Former PM Yingluck May Be Detained For '3-7 Days'

Lite Beer

Come on Suthep is not a corrupt man like the elite. they got the power and privileges which protect them and make them rich, getting their hands on evrything( bribes are illegal right?)

but when it is them its normal man when its the red shirt or opposition( the thai people) then its called illegal, corruption scheme, etc) again double standard, friends of Bush?

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whistling.gif I wouldn't detain her.

If I was one of the military I'd simply confiscate (and destroy) all their cellphones and credit cards.

Then I'd put her on a flight to Dubai and send the bill for the trip (plus expenses) to her brother in Dubai.

C.O.D. (Cash on Delivery).

Of course big brother would gladly help little sister and her cohorts in her time of need.

Isn't he well known for his "charitable nature" ?

Edited by IMA_FARANG

At least they all showed up, respecting the summoned from military which the opponent Suthep, Abisit( yellow shirt) didn't comply in past. Well they never comply only if army back them up, strange isn't it?

Abhisit makes a point of turning up in court whenever one of his trumped up charges are called. Suthep is a different kettle of fish. But they are only charged, not convicted.

Unlike the man in Dubai who is actually convicted, who ran away before sentencing, and is still trying to lie that he was forced out.

• Like 1

Why don't you take time to read reports before you post rubbish. Suthep is among those who were held by the army after Thursday's abortive meeting.

I am yet to see where he has been actually named as being held in detention, maybe you can post a link.

Read back through the posts in the News thread....(not all of them, just the relevant ones). It shouldn't take you much effort to figure out it will be in the threads concerning the second meeting on Thursday. I am not wasting any more of my day just to save your lazy a$$!

The yellow supporters who think this is a good thing are so clouded by their bias that they have care aside all decency and democratic thought. When you start rounding up people who have adamantly been anti violence, you're WAY WAY over the line- even for Thailand politics. This should be an outrage to everyone here. If not, you've crossed over the fanatical line.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You say that your girlfriend is so adamantly ANTI VIOLENCE but it's ok for her to allow children to be killed in the line of fire at a protest rally.

Your a joke "idiot farang"

I remember many of you making jokes about her fleeing the country in a plane with 20 luggage bags or so.

But she actually had the courage to present herself to the army.

Respect!

Everyone was surprised at how immediate the coup was.

Sent from my LG-P970 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

"Ms. Yingluck's aides were told in the evening to prepare personal belongings for the former leader, the source said."

Her aides will call the army when they have prepared everything and ask for a truck to transport all the luggage... u can imagine how many different clothes, shoes, bags etc etc she will need for a full week....

I wonder if she has more shoes than Imelda Marcos? whistling.gif

Internationally, the detention of Yingluck will be a Public Relations disaster for the Generals.

Domestically, she is still popular in the provinces, and this will only lead to inflame her supporters.

I agree and after next elections (when?????) PTP will win and the whole game starts again?

...if they keep on extorting money, the there will be the next coup in the pipe.

I feel sort of sad for her in a way. Thaksin in essence forced her into this position, and

then gave her skype instructions on how to loot the country. What at first seemed

like power and free shopping trips abroad has now turned horribly wrong for her..

Are you kidding me ???!!!!

she knew EXACTLY what she was doing!!!

You are suggesting she was "only following orders" !!!! (come one!! you are smarter than that).

i've got no problems that you may be a red shirt supporter,,, i dont truest EITHER side to be honest.

and I highly doubt that she is really being Held in a Jail !!! I imagine this is all part of a PRE-ARRANGED Deal to "make it seem as if she is being jailed" (to make the Yellow shirts happy)... but most likely she is enjoying a comfortable week with her family and aides.

I think you're being pretty naive about the situation.

Why don't you take time to read reports before you post rubbish. Suthep is among those who were held by the army after Thursday's abortive meeting.

I am yet to see where he has been actually named as being held in detention, maybe you can post a link.

Read back through the posts in the News thread....(not all of them, just the relevant ones). It shouldn't take you much effort to figure out it will be in the threads concerning the second meeting on Thursday. I am not wasting any more of my day just to save your lazy <deleted>!

Oh, I see. So it's just speculation on your part! Yet to figure the comment about my butt?

during the time of arrest nobody really knows what has been said. I guess some middlemen and contacts outside are shaking now. Sure with so many arrests the army gathered more useful info.

The psychologial effect is big.

They will be arrested for not longer than 7 days.

When they're released can they be arrested again for another 7 days?

I feel sort of sad for her in a way. Thaksin in essence forced her into this position, and

then gave her skype instructions on how to loot the country. What at first seemed

like power and free shopping trips abroad has now turned horribly wrong for her..

I understand your feelings, but she must have known that eventually this latest looting of the country by her brother must come to an end eventually and that she would be investigated. What disappointed me was how this pretty woman allowed herself to be changed into a politician like her brother.

