VFS.Global UK

http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/thailand/

Please be warned!!

My partner had an appointment booked today 12.30pm to submit her application.

She arrived there earlier at 11.30am.

Currently she's still sat there at 4pm WAITING!!!!

Our daughter is at school, fortunately the sister-in-law was able to finish work early to go pick her up.

Express or Private appointment could of been/should of been booked but be warned they are not cheap(forgot price).

Please be warned.....

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by sipidan

Hi guys and girls

After 5 hours in there mainly waiting for her finger prints to be taken

Application is sumbittedthumbsup.gif

5,600 baht extra paid for an express visa 3-5 days.

That was extra to the A$150 paid for the Visitor Visa

So fingers crossedwai2.gif

• Like 1

Your partner should make a complaint regarding the level of service to VFS http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/thailand/feedback_complaints.html or even to the UKVI via their complaints procedure https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/uk-visas-and-immigration/about/complaints-procedure. VFS are contracted to supply a service, and if they're failing to provide a certain level of service then the UKVI needs to be advised.

If I may pick up on one point though, the US$141 is the processing fee, likewise to 5,600 Baht supplement only pushes her application to near the front of a queue, it doesn't guarantee her a visa, though as this is not her first visa, I'm sure she knows the score.

Good luck, and please share the outcome of the complaint.

Fair comment regarding complaints.

We didn't expect to wait 4hours 10 minutes after her appointment &

5hours 10 minutes after arriving but it's submitted now!

It's is her first UK VISA, and we only paid for the express as we would like to go to the UK at the beginning of June.

Will update when we know more

It's is her first UK VISA, and we only paid for the express as we would like to go to the UK at the beginning of June.

In which case I assume that she has had a visa for USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or to a country in the Schengen Area in the last five years?

This wait seems unusual.

I only have personal experience of 4 applications but all were on time. That was, of course, in the old building and the security guard would not let you in until 10 minutes before your appointment time

• Like 1

In which case I assume that she has had a visa for USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or to a country in the Schengen Area in the last five years?

Correct we just had a 10 nights holiday in Perth, Western Australia this month!

This wait seems unusual.

I only have personal experience of 4 applications but all were on time. That was, of course, in the old building and the security guard would not let you in until 10 minutes before your appointment time

Maybe it was the security guards day off....

The cynic in me makes me wonder if they are pushing waiting times to see if people pay the 3000 naht for the lounge or indeed the fast track 5500 to reclaim the expense of moving locations.

Just a thought, but daylight legalised robbery whichever way you look at it.

i've already had my moan in another thread but this happened to my TW aswell. 3 years we have had no problems with the appointment but this year (12/05/2014) she had to wait 4 hours to do everything as well.

Reason is because the VFS have just moved office and presumably the staff are busy shuffling their stationary and waiting for the IT man to plugin their mouse to do any work. Please take the time to complain we have.

My partner said she had to sit on the floor for the 1st hour before going in!

Then when she got inside there was 126 people in front of her....

Hard to believe, very strange indeed!!!

The people working there have no idea what they are doing that's why you have to wait, I had an appointment for 12 pm got there and got given my counter number only to see the sign "gone for lunch".....

Baffled!! 126...does that means they were 21 hours behind due to appointments been every 10minuted?

• Like 1

Baffled!! 126...does that means they were 21 hours behind due to appointments been every 10minuted?

The tv system was not working for uk side you had to rely on having outstanding hearing ability as the guy whispered out the numbers when I was there the place was full on both sides

Well after 48 hours email received:

Subject: UK Visas and Immigration have made a decision on your visa application

ALL APPLICANTS: if you paid an additional courier or postage fee documents will be sent to you

THAILAND APPLICANTS: documents can be collected from VFS after 2 working days, collection times: Mon-Fri 1000 to 1600, Sat 0830 to 1200.

Why can't the whole thing be done online and do a way with VFS completely.

Whether applications were submitted via VFS, a different contractor or directly to the embassy, applicants would still have to attend in person to have their biometrics taken.

I hope that those who have experienced the diabolical service described have made, or will make, official complaints (see here).

Moaning on an internet forum may make one feel better; but it wont achieve anything. A flood of official complaints just might.

This is my first post, but I regularly read some of the forums.

I read this one and as such arranged for the VIP Premium Service for my wife. For the benefit of others I thought that I would share the experience of the service.

She had an appointment today at 1.00 pm. At 1.00 pm she was taken to a VIP room to submit the documents and then went to another location for the biometrics process. At 1.15 pm she called me to say that she had finished and was on the ground floor of the building.

At all times she received personal service, with people who had not paid for the service giving envious looks. She said that there were about 200 people inside and outside the application centre.

My wife has had several visas for the UK since 2003 and applied for a 10 year visa. We are willing to pay an additional 3,000 Baht to save time and for convenience, considering the cost of applying for a 10 year visa. People should also note that VIP Premium Service also includes free courier return of passport, free photo, free photocopying, etc.

The booking was made when making the application. My wife also sent a mail to [email protected] as it states the application has to be done by sending an e mail to this address. The reply from this address was 'Please kindly book standard and/or VIP appointment queue for submit visa application on below website:

www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk

Whether applications were submitted via VFS, a different contractor or directly to the embassy, applicants would still have to attend in person to have their biometrics taken.

I hope that those who have experienced the diabolical service described have made, or will make, official complaints (see here).

Moaning on an internet forum may make one feel better; but it wont achieve anything. A flood of official complaints just might.

