Latest measure won't teach us to solve political conflict: Thai politics

webfact

The opposition leaders couldn't care less, every greedy politician wants money and power. As simple as that.

In shortcuts of Thai society's brainwashed minds, Thailand will go down deeper

• Like 1

pfft, who gives a flying fornication, regardless of who cracks the whip we are being controlled more and more everyday, politicians and armies have been eroding our freedoms, wouldnt at all be surprised if thai visa gets shut down

So The Nation for 7 months has been supporting Suthep and his cronies who want to destroy democracy, and install an unelected peoples council. Now they, all of a sudden, are born again democrats wanting a government that represents them wanting, in fact, 'democracy'. General Prayuth is 'self-appointed' 'acting like a dictator'.....as opposed to Suthep???

Following their own analogy - The Nation is full of sh1t.

• Like 2

"Martial law teaches us we are too immature to deal with real political differences, so censorship is needed. Martial law reminds us we're incapable of deciding the fate of Thai politics by ourselves and have to rely on armed soldiers whose power rests on the brute force of machine-guns and armoured vehicles."

NO! THAIS ARE NOT IMMATURE, they will be able to show it when the country will be a full free democracy.

A corrupt Government has had to be removed and the Army has had to step in and take over its reponsibilities while new arrangements are made. Just think how good would it be if the rice farmers got paid while the martial law was in operation... Pheu Thai have let down the country with their arrogant corrupt incompetence. Shame on August 3rd voters cant have a FAIR election to get rid of them once and for all and their paymaster but we all know the bribes and the threats will flow in the North and North East

• Like 2

"Martial law teaches us we are too immature to deal with real political differences, so censorship is needed. Martial law reminds us we're incapable of deciding the fate of Thai politics by ourselves and have to rely on armed soldiers whose power rests on the brute force of machine-guns and armoured vehicles."

NO! THAIS ARE NOT IMMATURE, they will be able to show it when the country will be a full free democracy.

thais are not immature im sorry mate they are like children ..playing games on the phone and facebook ..but they could in fact try and educate themselves...but no thats sooooo boring when you can take a picture of your latest meal and post it online..now thats super immature to me..im not digging at you.i know its global wai2.gif

• Like 1

The acute diarrhea analogy is wrong, whereby diarrhea, after a while leaves your

system and to come back for long time, where the current situating akin to a non-stop

symptoms of aliments, non stop shit, day after day, month after month... even running

out of toilet tissues didn't help until the master plumber, the army, has to be called in to

unclog the sewers...

• Like 2

I have seen several articles that point out that the Thai Constitution requires a Royal Decree to impose martial law. If martial law lacks a legal basis, how is it different than a coup?

• Like 1

Un-less you en-compass the full democracy , Thailand, with it's watered down version, last up-dated by the Thaskin TLT party, in the true democracy the army just can not walk in and take any action that it wants , religion and the military are separate from the government , undoubtedly Thailand has a issue with this happening, entrenched into Thai life both these two bastions of society walk hand in hand with politics, the culture dictates that nothing will change , reform rules can be altered to make sure that they are separate , generals need to be removed from all forms of administration except the military , reforms in the education base needs to be lifted to the standards of Malaysia, for therein lies your current problems and your future. I rest my case. coffee1.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I have seen several articles that point out that the Thai Constitution requires a Royal Decree to impose martial law. If martial law lacks a legal basis, how is it different than a coup?

The Marshal law has a legal status , I will say no more than that.

But maybe instead of being a dreamer you might like to consider which side and on whos orders the machine guns have been used. Ideology is fine if not manipulated to suit someones ends. Democracy does not mean winning an election by direct threats and bribes!! OR buying your way to intimidating people not to stand where it suitesyou - until THIS is sorted out there will be NO democracy - I can only blame one man far away for that!

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

No it does not!

Read again - not all over the country!

In Bangkok it might be justified - what he did was illegal and amounts to a coup!

Section 188 of the Constitution:

The King has the prerogative to declare and lift the martial law in accordance with the conditions and manner under the Martial Law.

In the case where it is necessary to declare the martial law in a certain locality as a matter of urgency, the military authority may do so under the Martial Law.

The militarys declaration of martial law was for all localities of the country which is not allowed under the Constitution!

Whatever way you cut it - it still is a coup, has been a coup. Only now you have added more players into the field. First it was those "Independent Agencies" and Courts. Now you have the brass to play along with. Ha ha.... Pathetic Really.

• Like 1

You might want to look at Section 222 of the Thai Constitution. I will say no more than that. I will leave it up to each person to draw their own conclusions. Sorry -- someone already noted the Section is 188 - not sure which is correct but the wording is the same.

Edited by pookiki

No it does not!

In Bangkok it might be justified - what he did was illegal and amounts to a coup!

The King has the prerogative to declare and lift the martial law in accordance with the conditions and manner under the Martial Law.

In the case where it is necessary to declare the martial law in a certain locality as a matter of urgency, the military authority may do so under the Martial Law.

The militarys declaration of martial law was for all localities of the country which is not allowed under the Constitution!

You are assuming that the one who has the authority has not been asked. Until you know that for certain your comment has no validation.

That is the correct text of the constitution. Furthermore, the 1914 law detailing Martial Law states it may only be imposed in times of war or insurrection. While it is true that charges have been filed on protest leaders for insurrection, it's hard to argue that things are more chaotic in Bangkok now than they were in January or March. In fact things have been fairly quiet since PDRC stopped the "shutdown"

No it does not!

You are assuming that the one who has the authority has not been asked. Unless you can validate that then your comment is fantasy.