Blending fruits/veggies while visiting as a tourist in thailand.

ultimate weapon

i love smoothies that I make here with my Sharp EM-ICE blender I got from Powerbuy I think it was for 890b over a year ago - but I am sure a non brand name one would last a while, but maybe not the way that I make smoothies.

I like to freeze all the fruit and then add 0% fat milk and blend, you can make it like McDonalds style milk shakes, but no added sugar (I know there is a lot of sugar already fruit).

Best fruit to use...

Bananas - got 13 for 15b last night and now frozen and ready to blend.

Mangos - think these must be in season now as I see a lot for sale - I just peel, squash all the flesh off with my hands into a bag and freeze

Strawberries - I get these from Makro already frozen - not had any in a while as Bananas are so cheap, and strawberries from Makro are not that sweet, but OK mixed with banana and/or mango.

Anyone suggest any other fruit which will freeze well, cheap and work well? I love pineapple but its not that good in a smoothie, too many fibres. Adding some cooked oatmeal is also nice (not raw oatmeal) and would be a good alternative for having oats for breakfast.

The milk is expensive though, 90b for 2 litres I think it must be - I might try coconut water, but thats expensive as well, 10b for a small bag, but I guess more healthy than milk.

You don't blend any veggies?

i love smoothies that I make here with my Sharp EM-ICE blender I got from Powerbuy I think it was for 890b over a year ago - but I am sure a non brand name one would last a while, but maybe not the way that I make smoothies.

I like to freeze all the fruit and then add 0% fat milk and blend, you can make it like McDonalds style milk shakes, but no added sugar (I know there is a lot of sugar already fruit).

Best fruit to use...

Bananas - got 13 for 15b last night and now frozen and ready to blend.

Mangos - think these must be in season now as I see a lot for sale - I just peel, squash all the flesh off with my hands into a bag and freeze

Strawberries - I get these from Makro already frozen - not had any in a while as Bananas are so cheap, and strawberries from Makro are not that sweet, but OK mixed with banana and/or mango.

Anyone suggest any other fruit which will freeze well, cheap and work well? I love pineapple but its not that good in a smoothie, too many fibres. Adding some cooked oatmeal is also nice (not raw oatmeal) and would be a good alternative for having oats for breakfast.

The milk is expensive though, 90b for 2 litres I think it must be - I might try coconut water, but thats expensive as well, 10b for a small bag, but I guess more healthy than milk.

You don't blend any veggies?

http://shoppingonline.bigc.co.th/smoothies-blender-model-m-bsm01.html

Why not just buy blended fruit and vege drinks?

Where do they sell them? Also like i said most shops won't blend the correct types. It's always too much of the sweet fruits and hardly any green leafy veggies for example.

It's like say a mango smoothie or a strawberry one with no veggies, carrots etc inside them.

Why not just buy blended fruit and vege drinks?

Where do they sell them? Also like i said most shops won't blend the correct types. It's always too much of the sweet fruits and hardly any green leafy veggies for example.

It's like say a mango smoothie or a strawberry one with no veggies, carrots etc inside them.

I think your choices are buy or bring a blender, or try to make up for it by focusing on meals with a large percentage of vegetables. The latter is what I try to do as it is much easier to find. You might be able to get someone to blend a drink without sugar or with less fruits, but they really don't focus on non-sweet drinks at the places where I've found stands. They just are not likely to have the ingredients you're looking for. They'll have carrots, but not much leafy greens.