Is it possible to get a 30 day (or 60 day) extension

60 day extension on a Non Immigrant O, based on marriage or child with Thai possible.

60 day extension on a Tourist Visa, based on marriage or child with Thai possible. before the 60 day Tourist Visa runs out.

Not possible if a Tourist Visa extension - 30 days was made already!

60 day extension on a Non Immigrant O, based on marriage or child with Thai possible.

60 day extension on a Tourist Visa, based on marriage or child with Thai possible. before the 60 day Tourist Visa runs out.

Not possible if a Tourist Visa extension - 30 days was made already!

thank you alfredo!

• Like 1

Even 60 day extension on a 14 days=land border, (some countries 30 days) or 30 days=airport entry, Visa (free)-exemption entry is possible.

Same circumstances above,

only some Immigration offices or their supervisors try to be -thrifty- with these extensions! whistling.gif

Edited by ALFREDO

Even 60 day extension on a 14 days=land border, (some countries 30 days) or 30 days=airport entry, Visa (free)-exemption entry is possible.

Same circumstances above,

only some Immigration offices or their supervisors try to be -thrifty- with these extensions! whistling.gif

i once read somewhere that the NOn-o's didnt offer the 30/60 day thing but i'm glad they do as it gives me 150 days to visit instead of a tourist plus extension of only 120 days. You can see i'm tired of border runs and dealing with less than knowledgable border personnel. and my local immigration officer is extremely helpful.

A 60 day extension to visit your wife or child is possible for any type of entry. There is no 30 day extension.

A person on a multiple entry non-o could get one for each 90 day entry meaning 5 months between border runs.

There are also some immigration offices that have done the 60 day extension after a 30 day extension of a tourist visa entry. The rules don't specifically disallow doing it.

• Like 1

A 60 day extension to visit your wife or child is possible for any type of entry. There is no 30 day extension.

A person on a multiple entry non-o could get one for each 90 day entry meaning 5 months between border runs.

There are also some immigration offices that have done the 60 day extension after a 30 day extension of a tourist visa entry. The rules don't specifically disallow doing it.

thanks joe. i thought i remembered my immigration officer saying i could have 60 on a double entry tourist but I thought it wise to confirm it here . but i am particularly interested in the 60 on a Non-O as that gives me 150 days without the hassle of a border run.

As I wrote you can do the extension for your 90 entries. That will give you about 5 months between border runs.

thats great as I only ever come for between 120 and 150 days so i'll be able to avoid the border !! thanks

thanks joe. i thought i remembered my immigration officer saying i could have 60 on a double entry tourist but I thought it wise to confirm it here . but i am particularly interested in the 60 on a Non-O as that gives me 150 days without the hassle of a border run.

Thank you =ubonjoe=, for clarifying that the 60 day extension for family visit-stay after a 30 day Tourist visa extension, is a possibility at some immigration and some not.thumbsup.gif

Udon Thani immigration was it a NO! some month ago! bah.gif

And on another occasion, a year back, a 60 day extension for family reasons, was before I made the border run, agreed to from Udon Thani immigration and than from the female supervisor at that time, I came back after 14 days, denied, she wanted at least two border runs between extensions.

I went to Khon Kaen immigration, as I have there also a child in Chayaphum, and got my extension at the same time! blink.png

But different immigration and different location, different child.

Recently Udon Thani immigration is more relaxed in giving these extensions. A new supervisor. rolleyes.gif

Edited by ALFREDO