D

my lovely other half always says "more than a handful is a waste" :D (I'm sure he would say something else if I were more, well, umm, breasty? :D )

Edited by MissAnge

I had a girlfriend in Indonesia about 10 years ago and she was my age at the time, about 45-46 y.o....the effect of gravity had done it's work on her boobs and on her face. Never prevented us from tumbling all over the house. I guess she had 'inner beauty' as well as bein' a horny wench...we useta cut up like teenagers...she remains large in the gallery of masturbatory images...

she had 3 sons aged 12 to 21 and her own house and income (the sons lived at home, worked and contributed). Somehow, she managed to keep her 'thingie' nice and tight...quite amazing (no gravity effect there)

she was Christian from a Christian enclave near Yogyakarta, quite weird for Central Java...

Former beauty queen lashes out

June 13, 2006

A former international model and one-time Miss Universe has hit out at the fashion industry for promoting a distorted body image she says is damaging young people.

Australia's Kerry Wells, who was crowned Miss Universe in 1972, says the increased use of computer-enhanced images in teen-oriented and celebrity magazines prompted many young people to "think even the real people look like glamour-pusses".

"There wasn't Photoshop when I first started modelling but they used to do a fair bit of airbrushing," the 55-year-old said after attending a workshop with year nine students in Melbourne today.

"I think the danger now is that they are doing the same thing with celebrities, they are doing the same things with real people.

"It's very difficult to separate what is real from fantasy, and many kids just think, 'I'm never going to look any good'."

Ms Wells spoke at the official launch of "Bodythink" - a program running in Victorian schools that encourages students to question the body image presented by the fashion industry.

"You may wonder what I'm doing here today given that when I was younger, as a model, and briefly as a beauty title-holder, I perpetrated the promotion of a female body image which few women can emulate," she said.

"I, like the others here today, are concerned that girls and boys are now increasingly insecure about the way they look."

Students today studied a magazine cover showing Hollywood actress Kate Winslet - an image that was stretched to give her longer legs and a smaller dress size.

They also heard eight out of 10 young girls do not like what they see in the mirror, and five thought they were too fat.

One in four young people diagnosed with an eating disorders is male.

AAP

I apologise deeply for being the first to reply to this topic - but I fear it is a subject close to the heart of us males as well as the fairer sex.

Speaking for myself, I have always found natural is by far the best in every way. The unnatural shape, (and movement) of augmented breasts I personally find a definite turn-off. Surprisingly, size really does not matter too much.

Although, having a close friend who has had a double mastectomy, her augmentation some time after the fact was a major psychological relief, and fully understandable. Apart from such circumstances, I see no need.

Good post. Agreed that in certain cases, such as in the example of your close friend, implants can be a positive move.

However, the trend in which plastic surgery is moving is quite awful.

How crass to see 18 year old girls being given breast jobs or nose jobs as birthday presents. I find it rather disturbing that we've reached the stage where cosmetic surgery is considered a normal thing to do. Older men and women are increasingly finding comfort in face jobs which although may temporarily make them appear slightly younger (from a distance) also in most cases make them look fairly ridiculous if not a little scary.

Media certainly can influence people, whether it's a case of Jordon/Jodie Marsh/etc appearing in trashy TV shows / inane tabloid newspapers for no other reason than they are sporting a ridiculously large pair of artificial tits or the international fashion industry promoting the awful stick thin, hollow cheeckbones, heroin eyes look as beautiful.

On a more personal note, and possibly more frivolous, I find those large boob jobs utterly comical and far from being a turn-on, they are so funny that they actually turn me off.

Natural large breasts are completely different from fakes and are rather nice. Having said that, small breasts are rather nice too.

Edited by somchai jones

Well, I think this is a topic relevant to men (but please, try to keep your hormones in check and your brains in gear when responding, thanks) as well as women so, don't worry about posting.

That said, I think all these celebs have to have the boob job because, when a woman loses that much weight she also loses her breasts.

I also find the plastic basketballs creepily weird, can't say if guys do, but certainly alot of the media is hellbent on promoting this look. Maybe they are getting paid off by the plastic surgeons?

my best friend had a reduction (breasts were humongous, but she is small and plump)of about a kilo from each side, we joked she should pass it on to me (12 year old size).... but why would anyone willingly go under anesthesia for anatomychanges unless it was absolutely neccessary...

and a friend,a fter her mastectomies, had new boobs and the surgeon/artist ( :o ) wanted to make her bigger than she was used too.... she refused...

btw , most of my friends dont bring those stupid teen etc magazines into the house, nor women's mags; dont have mirrors or weight scales in every bathroom (ok none of us have more then one bathroom); and highly stress pointing out attractive /athletic/ naturally beautiful women on the streets to our offspring as REAL role models... and when the tv adds come on, we add our own voiceovers as in 'yeah right, i'll drink diet cola everyday and i will become rich famous and sleep w/lots of men tomorrow' etc...w/explanations as to the effects of extreme diets etc.... embarrasses the kids but we hear them repeating what we said to their friends....

hopefully our brainwashing will conteract the media brainwashing.........

