North Korea reports 'serious accident' after Pyongyang building collapses

webfact

North Korea reports 'serious accident' after Pyongyang building collapses
By Jethro Mullen, CNN

(CNN) -- An apartment building in the North Korean capital collapsed in what state media described as a "serious accident" that caused an unspecified number of casualties.

The unusual, apologetic report Sunday from the North's state-run Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) said the collapse took place Tuesday at the construction site of an apartment building in Phyongchon, a central district of Pyongyang.

"The accident claimed casualties," the agency reported without providing details on the number of peopled killed and injured. Rescue efforts were abandoned on Saturday, the agency said.

A South Korean government official said the building had 23 floors, estimating that as many as 92 families might have been living inside. It's common for people to move into North Korean buildings before construction is completed, the official said.

Full story: http://edition.cnn.com/2014/05/18/world/asia/north-korea-building-collapse/index.html

cnn.com.jpg
-- CNN 2014-05-19

Kim Jong-un 'up all night' in pain over North Korea building collapse

Seoul: North Korea's supreme leader Kim Jong-un "sat up all night" feeling pain after learning about the collapse of an apartment building in Pyongyang, the country's state-run media reported.

The accident stemmed from "slipshod" construction and left an unspecified number of casualties, according to the north's account. The country's state media emphasised "profound consolation" for the collapse and devoted several paragraphs to castigating Minister of People's Security Choe Pu-Il. Mr Choe's crime against the people "can never be pardoned," the north said.

London's Telegraph reported senior officials were paraded on state television on Sunday to make a rare public apology for the collapse.

The state-run KCNA reported builders had broken construction rules.

Although North Korea is heavily monitored via satellite by outside analysts, Pyongyang's admission was the first news of the disaster, which occurred on Tuesday in a central area of the capital. Some scholars say officials may have publicly divulged the accident as a way to shape gossip that would inevitably spread throughout the country, where citizens increasingly carry mobile phones.

Full story: http://www.theage.com.au/world/kim-jongun-up-all-night-in-pain-over-north-korea-building-collapse-20140519-zrgml.html

theage.jpg
-- The Age 2014-05-19

I guess Minister of People's Security Choe Pu-Il, will be dog food some time soon then. It has quite a ring to it, Pedigree Choe Pu. It is slightly amusing that Kim Jong Un can be up all night feeling pain for people lost in a building collapse but can be effectively dancing along to Pharrell Williams when he feeds his Uncle to the dogs and not lose a wink over the tens of thousands imprisoned in gulags. Do we think this is a genuine report, or should I rephrase that, a report of genuine occurrences ....nah! Ask his executed Mistress.

• Like 2

I'm sure that after an investigation by the Nork police, a government worker who has no connections to the Kims, and probably even less to the building in question, will be publicly executed.

Seoul: North Korea's supreme leader Kim Jong-un "sat up all night" feeling pain after learning about the collapse of an apartment building in Pyongyang, the country's state-run media reported.

...in other words: Kim Jong-un was constipated after pigging out on foie gras and Godiva chocolate, again...

• Like 2

I'm sure that after an investigation by the Nork police, a government worker who has no connections to the Kims, and probably even less to the building in question, will be publicly executed.

"...who has no connections to the Kims ..."

Not sure if being a relative of the beloved dear fantastic wonderful leader, say an uncle for instance, provides one with any security.

Edited by Suradit69

I guess Minister of People's Security Choe Pu-Il, will be dog food some time soon then. It has quite a ring to it, Pedigree Choe Pu. It is slightly amusing that Kim Jong Un can be up all night feeling pain for people lost in a building collapse but can be effectively dancing along to Pharrell Williams when he feeds his Uncle to the dogs and not lose a wink over the tens of thousands imprisoned in gulags. Do we think this is a genuine report, or should I rephrase that, a report of genuine occurrences ....nah! Ask his executed Mistress.

More Shenanigans, who know what's really going on.

RIP. I sincerely hope nobody is alive and buried in the rubble,,as none of this first class reporting actually indicates anything.

His "executed mistress" appeared on tv this last week. Of course, she could have been an Elvis-type lookalike.

His "executed mistress" appeared on tv this last week. Of course, she could have been an Elvis-type lookalike.

That is why I made the comment ;)