Complaint has been submitted to:

[email protected]

We went there on 7 May and arrived at the VFS office at the allotted time of 1.50 pm. You couldn't swing a cat in the corridor outside the lifts and it was hot. The missus went in by herself while I waited outside, astutely parking myself opposite the automatic exit doors,so that every time they opened,I got a blast of air conditioned cool air. What I noticed was that this exit area was enormous,with it's only use appearing to be for applicants passing through the security system and a photostat copier. Surely they could have extended the main office into this space? After an hour of waiting, I got bored and descended down to the coffee bar on the ground floor. At 5.15pm,the wife appeared. She said there were over a hundred people in front of her with 23 staff processing the paperwork. When she got called,it took about ten minutes for her to be sorted. I didn't pay this Premium Service because I didn't know anything about it!

In the good old days, it was a quick trip to Regent House to speak directly with the visa officer and the passport was processed on the same day,if I remember correctly. Now, it seems to me that the sheer volume of visa applicants has increased so much,that the UK Visa Centre has had to go down the intermediary route by introducing VFS Global into the system. We are now into our 10th. working day of waiting without an answer although I've had three automated emails saying that the paperwork and passport is now in the hands of the Decision Making Unit.

In the good old days, it was a quick trip to Regent House to speak directly with the visa officer and the passport was processed on the same day,if I remember correctly.

You do not remember correctly.

In the old days it was queue up in the sun outside the embassy.

Eventually be allowed in to complete forms and pay fee, usually to then be told to come back in x number of days for an interview.

The visa, or entry clearance to give then their correct title, section, were never based at Regent's House. VFS used to be.

In the good old days, it was a quick trip to Regent House to speak directly with the visa officer and the passport was processed on the same day,if I remember correctly.

You do not remember correctly.

In the old days it was queue up in the sun outside the embassy.

Eventually be allowed in to complete forms and pay fee, usually to then be told to come back in x number of days for an interview.

The visa, or entry clearance to give then their correct title, section, were never based at Regent's House. VFS used to be.

So that was VFS on the 2nd. Floor at Regent House handling the UK visa applications was it? Well well, I wasn't aware it was them. I know that it was 0830 - 1500 hrs. to submit the application and 1500 hrs - 1630 hrs. to collect the passport with a turn around of 2-5 working days,my old notes tell me.

After reading an earlier thread and the chaos with bodies everywhere waiting for visa application submission etc, and someone commenting about the 3000 baht premium service in and out in 15 minutes in there experience.

So, time to make application for the wife to travel to the Uk with me, wishing to avoid waiting ALL day as reported by some, we went for the 3000 baht premium lounge.

Our experience today ? So typically Thailand as nothing is ever consistent. We arrived at 10.00 am not quite sure where it was so went a little early, appointment booked for 10.40. Nice air -con cool building, plenty of facilities around if you need them for photocopying translation or whatever. Good Coffee lounge on the grounf floor if you want somewhere to wait.Up to the 28th floor, rugby scrum ! at the desk to enter, wife passes through, shown to premium lounge, NO seats available !

She had to stand and wait for available seat ! Great service huh, she stood for almost an hour before getting a seat. Someone later appeared and apologised for the delay due to new staff they were very slow.Meanwhile, the experienced staff in the main normal processing area, had cleared the room !It would have been quicker overall on this occasion to just go and use the standard submission process.The only thing the wife did eventually benefit from was getting some photocopying done and a little snacks to nibble. From start to finish was 2 hrs on the so called premium VIP service.

It seems its these "agents" that are clogging the system, instead of one application, one person as the masses are told, these a rolling up with 20 -30 applications in their hand and so slowing it all down, but thats just a guess on my part from what I observed.

Bottom line, its a lottery, you may be lucky on the day and be in and out in no time, you could pay for the premium and still get delayed, there is no guarantee on any of it! Luck of the draw, planning seems to make no difference, its all about whats happening there that day.

Best of luck to one and all who have to venture there.

Edited by CharlieH
  • Like 1

I just noticed this on the VFS website ...

Announcement

To enhance the services, With effective 15 June 2014, all travel agent submitting applications on behalf of their clients will need to seek an appointment. To schedule an appointment for submitting an application, Please write to [email protected]

Please ensure you arrive at the centre 05 minutes before your appointment time.

Please ensure the application that you are submitting is complete.

No walk in applications will be accepted through a travel agent or messenger

Is that for Australian visas, David?

As far as I am aware, travel agents cannot submit UK visa applications on behalf of their clients; the applicant themselves must attend in person for biometrics.

Hello!

We did not know yet since last weak that now a 3. Party company

Originally established in india and oprrating in uk now make the paper work of the embassy!

My wife traveled 8oo km

By bus , thinking get visa same before

In embassy but not possible

Waiting time from now 3 weeks

Then maybe another 2 weeks until we get visa one day we book our flight ..

Hello!

We did not know yet since last weak that now a 3. Party company

Originally established in india and oprrating in uk now make the paper work of the embassy!

My wife traveled 8oo km

By bus , thinking get visa same before

In embassy but not possible

Waiting time from now 3 weeks

Then maybe another 2 weeks until we get visa one day we book our flight ..

As far as I'm aware VFS have been contracted to receive UK Visa Applications on behalf of the UK Government for about ten years.

• Like 1

Is that for Australian visas, David?

As far as I am aware, travel agents cannot submit UK visa applications on behalf of their clients; the applicant themselves must attend in person for biometrics.

Anybody can submit a UK visa application (I have done it for 3 people) but the applicant must attend the interview/biometrics.