Well, I think this is a topic relevant to men (but please, try to keep your hormones in check and your brains in gear when responding, thanks) as well as women so, don't worry about posting.

I thought my post was considered and serious. Don't worry I've got the message, best leave the LIT forum to the girls. I'll make this my last contribution. Thanks

If you read the previous posts, you will see she is referring to tutsiwarrior & also agreeing with P1P's comment about this being a subject for the men too. If your gonna get all touchy then don't post in here, we have enough to deal with without having to tip toe around you.

Don't be tetchy somchai, I wasn't responding to you but rather to Sheryls initial worry:

Well it seems this forum needs some new topics so I’ll try one – hope it doesn’t summon up the trolls.

and to P1P's concern

Tutsi's posting is completely irrelevant to the topic at hand and is probably the result of a night on the town, and so was ignored.

Tutsi's reply - and a second one, since removed - earned him a brief holiday from the forum. Hopefully he, and others, will learn and try to keep their replies considered and relevant, both to ladies and to the topic at hand.

That said, I think all these celebs have to have the boob job because, when a woman loses that much weight she also loses her breasts.

I also find the plastic basketballs creepily weird, can't say if guys do, but certainly alot of the media is hellbent on promoting this look. Maybe they are getting paid off by the plastic surgeons?

Good point re the weight loss.

My fear is that soon the world will have forgotten what large natural breasts even look like and those few of us who have them will be assumed to have sagged....

After an evening watching the tube I even began to think that maybe this was the case myself...but I know it's not. I have no biological kids and my bust now is as it was. It just isn't shaped like a basketball and it doesn't jut straight out. Any way to start up a revival of prints of Reubens and other old master's nud_e paintings? Plenty of natural buxom beauty there....

Alas I seem to have bad timing with regard to popular bods. I had a J. Lo butt in my youth, which unfortunately for me was long before J. Lo so it was not considered fashionable at all. In fact I considered it my worst feature. NOW it's really hot...but alas, my derriere's perky days had passed by the time J. Lo revolutionized the standard. Unlike my boobs, the butt DID sag. Somebody should seriously warn J. Lo to start standing on her head several hours a day....take it from me, gravity takes a serious toll on a butt like that!!!!

Once it sagged, I had it lipsuctioned away. (I'm actually not anti cosmetic surgery at all....just don't understand why one would want it for the purpose of producing a completely unnatural look).

So now I have an average sized butt and generous bust but the latter is not in style unless made of hard plastic. :o Oh well....

Edited by Sheryl

Older men and women are increasingly finding comfort in face jobs which although may temporarily make them appear slightly younger (from a distance) also in most cases make them look fairly ridiculous if not a little scary.

Too true. Have you seen Mickey Rourke and Faye Dunaway lately? :D

I think those globe boobs look bad too, although the down to the knees look isn't ideal either :o

The thing I hate most is when they pretend they haven't had surgery or diet to be so slim and say things like:

"I just have good genes"

"I eat like a pig but never put weight on" (excluding the younger ones)

"No I haven't had botox even though I'm 40 odd and my face is totally expressionless"

:D

I live in Korea at the moment and the way to common trend in plastic sugery is to get a double eye lid or their eyes sliced open so that they are larger. Their eyes are the equivelent to western boobs. Soon everyone will have to get the surgery because the eyes they are born with will no longer be the norm. For example one of my students has had the surgery along with all of her sisters and friends, I have never known this many people who have had plastic surgery done until I met Koreans. I think as far as boobs go that soon the young boys of today will grow up with so many images of fake boobs that they will think that that is what boobs are supposed to look like, as well as young girls who will be terrified once gravity comes into play or who realize that their boobs do not looks like perfectly round basketballs.

Don't think I have ever typed the words 'boobs' so many times in one paragraph before. :o

yeah i found that out when i came to live in thailand, sadly... you get stretch marks also, like deflated balloons. i would rather be fatter again and have big boobs. oh well, everyone is going to be ugly eventually.

If you read the previous posts, you will see she is referring to tutsiwarrior & also agreeing with P1P's comment about this being a subject for the men too. If your gonna get all touchy then don't post in here, we have enough to deal with without having to tip toe around you.

:o

250,000 a year? Wow, that is incredible. I never would have guessed that many. I wonder how many of those women are having work done due to mastectomies tho?

These two are, I believe, the epitome of the fake Barbie boob look:

post-4641-1150695256_thumb.jpgpost-4641-1150695357_thumb.jpg

Quick thanks to awful plastic surgery website for the photos. A website to check out for anyone contemplating plastic surgery. :o

As a man I much prefer natural breasts and find fake ones a turn-off. Ladies shouldn't worry about getting fake ones to fit some unrealisitc image. There are plenty of men who like you just the way you are. :o

I fully agree "TRIPxCORE"

Ladies, think about it ten times before you have it done

250,000 a year? Wow, that is incredible. I never would have guessed that many. I wonder how many of those women are having work done due to mastectomies tho?

