Thailand's Internet service providers report to NBTC

webfact

re

dont mess with FB or my wi-fi...army man

i know many girls in chiang mai who would happily remove the nuts of anyone who got in the way of them talking ( read getting money here ) from "customers "on fb , we chat or any of the social networks coz at the moment thats about the only way they are getting any money in by saying ... i miss you every day ... please send baht :)

dave2

pic ... a nice doodle i saw the other day :)

post-42592-0-58969400-1400865390_thumb.j

I am sending this using my cellular service on my phone. but my home internet is not working. Is it just my Internet service or are others having problems? I live in Bangkok and use True Internet.

and use True Internet. and there you have it all in 4 words

Am living Pattaya and using True Internet.

Having all kinds of wierd issues with the Internet as of Yesterday earlly AM.

I first got suspicious about 2 months back when wierd things were going on with my Internet, and asked a friend long living and working here in Thailand, and he said there were the same issues prior to 2006 coup.

I get the feeling "Thai Big Brother" is watching me now.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I think this is pretty much dead on. This has nothing to do with democracy or corruption. It's about one side wanting power and being unable to take it any other way, then putting together whatever spin they can on it. The sad thing is that intelligent people on this forum are somehow bamboozled into buying into it simply because of their dislike for Thaksin. I'm not af an of Thaksin, but I am a fan of democracy. And this is as far from it as you can possibly get.

And you really think you had democracy when thaksin and his thieves ruled the roost.dont think so, they just did as they wanted and the Thai people followed (not all, luckily for Thailand)

Democracy is about electing officials and allowing them to do their job. His party wins election after election and then the other side finds a way to remove them. You can say all you want about vote buying, but that happens on both sides, and while people will generally take the money, that doesn't mean they actually go in and vote that way. Meanwhile your going to sit here and ignore Suthep's people blocking polls, or the fact that both sides use paid protestors.

If you want to clean up democracy, clean up the election process and the corruption. The corruption clearly happens on both sides of the fence. I felt like Yingluck running for office was a farce, just to capitolize on Thaksin's name, when she had little in the way of real experience. That having been said, the people voice their opinions with their votes. But the politicians are never allowed to carry out their terms. The election process is democratic. The coups are not. Blocking voting booths is not. Trying to stack the election process in a way to allow the minority to win an election (the whole college education bs) is not. The Democrats are about as undemocratic as you can get. That is a fact.

That certainly doesn't mean the other side is right. But they are more right in this case. They get elected only to get ousted. Then watch as unelected people are appointed. In what alternate universe is that democratic? And why is it that the minority gets to have their way over the majority simply because they always have?

Democracy is not about "electing officials and allowing them to do their job" - being elected is one tiny piece of democracy. in a sentence, democracy is about governing for the people. In a modern democracy, this means everything from rights to free canvassing, free (within legal limits) speech, and free and fair elections, to adherence to the constitution, following parliamentary ethics, rules and guidelines, serving with integrity and selflessness - and serving one master, the people. Bad democracy is only about elections - many here seem to have espoused that and state it regularly (like you have here), it is often quite rightly replied to with a list of countries and regimes, past and present, which have truly bad/authoritarian governments AND elected officials - including most of the worst in history.

When you have a military coup that overthrows an elected government, it's not a question of whether you have a good or bad democracy. You now have no democracy at all. Democracy is the participation of the elecorate in the governance of the people - a government by the people and for the people. If the majority makes flawed political decisions, that's their right; there is no master to please. Suspension of the Constitution and sequesture of the representatives of the majority of the electorate is antithesis to democracy. There are no parliamentary ethics, ruless and regulations, no freedom of speech, no rule of law. It is the obediance to one master, no matter how benevolent that master may be.

It feels like Thailand is becoming the new China. It will be no coincident that China will once again be the first nation to recognize the military selected government as it did in 2007 as it sees in the military governance of Thailand as its own governance of China. I'd rather see Thailand become the new India.

I think this is pretty much dead on. This has nothing to do with democracy or corruption. It's about one side wanting power and being unable to take it any other way, then putting together whatever spin they can on it. The sad thing is that intelligent people on this forum are somehow bamboozled into buying into it simply because of their dislike for Thaksin. I'm not af an of Thaksin, but I am a fan of democracy. And this is as far from it as you can possibly get.

And you really think you had democracy when thaksin and his thieves ruled the roost.dont think so, they just did as they wanted and the Thai people followed (not all, luckily for Thailand)

Democracy is about electing officials and allowing them to do their job. His party wins election after election and then the other side finds a way to remove them. You can say all you want about vote buying, but that happens on both sides, and while people will generally take the money, that doesn't mean they actually go in and vote that way. Meanwhile your going to sit here and ignore Suthep's people blocking polls, or the fact that both sides use paid protestors.

If you want to clean up democracy, clean up the election process and the corruption. The corruption clearly happens on both sides of the fence. I felt like Yingluck running for office was a farce, just to capitolize on Thaksin's name, when she had little in the way of real experience. That having been said, the people voice their opinions with their votes. But the politicians are never allowed to carry out their terms. The election process is democratic. The coups are not. Blocking voting booths is not. Trying to stack the election process in a way to allow the minority to win an election (the whole college education bs) is not. The Democrats are about as undemocratic as you can get. That is a fact.

That certainly doesn't mean the other side is right. But they are more right in this case. They get elected only to get ousted. Then watch as unelected people are appointed. In what alternate universe is that democratic? And why is it that the minority gets to have their way over the majority simply because they always have?

Democracy is not about "electing officials and allowing them to do their job" - being elected is one tiny piece of democracy. in a sentence, democracy is about governing for the people. In a modern democracy, this means everything from rights to free canvassing, free (within legal limits) speech, and free and fair elections, to adherence to the constitution, following parliamentary ethics, rules and guidelines, serving with integrity and selflessness - and serving one master, the people. Bad democracy is only about elections - many here seem to have espoused that and state it regularly (like you have here), it is often quite rightly replied to with a list of countries and regimes, past and present, which have truly bad/authoritarian governments AND elected officials - including most of the worst in history.

Thank you everyone for the lessons in democracy, however it wasn't necessary. your time would be better spent analysing the complete lack of democracy, rule of law together with the control of the country by a convicted fugitive criminal living the life of luxury at the expense of the people with the uncontrolled corruption in place and promoted by the so called democratically elected PTP government.

Edited by Artisi