Ousted Thai PM Thaksin says martial law must not 'destroy' democracy

webfact

Who let the worm out the can?

Thaksin hardly qualified to talk about democracy.

Yes, but he does compete in elections. Which you cannot say about Abhisit (serial boycotter), Suthep (boycott and insurrection), the appointed Senate, the Army, the election commission, the independent institutions, and you. So perhaps he is better qualified than most.

As a fugitive he has been denying having anything to do with elections, your line of arguement is flawed in so many ways you should just read up on the storyline pre oct 13...

No response huh? Cant think of anything to say? Just make it up?

I,m still laughing at your notion of "fair and square"...

• Like 2

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

. 100 years from now his statue will be everywhere, and noone will remember, Prayuth, Abhisit, Suthep, and the rest of the democracy destroyers.
Just like in The USSR , Iraq and North Korea wit their statues of Stalin, Saddam and The DL. All great democracies.

Except - Thaksin wins elections, wins elections, wins elections. Get it?

Buys elections, buys elections, buys elections. Get it?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Does he though? According to a recent study the Democrats spend more on votes that PT, confirmed by their own admission. You can ignore reality, but be careful, as reality may not ignore you...

Please quote source of study and web link to same

Edited by getthaid

dent institutions, and you. So perhaps he is better qualified than most.

As a fugitive he has been denying having anything to do with elections, your line of arguement is flawed in so many ways you should just read up on the storyline pre oct 13...

That's no response. Why not just be a man and admit defeat?

. 100 years from now his statue will be everywhere, and noone will remember, Prayuth, Abhisit, Suthep, and the rest of the democracy destroyers.
Just like in The USSR , Iraq and North Korea wit their statues of Stalin, Saddam and The DL. All great democracies.

Except - Thaksin wins elections, wins elections, wins elections. Get it?

Buys elections, buys elections, buys elections. Get it?

Does he though? According to a recent study the Democrats spend more on votes that PT, confirmed by their own admission. You can ignore reality, but be careful, as reality may not ignore you...

Please quote source of study and web link to same

No. I've done my own research and am educated on the issue. Time you learned to use google.

The caretaker government wanted Martial Law - it is the only way to have elections and stop the PDRC/Suthep/Fake Monk.

This is why Thaksin says its expected............. it was, totally expected. The only way to stop the Judiciary from protecting the PDRC was Martial Law........... now its in the Judiciary are powerless and the army can oversee elections. Was it Martial Law agreed over Skype ?

This is what Surapong said on the 16th of May........

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Surapong-voices-support-for-martial-law-30233791.html

"But they may control the situation to prevent violence by declaring martial law, which is not a coup," Surapong said.

"If martial law is declared, the military will run the operation to maintain security and the CAPO will not get involved. And I believe that if the martial law is declared nationwide, the election can be held."

I think you hit the nail on the head. Great post. I, for one believe that General Prayuth is a puppet for Thaksin. Only time will tell if I am correct.

dent institutions, and you. So perhaps he is better qualified than most.

That's no response. Why not just be a man and admit defeat?

Now i,m really creased up.. What is your notion of manhood? Have you reached pubity yet??

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Good to see him involved. He plays by the rules and wins elections fair and square. 100 years from now his statue will be everywhere, and noone will remember, Prayuth, Abhisit, Suthep, and the rest of the democracy destroyers.

Your attempt at humor no doubt.

• Like 1

Good to see him involved. He plays by the rules and wins elections fair and square. 100 years from now his statue will be everywhere, and noone will remember, Prayuth, Abhisit, Suthep, and the rest of the democracy destroyers.

In a parallel universe, maybe.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

For those who blissfully still hold on to the fiction that this is actually good for Pheu Thai, need to be reminded that Niwattumrong was not informed - according to his office. This is immensely key. This immediately follows a meeting Niwattumrong had with the Senate yesterday when he affirmed that he would not be stepping down. CAPO - which was always at the behest of Pheu Thai - has taken a vacation. What this does, and why this is such a good development - especially for democracy - though in a way that will doubtless be foreign to Thaksin's concept of it - is that now a truly fully functioning prime minister and administration can take the helm, and that immediately relieves the business and investment community. A country can't proceed indefinitely without a functioning government. It means that the Senate, the Constitutional Court, the National Anti-Corruption Commission and all levels of the judiciary and independent agencies can now work peacefully and without provocation. It means the Senate can proceed constitutionally as it should. A new administration would likely have limited powers, but most importantly the country will be able to run, and even more importantly a climate for truly genuine discussions between all parties can take place regarding reform. It is an enormously hopeful development. As for Thaksin - who always rushes in with these disingenuous statements always with the fear that he will be forgotten, actually already has been.

Forgotten? You wish!

Sent from my LG-P880 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

"The declaration of martial law is expected.... however I hope no party will violate human rights and further destroy democracy," the billionaire tycoon-turned-politician, who was ousted in a coup in 2006, said on Twitter.

love him or hate him, Thaksins tweet was spot on.

• Like 2

Easily the most despised man in Thailand, you may find the odd pigeon shit covered statue in Issan, but I doubt it. The date of this mans demise will become a national holiday. Unfortunately he doesn't have the good sense to quietly go away and enjoy his money, his life is a shambles due to his greed. Nobody to wai him in Dubai....except the regiment of body guards he has to surround himself with, sad little man.

Sorry. I have to disagree with just one word of your post. It is not "his" money it is mostly the tax payers money that he has stolen.

...............are you being sarcastic or is that a genuine response?.....................coffee1.gif

The irony of this is wild, this clown has done more damage to thai society and its evolving democracy than any other individual. He bribed his way through his first election fraud and carried on throwing billions of baht into his own bank account. The end of the sin era is long overdue.

Just like they all do so whats new about that?

Here is wisdom:

A maggot can only feed on an infected wound.

They want to get rid of the maggot but they refuse to clean or even admit the wound is filthy and infected

I can't believe he has the audacity to even comment.

Then again, at least his ousted daughter has retired quietly. She's shopping, and a new Numga-tit <deleted>-appitirat, self-appointed by Thaksin caretaker, deems all is ok. I'm keens on new changes wink.png

Another clueless, brainless idiot running his mouth and showing the world his ignorance. Yingluck is Thaksin's SISTER, and NOT his daughter. Why don't you take the time to at least KNOW what you are talking about before you post your stupidity for all the world to see?

No................you havent been keeping up with the new information have you boy?giggle.gif

• Like 1

'Ousted Thai PM Thaksin says martial law must not 'destroy' democracy'

Of course not, that's his mission in life.

PS: he wasn't pm at time of coup so wasn't ousted.

Yes he was. They are referring to 2006.

Yes I know. He wasn't PM then. There was a limbo because of election malpractice. thaksin wasn't pm when the coup happened.

Game Set and match bluespunk...................you know hes right!!!