I can easily tell while reading all your opinions, that which ones of you married / have RED gf / wives from Issan or the north. These people will only breathe on their term of 'democracy'... that only election is an answer.

In RED democracy, all you would hear is... military coup is bad, army is bad etc... They would call all these coup things illegal, unauthorised military... But still, once the authorised judgement from the authorised court came out, none of them accepted it.

And not only don't accept; they came to the judges, knocking the door and threaten to harm them and their families for judging their side of politicians' corruption crimes.

Have your RED gf/wives told you these???

Since you guys are not native Thai, let me tell you what happen every time your democracy pet so-call 'elections' took place. There would be someone knocking my door, and every doors in the town/ village/ cities ... and offer how much money the household would get if we elect xxx ? Like an auction for the votes.

Now, Thailand is facing the greatest corruption in our history based on democracy system.

But all you guys saying is... Go get election !!!

I don't think so...

• Like 1

Seems army is going the whole hog

I wish them (and the country) success

I don't think you are quite correct. Why are Suthep and that renegade monk allowed freedom after all they did including breaking into buildings and beating up innocent citizens who had nothing to do with either side. They are criminals.

Sorry for her ,just shows you no brain at all ,she had chance to do a runner like her brother ,

He was in New York at the time of the 2006 coup - at the UN. He didn't do a 'runner' as you suggest. Would you have come back whatever the rights and wrongs? Seriously.

Seems army is going the whole hog

I wish them (and the country) success

I don't think you are quite correct. Why are Suthep and that renegade monk allowed freedom after all they did including breaking into buildings and beating up innocent citizens who had nothing to do with either side. They are criminals.

are they not still in the company of the military - like the reds?

There are rumors that she will be detained until she can answer a few simple questions regarding here previous administration.................................which in fact will mean she sentenced to life in those army baracks.

By the way, who's that lady behind her with the "all saying" smile from ear to ear .

That smiling girl is 'Pancake' Thai actress/model/present....don't ya know ur celebraties, she's on channel 7.

I can easily tell while reading all your opinions, that which ones of you married / have RED gf / wives from Issan or the north. These people will only breathe on their term of 'democracy'... that only election is an answer.

In RED democracy, all you would hear is... military coup is bad, army is bad etc... They would call all these coup things illegal, unauthorised military... But still, once the authorised judgement from the authorised court came out, none of them accepted it.

And not only don't accept; they came to the judges, knocking the door and threaten to harm them and their families for judging their side of politicians' corruption crimes.

Since you guys are not native Thai, let me tell you what happen every time your democracy pet so-call 'elections' took place. There would be someone knocking my door, and every doors in the town/ village/ cities ... and offer how much money the household would get if we elect xxx ? Like an auction for the votes.

Now, Thailand is facing the greatest corruption in our history based on democracy system.

I don't think so...

I suspect that you are one of those yellow shirt rich guys. All the morality of a hungry rat. Don't like democracy becuase it does not suit you when the person you want in office is not elected. Shame on you.

• Like 2

Mind numbing. One day in and they shoot themselves in the foot in respect of promoting reconciliation by being malicious and vindictive. Can it get ant more stupid?

I normally ask myself the same question, right after I've read your bias, constant one eyed comments on these political threads.

• Like 1

Some really important details missing here:

1. Will she be able to use her Skype account?

2. Will they organize daily shopping excursions?

Oh for Christ's sake, give these moronically irrelevant, weak-kneed cheap shots a bluddy rest will ya ?

"Sometimes, 'fuggedabowdit' just means fuggedabowdit. . . . "

• Like 2

I don't think so...

I suspect that you are one of those yellow shirt rich guys. All the morality of a hungry rat. Don't like democracy becuase it does not suit you when the person you want in office is not elected. Shame on you.

What's the difference with a Conservative canvasser knocking my door in the UK and saying "Vote for us and we'll give you big tax cuts" (Or labour/Liberal - just to remove any bias). Isn't that a bribe in the same sense, particularly when the renege on the promise!.

With this curfew now in place, we are all being detained to a point. Welcome to Thailand and the detainee club.

I heard a little rumour that your often chained and detained somewhat, or was it a straight jacket :P

• Like 1

There is a lot of anti govt support here, but remember the pro govt is more than anti govt, who should leave? Is suthep name out in the list? I don't think he's being arrested or detailed?

I am absolutely pro an elected government. But I strongly oppose the accumulation of wealth by abusing the positions held in an elected government. This is not petty theft, it is a criminal act against the Thai people, and taxpayer. Therefore all those, who helped to overthrow the elected government have my sympathy.

If the army should look at the government books of the Rice Support scheme, she, and many others, will be detained for a lot longer than 3-7 days. A full audit of this government's financial dealings will have most of them in the criminal court system for years. I predict that most of those charged will be runners and that some are even packing their bags now. This PTP, Thaksin puppet government has been shameless in its handling of the people's budget.

It should at least be closely examined, as a minimum.