Thailand coup leaders suspend constitution

webfact

Suspend the Constitution all they want, but don't touch the Super Rugby nor the Monaco GP (all True satellite channels are off), and hands off my internet. Please.

After the performance I've had to endure this year (Stormers) I wouldn't mind NOT watching anymore rugby...this weekend's fight for 12th I can do without whistling.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Phase 1: coup

Phase 2: arrest all the red shirt leaders.

Phase 3: appoint new prime minister

Phase 4: Arrest YL and convict her before she flee the country.

Do I need to say more?

Phase 5 new elections bring a landslide victory for Thaksin's dog.

• Like 1

can you imagine an American General 'Suspending the Constitution'? maybe in a US TV series but this is 'supposed to be' REAL LIFE

Can you compare Thailand with the USA ?

Can you imagine how it would look if Obama would change the heads of the police to suit his needs ?

Can you imagine someone like Charlem as a politician in the USA with what he done for his son or what he is still doing.

Can you imagine a senator in the USA voting for other senators and then under oath lying about it ?

Can you imagine that secretly an amnesty for a high profile convicted criminal was added ?

Its crazy to compare a mature western Democracy with what we have here in Thailand. Until the constitution will curtail power abuse and corruption Thailand will never progress.

The U.S. doesn't abide by the constitution. If anyone thinks that the government you see on T.V. is running the United States, you're extremely naive...........

As a point of perspective I'd note that Washington DC and Bangkok were founded at the same time in history.

There's been a bit of divergence from then to the present and foreseeably going forward.

YAY time to try to rewrite things to suit yet again....

If you cant win ... cheat

Or to stop cheaters continually winning by cheating. There should be section in the new constitution in which should be clearly stated whoever is caught bullying political opponents, bribing and cheating their way into politics should be automatically banned for life. I guess that leaves current red side of the political spectrum without a single suitable candidate. If this country is ever to move forward now is the time for complete and exhaustive cleaning.

Except the 2011 was a legitimate democratic election. ANFREL pointed out that there was vote buying on both sides but overall, as an independent agency, with international observers, they concluded that it was a good election and a step

forward for democracy. It was not a perfect election but they were convinced that the Thai people had been able to freely express their political opinion and PTP had won plain and simple.

ANFREL carefully observed all aspects of the election and their report was very detailed. Also the Election Commission did accept the result (after investigating complaints from both all parties about any irregularities)

The one person who did not want international observers was Khun Suthep. One can guess why that was.

I don't have an opinion about this except I am interested in knowing that facts of the matter, or at least coming as close to them as possible by conducting independent research and looking for information that has some basis in reality and which can be verified.

Your post is rational, reasonable, balanced, intelligently conceived and made, thoughtful, fair minded which means you're new around here. biggrin.png

The facts in your post have over the past year been posted and reposted here hundreds of times but to no avail. As with all such facts on numerous issues, the PDRC posters are not impacted or swayed by facts.

The PDRC posters post their line of propaganda regardless of any facts anyone else may post. The PDRC types here are determined to set their own narrative and they pursue that absolutely, unrelentingly. Facts schmacts as far as they are concerned.

Sorry to be so direct but, then, as is evident, you're new around here. This isn't a debate club. It's a street brawl. Which is what makes your post so refreshing. A babe in the woods.

Welcome if I may say so, post regularly and often, and don't let the bastards get you down.

"Except the 2011 was a legitimate democratic election. ANFREL pointed out that there was vote buying on both sides but overall, as an independent agency, with international observers, they concluded that it was a good election..."

If you can't see this contradiction by "independent" international observers, then you can't see the wood for the trees...

Hey some of you are gonna miss the ability to post the drivel you do on ThaiVisa when it gets closed down - what are you gonna do then? - shout at the neighbourhood dogs and be sad and lonely or just create hell for the Missus.

Shame on you. Shame Shame Shame.

but... true,true,true

Absolutely Bin..........if Thaksin and his cronies hadn't been such liars and cheaters we wouldn't be in the position we are now.

I think their biggest crime was in fact, to go against the establishment, who prefer to put the country in deep crisis, close the airport, paralyze a whole country to get in power again........

So someone explain why one party (red shirts) is only corrupted, while one other (yellow shirts) can corrupt officials for decades, favourise only the upper class, and put a country in deep crisis, to be the sole party.?

