Good places to fish?

lovelyweather

I tried fishing at chalong bay but can't catch any fish there.. prefer fishing without a boat too.. tried in phuket town as well but there's only rocks to sit on and lots of rats everywhere so it's not so pleasent.

Just fishing for fun so don't care about if the fish is small or big.. just want to catch something.

We have been using a small hook with small squid as bait.. and we have the floating red/white thing to see when fish is eating but they never eat our bait, can hear some splashing from fish sometimes but maybe not enough fish there.. allthough some days I see fishermen with nets and they can catch a dozen of small fish in a night.. so maybe it's only some days that there is fish in chalong bay? we usually go around midnight.

The rocks at either end of Nai Thon beach plus a few spots at Nai Yang and Mai Khao beaches seem to be result in some decent catches of smallish fish.

I have a couple of friends that catch quite a lot off the North East coast too but not sure where exactly but can ask if you are interested,

C_M: Please ask and share the location. It would be interesting to know.

Ao Por pier have people fishing with their nets almost every night. They look down to the water and then throw the on to of the small fish.

Laem Sigh pier have people doing rod fishing quite often. It's directly under the flight path to the Phuket Airport so there is occasional extra entertainment watching the planes flying over. http://goo.gl/maps/NZhPQ

Maybe the old Sarasin bridge, if it is still allowed? There used to be so many people fishing there, slowing down your passage, that sometimes driving I was irritated, thinking: Is this bridge a facility for hobby fishing, or for thru traffic? Many guys also dropping nets and pulling them up full of fish.

Edited by keestha