Quick thanks to awful plastic surgery website for the photos. A website to check out for anyone contemplating plastic surgery. :D

Actually, that girl in the 2nd pic, Jessica Simpson, has natural breasts. I know they hold up well but they are indeed natural.

As a man I much prefer natural breasts and find fake ones a turn-off. Ladies shouldn't worry about getting fake ones to fit some unrealisitc image. There are plenty of men who like you just the way you are. :D

I fully agree "TRIPxCORE"

Ladies, think about it ten times before you have it done

Why thank you. By the way, where have you been? I remember you from way back when but you never post. Coming out of hiding? :o

Quick thanks to awful plastic surgery website for the photos. A website to check out for anyone contemplating plastic surgery. :o

Actually, that girl in the 2nd pic, Jessica Simpson, has natural breasts. I know they hold up well but they are indeed natural.

Sorry but unless there is some device pushing them upward (and doesn't seem to be much scope for one given the neckline) then what's in that picture are not natural. Natural breasts of that size simply do not have that shape and do not jut straight out ...at any age. Natural breast tissue is soft flesh made up mostly of fat. No muscle and of course no plastic. If large enough, will slope downward slightly (more with child bearing & age, but still a definite downward slope to start with -- simple physics). And, if large enough, will have an oblong rather than round shape. Watermelon as opposed to basketball.

Exactly, Sheryl. I am a nicely endowed woman and even at 21 mine never did that. That is seriously gravity defying and since the shirt she is wearing would preclude a push up bra then it is highly unlikely that it is natural. I got the image off of awfulplasticsurgery.com and they believe they are not real as well.

It must be the bra or something then because her breasts are 100% natural. She is always being talked about here in the US and one of the most frequent things I hear about is that her breasts are natural. They have shown pics of her from high school and she was well-endowed then too.

tripx, there is a difference between being well endowed and balloon breasts. It is not the size but the location and the shape that make them suspect. The top she is wearing is not the kind that a push up bra goes with. Trust me, I am a woman, I know.

Now, check out these before and after shots: before lift and after lift.

post-4641-1150794134_thumb.jpg post-4641-1150794148_thumb.jpg

Now, compare them to this more recent photo and tell me that looks the same:

post-4641-1150794185_thumb.jpg

She can say she is natural all she wants, doesn't make it so, you know.

Another thanks to the related websites good plastic surgery (for the first photos) and awful plastic surgery for the last one.

I'm with sbk on this, there is no way in hel_l that she can have a bra on with that dress & no amount of double sided stickey tape will make real boobs go that round & sticky-outey. :o Someone that slim wont even have a large enough fat content in her breasts to make them that firm & pointy. It can be acheived with a good bra or balconette but in that frock!! Unless she has string tied around her nipples & someone pulling them from the front for the photo op :D

Reminds me of an interview I read with Meryl Streep when she was making "Death becomes her". Her character took a potion that turned back time & made her imortal, she had to film a scene in front of a mirror showing her boobs going back to their prime so she had her stylist crouch behind her with his hands under her top & slowly lift her boobs up to make them look more perky & pre gravity. Talk about getting up close & personal :D

It must be the bra or something then because her breasts are 100% natural. She is always being talked about here in the US and one of the most frequent things I hear about is that her breasts are natural. They have shown pics of her from high school and she was well-endowed then too.

Well, they simply can’t be natural unless she’s an alien hybrid or something. It’s not an issue of size – large breasts do occur naturally – it’s an issue of shape and physical properties. That shape of breast does not occur naturally in the human species. And natural human breasts are soft and obey the laws of gravity,

Here are natural large breasts.

real.jpg

Here are fake breasts, in a woman of exact same bust measurement:

fake.jpg

The natural ones are oblong shaped, the fake are completely round. The natural ones slop downward, the fake jut straight out.

BOTH pictures are from Playmates of the Month. The top one was in the 1960’s, the bottom one in recent past.

But my guess is that the top photo – considered sexy enough for the Playboy centerfold in 1960 – would now be viewed as showing “sagging” breasts (although the model is a very young, fit woman). Because all this silicone has redefined the concept of how breasts look.

Edited by Sheryl

I wonder if all these women getting large fake breasts realise how uncomfortable it can be to have big boobs .... or maybe it's not the same as if they're natural. Sometimes, at the end of the day my chest is in pain from the weight and being constricted all day ... probably doesn't help that there's only one brand of bra in Thailand that makes them in my size (with only a couple of styles to choose from) so I don't get much choice in the style and comfort of a bra.

All the celebrities with fake boobs also make people question if naturally large boobs are also fake ... I saw an excerpt from of Tyra Bank's talkshow when she was proving her boobs were real .... the rumours were they were fake because they were big - but it didn't take the 'expert' plastic surgeon to convince me they are real .... braless, they droop just like the rest of us with big boobs ......

tyra.bmp