That a party wants to fight corruption, put everything in place that corruption is not possible in future elections, keep clean themselves is something I would applaud, but not put a country at stake, just to get rid of a legal opponent to gain control for once and for all, and give oppressed and poor people no way to speak!

Sorry, I not believe in and good and bad here! Wake up. Here are two parties wanting power, one does it by buying votes (and believe me the other does just the same), while the other prefer to paralyze a entire country. Same same, but different!

Just jockering for the new positions in the civil service and the court system while the constitution is put to bed for a while. These are the positions that count in governing the country. The rhetoric maybe to say we will fight corruption, but the fact is that any procedure to takle corruption is stymied by the civil servants and the court system that have been put in place. Thats why Yingluck had her knuckles rapped.

I think Houdini would find the challenge of slide of hand needed to convince all, the new system will be fair and equatable a challenge.

• Like 1

Well no, they've been cheating since Thaksin first came to power and still haven't able to win no matter how many military or judicial coups they do.

Next elections, guess who's going to win?

Well, I'll give you a clue, it isn't the Amart....

Stamp your feet and spit the dummy protests coming back to BKK again after that.

They just can't handle the country's leaders being voted in by dirty uneducated peasants and not themselves.

coffee1.gif

What do you mean by cheat?

Is cheating ousting the goverment by a coup, or is cheating paying people for their vote?

Now, you can all see how mad they are Thais in general that is, it could be the climate certainly not their brains.

I predicted exactly this yesterday in my post, not one other did.

Lets hear some educated analysis , and less spoof here , thanks.

oh common, everybody with the slightest knowledge of thailand knew this was gonna happen for at least 2 weeks... i'll probably get censored again, Thai-coup-style, but what is TVF? A bunch of frustrated/braindead (ex-)sextourists "living the life" who have never (and never will) understood thailand, its people, its politics, etc. the only thing they know is:

1/ Leo

2/ Barfine

3/ Sawasdee Crap (sic intended)

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Edited by stickylies

Well no, they've been cheating since Thaksin first came to power and still haven't able to win no matter how many military or judicial coups they do.

Next elections, guess who's going to win?

Well, I'll give you a clue, it isn't the Amart....

Stamp your feet and spit the dummy protests coming back to BKK again after that.

They just can't handle the country's leaders being voted in by dirty uneducated peasants and not themselves.

coffee1.gif

clap2.gif

Edited by Diplomatico

can you imagine an American General 'Suspending the Constitution'? maybe in a US TV series but this is 'supposed to be' REAL LIFE

Can you imagine how it would look if Obama would change the heads of the police to suit his needs ?

Can you imagine someone like Charlem as a politician in the USA with what he done for his son or what he is still doing.

Can you imagine a senator in the USA voting for other senators and then under oath lying about it ?

Can you imagine that secretly an amnesty for a high profile convicted criminal was added ?

Its crazy to compare a mature western Democracy with what we have here in Thailand. Until the constitution will curtail power abuse and corruption Thailand will never progress.

The U.S. doesn't abide by the constitution. If anyone thinks that the government you see on T.V. is running the United States, you're extremely naive...........

As a point of perspective I'd note that Washington DC and Bangkok were founded at the same time in history.

There's been a bit of divergence from then to the present and foreseeably going forward.

I thought Binjalin was trolling and being facetious but, maybe not so I am going to answer the questions quickly off the top of my head.

#1. Compare US to Thailand-- yes.

#2. Eric Holder.

#3. Nepotism? Rampant in US.

#4. I don't understand the question. But, perjury is common.

#5. Bill Clinton convicted perjury and pardoned. Ford pardoning Nixon.

I might add a few other practices of a mature western democracy; tapping phones,using taxing arm of gov't to suppress opposition parties, selling weapons to drug dealers, and way more stuff.

And various billionaires in th US are always trying to interfere with the US Constitution. (trying to change the 2d amendment)

Just sayin', oc

• Like 1

Is it save to travel to Thailand I have ticket for 28 May what shall I do?

Cancel.

Or get an onward connection to Philippines, Indonesia, Bali, even Vietnam.

This country has changed. Intolerant, angry, uncomfortable with democracy, deeply unequal. The coupmongers think that they can put a lid on the anger here. I doubt it.

