Catch me if you can: red leader

Lite Beer

Great to see someone having a go!

The thai people overwhelming and democratically voted in yingluck and the PTP and now have had it ripped away from them by the elite yellows once again .

He sees the will of the people being denied and he's not just going to roll over.

I'd buy him a beer to!

....to.....what?

• Like 1

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great to see Sombat exposes the military coup as what it is - against the constitution and illegal!

The military has no legal authority to order anybody to do anything.

Next step should be now to establish a government in exile and challenge the authority of the military leadership with the backing of the international community have Prayuth and all involved in the coup arrested and charged with treason.

• Like 2

You can avoid all this talk of tearing down democracy by attending and having meaningful talks on reform, so this isn't going to happen again, that is General Prayuth's idea or you can keep running , perhaps you will realise there is not only you in Thailand and selfish as you are maybe you will think again and join the talks.coffee1.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Great to see Sombat exposes the military coup as what it is - against the constitution and illegal!

Next step should be now to establish a government in exile and challenge the authority of the military leadership with the backing of the international community have Prayuth and all involved in the coup arrested and charged with treason.

The military has the authority and it comes from the highest authority in the land, so don't start this mind bending exercise of what is not right and what is wrong The military are not acting on their own.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Wow, you are really far out, dude!

First of all, international community will "condemn" the coup but never will they back an exiled government in Shinawattra! Next, is there another army that's bigger than Prayuth's in Thailand??? Let us know because we are definitely keen to be reveled to your information. Who is going to do the arrest of Prayuth etal? You think UN, US and EU are going to send in the troops to do the dirty work for this imaginary "exile" government you just proposed? Wake up and go drink your coffee or rather, smell it!

Edited by huanga

The thai people overwhelming and democratically voted in yingluck and the PTP and now have had it ripped away from them by the elite yellows once again .

He sees the will of the people being denied and he's not just going to roll over.

I'd buy him a beer to!

Please explain the word democratic???????

because the last election according to the 5 dictionaries I have was not what we had at the last

Please Explain how it is democratic that if one party wants to hve thei say in North east thailand

they a bash, put into hospital or killed

sorry I apoligise

I did not know you came from North Korea

Aahhh the yellows!

Don't worry about my yingluck she'll be okAll the yellows expected her flee the country but she still here.

What the yellows have to worry about is the next election as it's going to be a landslide to the reds!

Fancy you bunch actually supporting military dictatorship !

It's shameful and a disgrace !

• Like 1

Aahhh the yellows!

Don't worry about my yingluck she'll be okAll the yellows expected her flee the country but she still here.

What the yellows have to worry about is the next election as it's going to be a landslide to the reds!

Fancy you bunch actually supporting military dictatorship !

It's shameful and a disgrace !

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif Elvis is alive--it's the Yellows again talk----how are you today Queen Victoria ??? get up to date.

You have to be the now the chief WIND UP MERCHANT on TVF, what an honour. Elvis and the yellows are dead, your post re elections and landslide have gone long ago with the ARK.

• Like 2

did the army only invade bangkok or really the whole country ?

if he is in his red bastion, the army might also be on his side, if all the army boys come from there

Sure all the army boys come from UDON. cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

The military has the authority and it comes from the highest authority in the land, so don't start this mind bending exercise of what is not right and what is wrong The military are not acting on their own.

Which part of ILLEGAL COUP did you not understand?

It is only 2 words can't be that difficult?

• Like 1

He has the Thaksin mentality.

It's almost quaint the Pavlovian brainless response that Yellows have for Thaksin's name and how they use it for anything they see as bad even when it makes no sense. It's been amusing watching the brain trust around here try to justify this occupation by the rebel militia.

"Something, something Dubai!"

As for Sombat, he probably will never see this but if I ever met the guy I'd buy him a beer right away. Keep fighting the good fight, brother.

For me it was a simple comparison. Cause havoc but when asked to face the consequences, run run run! He's not fighting any good fight, he's just a waterboy for the Sandman.

