night time curfew throughout Thailand from 10 PM until 5 AM

Asiantravel

The coup in Thailand may not be fully over for most of Thailand, but it has started to lax here in Pattaya. The most important improvement is that all the family Marts on the beach are no longer closing at at 10:00pm. Starting with the the one at Soi 1 at the beach I was able to go in and buy the peanuts I wanted at 10:38pm. As I walked down the beach back to my apartment at soi 13 I noticed that all the Family Marts on the way were still operating but all the 7/11 shops are still closed at what seems to be the prescribed time of 10:00pm. By the time I got to the last Family Mart near my apartment it was 11:10pm and I was able to buy a bottle of water just to prove to myself and others that it was really open. On my walk along the beach walk I didn't see any police flashing any lights at anyone for the entire hour past curfew. The ladies were still in full force in there normal locations. The bars again many closed but some still operating in stealth mode with the lights and music off but still serving beer. So as far as I'm concerned the coup is OVER in Pattaya. I, being a beach bum, buy my beer from the Family Marts or 7/11 stores and normally go home by 11:30pm any way so at least for me it's over and things are almost back to normal here or even better. I also took some short videos at about 10:50pm of some people exiting the Family Mart at Soi 8 and the activities still seen at the beach if you don't believe me I'll publish them on my website for you to see for yourself. Opps can't show you my website? Well people that know me know where my website is (hint starts with w ends in z) that already includes the video I captured the night the military took over the police station in Pattaya and others that your moderator here took out. Sorry I don't know how to post videos here, I'm new. Oh and some of my True satallite TV channels are still messed up mostly just news channels like BBC, CNBC... but now also the Fox channel 77 is also broken. I do miss that one.

" So as far as I'm concerned the coup is OVER in Pattaya."

erm……..unsure.png should we believe you or should we believe reports in this forum that foreigners have already been locked up for disregarding the curfew?rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't tell anyone what to do but for me it is safer and wiser and live with it and obey the curfew and hope it gets relaxed to midnight or that it ends soon. Police and Army can't be everywhere but I don't want to be where they are after 10pm.

• Like 1

The COUP is not over. It has only just begun.

The CURFEW is also not over and yesterday the military spokesman in Bangkok reiterated that it remains 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. until further notice - any rumours to the contrary are without foundation.

There has been a certain laxity in enforcing the curfew - particularly in tourist areas like Pattaya - but I wouldn't bet against some kind of clamp down soon.

It's up to each person to decide whether or not to follow the curfew or not, but they can't blame anyone if they end up being manhandled by police and/or spend the night in jail. Yesterday's demonstrations in Bangkok demonstrate very clearly that foreigners are not exactly popular at the moment.

IMHO I would keep your head down until the curfew is lifted.

But as they say in Thailand - "Up to you...."

• Like 1

The coup in Thailand may not be fully over for most of Thailand, but it has started to lax here in Pattaya. The most important improvement is that all the family Marts on the beach are no longer closing at at 10:00pm. Starting with the the one at Soi 1 at the beach I was able to go in and buy the peanuts I wanted at 10:38pm. As I walked down the beach back to my apartment at soi 13 I noticed that all the Family Marts on the way were still operating but all the 7/11 shops are still closed at what seems to be the prescribed time of 10:00pm. By the time I got to the last Family Mart near my apartment it was 11:10pm and I was able to buy a bottle of water just to prove to myself and others that it was really open. On my walk along the beach walk I didn't see any police flashing any lights at anyone for the entire hour past curfew. The ladies were still in full force in there normal locations. The bars again many closed but some still operating in stealth mode with the lights and music off but still serving beer. So as far as I'm concerned the coup is OVER in Pattaya. I, being a beach bum, buy my beer from the Family Marts or 7/11 stores and normally go home by 11:30pm any way so at least for me it's over and things are almost back to normal here or even better. I also took some short videos at about 10:50pm of some people exiting the Family Mart at Soi 8 and the activities still seen at the beach if you don't believe me I'll publish them on my website for you to see for yourself. Opps can't show you my website? Well people that know me know where my website is (hint starts with w ends in z) that already includes the video I captured the night the military took over the police station in Pattaya and others that your moderator here took out. Sorry I don't know how to post videos here, I'm new. Oh and some of my True satallite TV channels are still messed up mostly just news channels like BBC, CNBC... but now also the Fox channel 77 is also broken. I do miss that one.

Its over is it? take a look at Walking Street at midnight last night. Place is packed , defiantly allover

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryzB8SSqhr4#t=137

Edited by bartender100
  • Like 1

Photos taken now 3pm Sunday

Sent from my GT-I8552 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Can you please take down that picture of my scooter parked ouside the WW Agogo.

I happened to be visiting a restaurant close by, but my missus peruses TV and she may not understand if she sees it. Thanks in advance. whistling.gif

Pic deleted.

(if others are in similar situation, just PM me, and I will remove pic faster)

wai.gif

What a strange man you are.