• Like 1

I thought Binjalin was trolling and being facetious but, maybe not so I am going to answer the questions quickly off the top of my head.

#2. Eric Holder.

I might add a few other practices of a mature western democracy; tapping phones,using taxing arm of gov't to suppress opposition parties, selling weapons to drug dealers, and way more stuff.

And various billionaires in th US are always trying to interfere with the US Constitution. (trying to change the 2d amendment)

Just sayin', oc

You are being silly if you think there is any comparison between Thailand and the US. I'd advise you to look at some statistics. The US is way ahead in almost every respect: standard of living, honesty, lack of corruption, etc.

Just try living in Thailand for a while and you will realise what lying and self-deception really mean. No western country comes anywhere close.

Binjalin asked a sensible question: can you imagine a US General suspending the constitution? And of course you can't. Western countries have proper democracies. Thailand hasn't. Thailand's 'democracy' is a joke. This country is like a kindergarden. No-one abides by rules or democratic decisions. The legal processes are all bound up with 'who you know'.

The country is doomed, most especially because some misguided people think that the 'answer' lies in Suthep or the military. Actually the answer lies in democracy, but that has never really been tried in Thailand.

• Like 1

Right, well I'm at a loss?

as a side; on the Telly it shows the five arms of the services, going from left: Coastguard/Army/Navy/Air Force, now the last one, looks like a wheel with a Baseball bat behind it, is that the Phuket Tuk Tuk insignia...? Or maybe only local to this island paradise??

• Like 1

There are key provisions they in the Charter they might rewrite for reunification. One could be that a super majority of parliament is required to rewrite the Charter -- no more slinky after midnight amnesty provisions without a 70 percent majority of all sitting members, then approved by a simple senate majority. Another could be that defamation is made a civil, not criminal act. Another is that complaints files using lese majesty create punishments for those filed frivolously.

We could all go on like this to safeguard our chosen side (I don't have one so I find the idea of change hilarious)...in the end, neither side will make a change that limits their power once in office. Welcome back to the vicious circle.

Amazing Thailand.

#2. Eric Holder.

Just sayin', oc

You are being silly if you think there is any comparison between Thailand and the US. I'd advise you to look at some statistics. The US is way ahead in almost every respect: standard of living, honesty, lack of corruption, etc.

Just try living in Thailand for a while and you will realise what lying and self-deception really mean. No western country comes anywhere close.

Binjalin asked a sensible question: can you imagine a US General suspending the constitution? And of course you can't. Western countries have proper democracies. Thailand hasn't. Thailand's 'democracy' is a joke. This country is like a kindergarden. No-one abides by rules or democratic decisions. The legal processes are all bound up with 'who you know'.

The country is doomed, most especially because some misguided people think that the 'answer' lies in Suthep or the military. Actually the answer lies in democracy, but that has never really been tried in Thailand.

Western countries like the US are corporatocracies masquerading as democracies.

11 Things The Koch Brothers Don't Want You To Know

Princeton study concludes: US is an oligarchy, not a democracy

The Amazing Revolving Door - Monsanto, FDA & EPA

The Revolving Door Between Monsanto, the FDA, and the EPA: Your Safety in Peril

Wall St. / the City of London would very much like Thailand to follow this wonderful example in a more systematic (read : compliant subsidiary) fashion, with no surprises and pesky local power plays to get in the way or, god forbid, tip things in the balance of other world powers.

That is why Thaksin is their chosen one, a sort of economic Pinochet.

Before Thaksin it was the Democrats; they weren't very efficient or effective as far as the globalists were concerned, but they were the biggest and best organised party and you just have to work with what you've got. . . until Thaksin came along. His CEO style suited them to a T, if you'll excuse the expression.

Edited by Trembly

#2. Eric Holder.

Just sayin', oc

I see you go to a lot of tea parties.

I don't really have time to waste with tea party types, so I'll be quick and to the points.

Eric Holder is another black man in high authority, power, public trust. The tea party types put a bull's eye on his back too.

Nepotism in the US? It's not in the culture, very far from the norm.

A lot of things are common, perjury uncommon and the rare exception.

Bill Clinton was found not guilty. Nixon was channeled into resigning, Ford lost the next election.

