Transfer Non-O Retirement to new passport - In Person?

Can I have someone else go to immigration and transfer my non-o retirement visa from my expired passport to my new passport?

The temporary immigration locations are brutal. Better someone else endures the pain.

If you have a multiple entry non-o visa from an embassy or conulate you don't need to go to immigration. You just show both passports on departure.

If you have an extension of stay based upon retirement (it is not a visa) you do have to go yourself to have the stamps transferred. You will need a letter from your embassy to get the transfer done.

I suggest you go to the Major Hollywood Suksawat office. It has been reported as being less busy.

When my passport expires in Dec. I will have to present new passport and renew my extension of stay into the new passport. They went to great pains explaining this to me in Feb. when I received my last extension of stay in my existing passport which expires in Dec. this will change my extension of stay from Feb. to Dec.

When my passport expires in Dec. I will have to present new passport and renew my extension of stay into the new passport. They went to great pains explaining this to me in Feb. when I received my last extension of stay in my existing passport which expires in Dec. this will change my extension of stay from Feb. to Dec.

Indeed. An extension cannot go beyond the validity of a passport (and no discount!)

I would be inclined to start the passport renewal process after your 90 day report in August.

Edited by Jip99

When you get your new passport you will need to go to immigration to have your stamps transferred.

Then during the last 30 days of your shortened extension you will need to apply for a new extension.

They no longer give you the remainder of your extension when you get a new passport.

When you get your new passport you will need to go to immigration to have your stamps transferred.

Then during the last 30 days of your shortened extension you will need to apply for a new extension.

They no longer give you the remainder of your extension when you get a new passport.

Also check to see if your local immigration office requires an embassy letter certifying the new passport.

Several have suggested that a letter from the embassy is necessary to transfer stamps.

Does anybody know if the US includes the appropriate letter with the new passport?

Thanks

The letter was included when I picked up my new US passport although that was three years ago.

Several have suggested that a letter from the embassy is necessary to transfer stamps.

Does anybody know if the US includes the appropriate letter with the new passport?

Thanks

The letter was included when I picked up my new US passport although that was three years ago.

Yes and that was last was last year.

Thanks

Yes and that was last was last year.

I just returned from the US Embassy on Tuesday with my new passport and the embassy did provide the letter for transfer. I have a follow-up question. My retirement extension expires in a couple of weeks, hence my old passport expiration date and I would like to know if I can do the transfer of stamps to my new passport and apply for my retirement extension on the same visit or will it require multiple visits?

Thanks,

PattayaDavid

Edited by PattayaDavid