Petit Chinese restaurant near BPH

susanschwaiger

For those who might be interested....

This one is just open for a few weeks. Yun Nan/Si Chuan style Chinese food--sorry, no north food like Peking Duck and Jiao Zi!!!

I've tried several dishes and I love them. Price is reasonable. Staff are humble. Menu in multiple languages, and in S, M, L portions.

The air-con will be ready in a few days, but you can drink ice water for cooling. And they are ordering new chairs. My husband sat broken one chair yesterday. He is not heavy, but the plastic chair is risky if you move too much on it. So for the moment, they put every 2 chairs together to make it firmer :)))

They have both spicy and non spicy dishes. I like it more than the one on Soi 53 Sukhumvit road.

Very easy to find. It locates at the Sukhumvit end of soi Phortisan, on the corner of the side-soi leading to BPH, .

Cheers

Susan

post-125519-0-83479000-1400640863_thumb.

post-125519-0-23778700-1400640876_thumb.

post-125519-0-93047700-1400640889_thumb.

post-125519-0-31749600-1400640904_thumb.

• Like 1

Looks good, I might try this tonight.

Yesterday, I suggested the boss to prepare some small salt bottles on table.

Salt=盐=Yan

That chicken dish is typical Shanghai style, me and mom love it very much. But some people maybe prefer it tastes salter.

Hub likes the spicy stir fried bean a lot, as most westerners do :))))

• Like 1

Thanks for that.

Great find. clap2.gif

The dish pictured to the left of the beans stir fry, what is that? It looks like braised pork belly, yes?

The cold chicken dish looks like it has a ginger scallion sauce (something easy to make at home for those interested).

Edited by Jingthing

Thanks for that.

Great find. clap2.gif

The dish pictured to the left of the beans stir fry, what is that? It looks like braised pork belly, yes?

The cold chicken dish looks like it has a ginger scallion sauce (something easy to make at home for those interested).

Yes, that is the braised pork belly. But most of the westerners won't like it much :)))))))

The sauce on chicken is made of ginger/garlic/scallion stir fried in oil. It looks simple but tastes so amazing. I ate up all the sauce !

Thanks for that.

Great find. clap2.gif

Yes, that is the braised pork belly. But most of the westerners won't like it much smile.png))))))

The sauce on chicken is made of ginger/garlic/scallion stir fried in oil. It looks simple but tastes so amazing. I ate up all the sauce !

Yes I love that sauce.

I make it at home often because even when restaurants have it (rare here) they don't give you enough!

Basically chop up a bunch of ginger, a bunch of scallion, throw some salt on it, then heat up some oil till very hot but not boiling and pour over the mixture (it will sizzle). Stir it around and let cool.

I think the issue with the pork belly for westerners might be all that fat ... but you can still eat the meat part and discard the fat ... it looks yummy.

Edited by Jingthing

Can you give me some idea of the prices?

For the pic of fried rice, bean and pork, I paid 260 Baht, all S size. Others I can't remember clearly.

Normal dish is between 90 to 150 baht, S size.

S size for me alone is big enough smile.png)))

BTW, have you been to Shanghai restaurant recently on 3rd road?

I think their cooking has improved on their non-dumpling dishes in recent months, like for example their spicy eggplant claypot. Also recently they added an entirely new menu ... mostly looking Sechuan ... but they don't seem to do Sechuan peppers.

Most people there seem to order mostly noodles and dumplings, but like I said, the rest of their menu really deserves trying.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

BTW, have you been to Shanghai restaurant recently on 3rd road?

I think their cooking has improved on their non-dumpling dishes in recent months, like for example their spicy eggplant claypot. Also recently they added an entirely new menu ... mostly looking Sechuan ... but they don't seem to do Sechuan peppers.

Most people there seem to order mostly noodles and dumplings, but like I said, the rest of their menu really deserves trying.

Not in recent half a year. Sure, will try it soon !!!

Hello,

Is the food as oily and fat as it is as the place that was at Jomtien and that is now on the dark side ?

Do they have only pork dumplings ? (no vegetarian ?)

Where is Shanghai restaurant exactly ?

And never-open-pao restaurant is now definitively closed or someone still waiting that it opens ?

Thank you.

Edited by thaicookingchef

Is the food as oily and fat as it is as the place that was at Jomtien and that is now on the dark side ?

----no, not that oily.

Do they have only pork dumplings ? (no vegetarian ?)

-----I did not check this though.

Where is Shanghai restaurant exactly ?

------3rd, the end near Pattaya North Road

I passed by but didn't feel like to go does not look like a restaurant enough, was feeling like going at someone (whom I don't know) home :-)

No menu outside also ?

Yup, it is quite small :))) Well, you can try the Shanghai Restaurant on 3rd road then. It surely looks like a restaurant and has many new dishes now !

• Like 1

• 7 months later...