The good thing about the 2nd Amendment is that is also protects me from you.

wink.png

Right, well I'm at a loss?

as a side; on the Telly it shows the five arms of the services, going from left: Coastguard/Army/Navy/Air Force, now the last one, looks like a wheel with a Baseball bat behind it, is that the Phuket Tuk Tuk insignia...? Or maybe only local to this island paradise??

Isn't that the Police badge?

I do like the idea of it being the crest of the Tuk Tuk Mafia though. Thank you for raising a smile on an otherwise grim day.

• Like 1

I have a ticket to Thailand for later in June, and don't have any plans at this stage to change it.

If it gets so dangerous that your embassy is telling you not to travel, I'm guessing you'll be able to reschedule your ticket, or get a refund.

Otherwise just be prudent when you're here.

Tv censored, media censored, freedom of movement banned, constitutuion suspended, economy ruined - woohoo this must be the great victory so many on here have wanted all along. Let the party start, North Korea style thumbsup.gif

Economy ruined?

The economy is already in recession and its about to get alot deeper.

Dont you worry, your pension will still be coming in and thats the main thing. As long as theres Chang on the table and girls in the bars in your eyes everything is fine rolleyes.gif

The rumor is that Gen Prayuth, out of "fairness for everyone" (his words) is going to start seriously enforcing existing prostitution laws and banning alcohol consumption countrywide.

I'm kidding, of course, but a more serious question is:

Can you spell: m-i-l-i-t-a-r-y d-i-c-t-a-t-o-r-s-h-i-p ?

One thing that is interesting about blogs and forums is that people can speculate. Speculation leads to original thought, instead of knee-jerk reactions about "My side is great and your side sucks".

To further this speculation, which annoys those wearing a team jersey (and talk about the team as if they were themselves on the field), consider this:

The Industrial Revolution in many ways was a clash between entrepreneurs and "old blood money". Clever business men had their own elite rise, and the established order despised it. Frankly, it was because they could not see it coming. Industrialists built a huge power base with capital because they saw clearly that money is power and they needed lots of money to become powerful. This is happening in Thailand now, with a twist.

The very people waving the King's flag are those that created a coup and changed the country from an Absolute Monarchy to a Constitutional Monarchy. It is ironic they claim they are the true royalists since their proxies reduced the King's power. They were entrepreneurs born within the "old blood money" system. But they are lazy, and rely on inertia to maintain power. It seems likely many amart cannot even program a DVD player.

Therefore we have a clash between the new elite, whose money came from telecommunications and such (an advancement in science and society the old entrepreneurial elites were too top-down minded to cash in upon) and the new entrepreneurial elites, who are tech savvy and fast moving. And are in many ways too radical since they never stop to wonder whose toes they are stepping on.

This is a cash struggle, not a class struggle. One side uses populist policies to consolidate democratic and therefore monetary power, which is one approach used by many political parties in foreign democracies including the US and Great Britain, while the other side appeals to gut feelings by waving the beautiful flag of the Monarchy (and which is also utilized by the opponents of populist parties in the US and British democracies).

Both sides are liars, and both sides will not yield ground easily.

When people talk about one side threatening democracy and the other side claiming that democracy must have stagnant stability – I have to laugh. Both sides are avoiding the main issue, being this: "who benefits from democracy"?

That is the feeding trough around which all conflicts revolve.

I feel privileged to see Thailand grow, She is beautiful and unique. I worry at the cost of change, but change is the only constant.

Many ferang are quick to judge an entire nation by the two-tier pricing at public markets, to ignore their geniuses because idiots are prolific in all of humankind, and to criticize people who are merely doing their best to continue what they already love...and there is the rub.

I think, in the long run, Thais will surprise us in very pleasant ways. It will not happen overnight, or even in ten years, but I think when I look back I will be glad I love these people.

Sincerely,

me

Edited by FangFerang
  • Like 2

Democracy is great when all parties abide by its peaceful methods. Well done to the army whom i hope can reestablish a basis for democracy in thailand. May the Thai people be able to live in peace and harmony again and be free from fear of voilence by those who do not wish to abide in peace.

The country is safe -- just be polite and you will not have problems. Read up online about scams in jewelry and jet skis, but you will find Thais to be generally very sweet and kind people.