MRT & BTS schedule as of now and until further notice

elzach

This makes no sense at all.

At the very time everyone is trying to get home for the curfew they close down the fastest and most convenient mode of public transport.

They really haven't thought this through. BTS and MRT should operate until at least 10pm, then return to the stations. Workers for BTS and MRT would have an 'exception' to the coup time due to their essential work.

Instead they close early and I'm sure this creates even more traffic chaos on the roads.

At the very time everyone is trying to get home for the curfew they close down the fastest and most convenient mode of public transport.

They really haven't thought this through. BTS and MRT should operate until at least 10pm, then return to the stations. Workers for BTS and MRT would have an 'exception' to the coup time due to their essential work.

Instead they close early and I'm sure this creates even more traffic chaos on the roads.

Who is this "they"?

BTS workers need to get home like everyone else.

Who is this "they"?

They - seriously ? They = those who made the decision. I was quite clear in my sentence. They haven't thought it through, I then went on to describe what I was talking about. This is the way language works to describe a problem and the origin of the problem. The origin in this case being that 'they' have made a bad decision to shut down one of the quickest and most popular modes of public transport at the precise time when it's needed most.

'Essential' workers are exempted from the curfew. Doctors, Nurses, Delivery truck drivers (food logistics, etc) are specifically exempted from the curfew, there's a long list of people who are exempted from the curfew. Those who are exempted don't need to get home until their work is done. BTS/MRT workers could easily be added to this list.

Who is this "they"?

They - seriously ? They = those who made the decision. I was quite clear in my sentence. They haven't thought it through, I then went on to describe what I was talking about. This is the way language works to describe a problem and the origin of the problem. The origin in this case being that 'they' have made a bad decision to shut down one of the quickest and most popular modes of public transport at the precise time when it's needed most.

'Essential' workers are exempted from the curfew. Doctors, Nurses, Delivery truck drivers (food logistics, etc) are specifically exempted from the curfew, there's a long list of people who are exempted from the curfew. Those who are exempted don't need to get home until their work is done. BTS/MRT workers could easily be added to this list.

They... BTS/MRT operators or the military for deciding on exceptions to the curfew? To run until 10pm would require both, so no, you weren't being clear. Language... ? What are you babbling about.

I left the office late today (~8pm), did some shopping for dinner, and rode the MRT through Petchaburi, Sukhumvit, etc. stations ~845-9pm and it was practically empty.

Grow a pair and stop crying.

• Like 1

Who is this "they"?

"BTS workers need to get home like everyone else"...............gosh really celso................that is exactly what ukrules is saying.........Pointless post.

"Who is this they?"...........the fxxxers who decided to close the BTS and MRT early, for the purposes of his sensible post their individual identities are both unknown and unnecessary.

Who is this "they"?

They... BTS/MRT operators or the military for deciding on exceptions to the curfew? To run until 10pm would require both, so no, you weren't being clear. Language... ? What are you babbling about.

I left the office late today (~8pm), did some shopping for dinner, and rode the MRT through Petchaburi, Sukhumvit, etc. stations ~845-9pm and it was practically empty.

Grow a pair and stop crying.

Sorry, I clicked like on the wrong post. YTP is talking nonsense.

• 3 weeks later...

Let's have a tone of civity gentlemen please.

Thursday night 11:46 pm BTS Nana gates locked and workers going home. This creates problems.

I agree with UKrules on this matter.

And as a long standing problem of pedestrian traffic I would fire whoever in law enforcement is permitting vendors from clogging Sukhumvit north side from Soi 3.Chamlong Srimuang where are you?

Let's have a tone of civity gentlemen please.

Thursday night 11:46 pm BTS Nana gates locked and workers going home. This creates problems.

I agree with UKrules on this matter.

And as a long standing problem of pedestrian traffic I would fire whoever in law enforcement is permitting vendors from clogging Sukhumvit north side from Soi 3.Chamlong Srimuang where are you?

Oh boy, that's a good issue for discussion, the street vendors on Sukhumvit. You get the feeling that these vendors must have the highest up connections?! "Hey, I got this great spot 10 inches from the escalator/stairs of the BTS, surely they'll see me now".

Sorry, but these vendors really give Bangkok a third-world image often. Even in Yangon I noticed they are more sparsely located from one another, plus they don't take half of the sidewalk.