PDRC supporters told to join victorious celebration on May 26

webfact

The RTA and General Prayuth will not do anything, there will be no clamp down on any other PDRC gatherings, Suthep isn't for or about compromise, never has been, and never will be, he will never back down, EVER, as he is no doubt fully aware that General Prayuth will do nothing.

Compromise isn't on Sutheps agenda. I would suspect that the PTP will snub the rest of the meetings with the General, as the decisions behind closed doors have already been made, and were made ages ago, Sutheps know's a damn sight more than he's letting on, he didn't pluck the 25-27th out the air as they're his lucky numbers, he was never going to compromise, as he knows that he will get what he has been demanding all along, and the past 3 days are just smoke and mirrors aimed at deflecting the media and the International community away from what is really going on behind these closed doors.

Who thinks differently and why? and do you think there will be a compromise that suits all parties?

I think now the anti government has won more as it could have if the government had agreed to reforms. They were outplayed by better and smarter players as them.

Only advantage if the government had agreed to reforms (probably weaker reforms) but they would have broader support in the end.

As for Suthep knowing.. big chance he did know or is really lucky.

• Like 1

This move by Suthep is provocative. It was provocative earlier today when we were still under martial law. Now that a coup has been called, it would be much more provocative if these plans were not substantially curtained. The winds are already blowing in the direction that Suthep would favour. He knows it and he's jubilant - as are many Thais right now. But he really, really needs to cool it. This is way too premature. Hopefully, later on in the day, he will see the sense of that. He exerts a lot of influence on his followers. He needs to be conscious of that and just allow things to take their course.

Suthep is drunk on his own power and has probably been sobered up by his incarceration

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

PDRC core member Sathit Wongnongtoei, meanwhile, said that three protest stages are to be set up tomorrow at the Democracy Monument, Sanam Luang and Makkawan bridge for the mass rally tomorrow.

Part of the objectives of martial lw was to limit such gatherings and contain them. It will be interesting if the army let this happen, whilst at the same time bloackading the red shirt protest camp.

As for Suthep he still just sounds like the deluded old criminal he is. The King of corruption leading the fight against corruption laugh.png

you are spreading false rumors!

False rumours about Suthep being corrupt?

You need to start doing some research wink.png

Please convict him then.. i have no love for him or any corrupt official even if they are on my side of the fence. As long as much money is to be made from corruption by being in the government they will fight over who is in charge. The moment tough corruption and abuse of power laws are in place and enforced less money can be made and there will be no fights over who is in charge.

Clear to see the military is 100% behind Suthep. Not even a hint on neutrality. Both sides are equally corrupt and

now the military has declared its side. Be careful what you wish for, you may get it. Television and news shutdown/censorship,

curfews, etc, etc.... whistling.gif

Suthep has got everything he wanted, just as (I believe) he knew he would from the beginning of his campaign last year. He always exuded absolute confidence - in taking over Bangkok streets, closing down polling stations, etc - and the plans have succeeded admirably. It's just taken the PDRC and their ammart supporters a bit longer than expected because they hoped the elected government would cave in sooner. Suthep will now be 'detained' for a few days before rejoining (perhaps from behind the scenes) the process to choose and impose an unelected government on Thailand.