All Bars in Pattaya closed until 25th May?

Mobi

most of the bars around mabprachan are closed even when theyre open.........unless you count 1 or 3 girls sat doing their nails and strumming their phones as 'staff'. theres probably more farangs on their chat screens than live ones sat waiting for service........

most of the bars around mabprachan are closed even when theyre open.........unless you count 1 or 3 girls sat doing their nails and strumming their phones as 'staff'. theres probably more farangs on their chat screens than live ones sat waiting for service........

thus speaks (yet another) dark side, tinted windowed fortuner driving kerb crawler... hoping to catch a 'diamond in the rough' without having to park up, go inside and be sociable.

• Like 2

...nice one!!!!

Early to bed, early to rise. Easier time doing the ladies for all the old guys.

Yep, long time now means longer.

You short-time boys are screwed (or not screwed as the case may be)

Get a girl at 9 45 PM she can't go home till morning!!!!

Early to bed, early to rise. Easier time doing the ladies for all the old guys.

Yep, long time now means longer.

You short-time boys are screwed (or not screwed as the case may be)

now that's the best of a bad situation, those of you whose tricks can't wait to leave, will still have a chance for that morning squeeze--timing is key

had to clean it up a bit

Edited by smotherb

thus speaks (yet another) dark side, tinted windowed fortuner driving kerb crawler... hoping to catch a 'diamond in the rough' without having to park up, go inside and be sociable.

If the bar is completely empty, I see nothing wrong with the female staff occupying themselves by doing their nails or playing with their smart phones. Nobody can be expected to sit still for hours on end, doing nothing except staring out into the road in case a car drives by looking to see how many girls are there.

It is a different story once a punter parks up and enters the bar. It is at this point we can tell the well run bars from the not so well run. Once the bar has a customer, the girls should stop what they are doing and make sure the customer has everything he needs.....

It is this total lack of interest in customers that gives a bar a bad name and ensures that customers do not return.

It is also something that we have to hammer into the girls at Mobi's day after day as telling them once isn't enough - and if the owner is not there, then nobody tells them.....

Back to bar closing times, it occurs to me that this can become a thread where all can report back on what time bars are staying open in various parts of 'greater Pattaya'.

Here around the lake, 10 p.m seems to be the rule, but it seems that in WS, midnight is becoming the norm.

How about the Beach Road bars? Soi Kow Noi etc?

Anyone?

Many Pattaya Walking Street go-go bars opened/closed early from 5-10PM last night and did a booming business. Everything closed promptly at 10.

I don't understand the prompt closing at 10pm. Do the staff and customers "enjoy" a lock-in? Otherwise they would have to break the curfew....or is my logic skewed?

Many Pattaya Walking Street go-go bars opened/closed early from 5-10PM last night and did a booming business. Everything closed promptly at 10.

I don't understand the prompt closing at 10pm. Do the staff and customers "enjoy" a lock-in? Otherwise they would have to break the curfew....or is my logic skewed?

A degree of latitude is assumed for bar workers and punters to get home. I would imagine anyone travelling between 10 and 10.30 wouldn't need to worry too much.

I have not heard of anyone being arrested yet for breaking the curfew....

I was out last night till midnight in Jomtien. 11pm many bars prepared to closing. Some others still open at midnight. I guess, tonight almost common conditions same as before the curfew.

I was out last night till midnight in Jomtien. 11pm many bars prepared to closing. Some others still open at midnight. I guess, tonight almost common conditions same as before the curfew.

Your lucky, I was out in Jomtiem driving around and saw nothing open at 11pm Rompho Market bars all closed up, as was Country Road , Country Club , the GoGo, nothing around Pratumnak, permanent food stalls on the beach road were open, but very quiet.

So which bars are you talking about? "conditions same as before the curfew" sorry nothing like the common conditions before the curfew.

Second time you have posted rubbish like this and not backed it up

Member perercool reported about farangs being locked up in Soi 9 for ignoring the curfew. They mean business, so better stay off the road during curfew hours.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Your lucky, I was out in Jomtiem driving around and saw nothing open at 11pm Rompho Market bars all closed up, as was Country Road , Country Club , the GoGo, nothing around Pratumnak, permanent food stalls on the beach road were open, but very quiet.

So which bars are you talking about? "conditions same as before the curfew" sorry nothing like the common conditions before the curfew.

Second time you have posted rubbish like this and not backed it up

Right now I sit in a bar at Rompho market and drink beer. Many bars still open.

Member perercool reported about farangs being locked up in Soi 9 for ignoring the curfew. They mean business, so better stay off the road during curfew hours.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Agreed its the fact that you aren't supposed to be out after the deadline.

I could name easily 5 places where I could go now for a beer but I'm buggered if I'm going home pissed whilst in the middle of a curfew same as I'm not sitting in a bar till 5am for the sake of a few beers.

Now it's 1 o'clock. I just arrived to my home (2 minutes from the bar). But...still some Bars open in Jomtien. Rompho market. No police. No soldiers. Similar as last night.....yes. it's quiet, but bars are open......................

I have no idea about Pattaya. I don't go to far because of curfew... I only stick in Jomtien.

Good night.

Edited by alocacoc

Seems some areas like around Mabprachan and further up to Pong have differing instructions or maybe are left out of the loop. While some places were reporting a relaxation of the curfew to midnight, others were closed by 10pm no doubt on orders from someone. It's very confusing but the expectation is still that any curfew will shift to midnight to 4pm some time soon for Bangkok and 23 other provinces of Thailand - of which Pattaya is hopefully to be included.

Left Ban Chang last night around 09:30pm and bars were still open but the mamasan said that they would be all shuttered by 11pm. Back in Pattaya, we managed a nightcap at the TQ but the house lights went on at 11pm so they could get the place cleaned and locked up before midnight. I saw a fair few people drinking in the total darkness of the arcade bars on Soi Diana as I drove home. It looked like most places were closed or closing and most people were heading home as well.

Soi 6 bars started shuttering around 9.30pm tonight but there was still a few with lights on and customers when I left around 10.15pm.

I caught Foodland before they blocked the parking lot entrance at 10.30pm and placed placards on the carpet immediately inside the front doors.