I'm So Confused...

Hi,

I've been reading here for a while now and thought I'd share my situation with you all and ask for some advice.

Okay so I was in Thailand back in December and met a girl at Akane who I really like being with. We just seem to get along with each other so well. So we spent several days together while I as there (arrived BKK then went to Laos, Cambodia & Vietnam b/4 coming back to BKK). We stayed in touch everyday via sms and phone calls for 6 months until I went back for 15 days.

She took that whole time off from working at Akane and she and I went to Phuket for 3 days and then to Railay for 8 days b/4 heading back to BKK. We were together all the time and the only calls she got were from mama and two girlfriends in BKK (I've talked with them all). I've been through her sms messages on her phone and there's nothing there but mine and from her girlfriends looking to translate sms's from her boyfriend.

What I'm getting at is that I pretty well trust that she is not "dating for money" after hours from Akane and honestly thinks of me as her boyfriend.

So the questions at hand are:

Am I nuts?

Are women who work at Akane considered "sex workers" and do they have to "register" as such?

Does Akane do "out-call"? I've never asked for it but wonder.

At this point my intention is to continue to communicate with her and save all phone records, sms's, and e-mails into a file so that when we apply for a visa we'll be able to document our relationship. This will go on over the next 6 months until I can take another vacation to Thailand in perhaps December. At that time I'd like to meet her mother etc...

What all is involved in getting a Fiancée Visa?

Do you need to show money in the bank and leave it there etc.

Where do you do the interviews?

Do you both need to go or can I be in the US and she in Thailand while we are in the application stage?

Thanks very much for any and all advice

Just one thing to say start walking and stop running, not meaning to be rude.

U haven't known this girl more than a year and your talking about fiancee visas.

My advice would be to get a visitor bisa for her first.

Take it slow.

No offense taken... Well in 6 months it'll have been a year and my understanding is that a fiancé visa is easier to get than a visit visa??

No money was given and none was ever asked for. While out being tourists she would buy her own little trinkets, she would buy her own cell phone recharge cards etc... if she wanted an orange juice she would head to the cart, ask me if I wanted one and buy them both.

I have never had the feeling that I was being treated as a walking ATM.

TheeRak, you are right... getting a K-1 visa is much easier than getting a Visitor visa, at least in your situation.

You do not have to be in LOS to complete and submit the K-1 application to the USCIS. However, you will need to include personal information about your fiancee. Such things include the parent's names, place of birth, etc. You will also have to list the location where your fiancee works, and her occupation, which I would imagine she is a "waitress". Lastly, you will need to get your fiancee to personally sign some of the forms associated with the K-1 application.

You can expect that eventually the US Embassy in BKK will send your fiancee a packet (Packet 3?) that she (or you if her English is not that good) will need to complete. She will also be instructed to obtain a Police Report and a medical examination (at Bumrungrad Hospital). When all is complete, she needs to notify the embassy, and then they will schedule her (not you!) for an appointment. If all goes well, she will be issued the visa.

The entire process takes about 6-7 months from the point when you submit the K-1 application to the USCIS.

Here's what you will need:

I-129F

G-325A (one for you, and one for your fiancee)

Good luck!