You want him to stand and fight against one of the largest and best equipped armies in the region? don't be daft! He's defying them the best he can.

I'd buy him a beer to!

I hope he like a drink, because I'd like to buy him a beer too. non violent resistance is the only way to react to the military bullies.

Will we be reading about PDRC folks being hauled off as well as the ones who shut down the international airport , a true security breach.

When did the PDRC shut down the airport? Must have missed that one - or are you talking about the PAD a completely different organisation? Suthep is already in custody as are pretty much all the leaders, and Abhisit too, unlike the UDD etc there are less heads in the PDRC hydra - and as always, they tend to hand themselves in and don't need to be chased.

• Like 2

Khun Sombat is a hero!

He would be great as next Thai PM!

He should start his own political party now - has already 58.000 followers on twitter and climbing - he can easily multiply that by 10 if he starts a Facebook page!

Edited by Cnxforever
  • Like 1

It's almost quaint the Pavlovian brainless response that Yellows have for Thaksin's name and how they use it for anything they see as bad even when it makes no sense. It's been amusing watching the brain trust around here try to justify this occupation by the rebel militia.

As for Sombat, he probably will never see this but if I ever met the guy I'd buy him a beer right away. Keep fighting the good fight, brother.

Don't the reds do the same? Elite this and fascist this? Just as bad.

REMEMBER PLEASE, PTP self destructed, acted unlawful, ILLEGAL. when you have an illegal governing body abusing power MEGA style as now revealed there are no excuses. THEY HAD TO GO.

What PTP did WAS politically motivated. trash is put in the bin, then taken to dump sites.

• Like 2

The government was already getting its policy dictated from abroad, so hardly a new notion.

That said, how does establishing a government in exile help heal the rifts plaguing Thailand?

Not saying that the coup is ideal, it obviously isn't. But the situation was messed up for months,

and the government's policies prior to this would have run the country down the drain.

• Like 1

Will we be reading about PDRC folks being hauled off as well as the ones who shut down the international airport , a true security breach.

When did the PDRC shut down the airport? Must have missed that one - or are you talking about the PAD a completely different organisation? Suthep is already in custody as are pretty much all the leaders, and Abhisit too, unlike the UDD etc there are less heads in the PDRC hydra - and as always, they tend to hand themselves in and don't need to be chased.

Abhisit was actually released, as were most leaders of political parties on both sides (Yingluck and Chalerm are still "guesting"

with the Army, not sure about others). To be fair, most of the PTP and UDD leaders reported in. Not sure if that's commendable

or not, but it is what it is.

Abhisit, Democrat representatives to failed meeting released
May 23, 2014 1:56 pm
The coup makers have released Democrat leader Abhisit Vejjajiva and four Democrat representatives who attended the failed seven-partite meeting at the Army Club.They were released at twenty minutes after midnight.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Abhisit-Democrat-representatives-to-failed-meeting-30234412.html

• Like 1

He is spot on. After the initial shock of the coup, which took most people by surprise, I would imagine that people will start protesting and refuse to accept the military. Looking at the news releases of the small protests in Bangkok, the soldiers are kids and looked totally out of their depth. I wouldnt count on them being able to police larger and more boisterous demonstrations, which are likely to occur as people get over the initial shock of the coup, which, I think is fair to say, took most people by surprise. The detaining of leaders will only serve to anger the people who voted/ support them.

• Like 1

Khun Sombat is a hero!

He should start his own political party now - has already 58.000 followers on twitter and climbing - he can easily multiply that by 10 if he starts a Facebook page!

And run the country from Facebook, like the erstwhile PM Yingluck cheesy.gif

But seriously though, what are his family connections? Without those, he has a snowball's chance in hell.

Actually, Sombat represents a different line of thought and action from the rest of the red-shirt movement. His ideas and contributions to the national debate have been discussed on thaivisa before, with even those who usually oppose the larger red movement acknowledging the difference. For one thing, he is not a Thaksinite. For another, he is committed to nonviolence. And he has a long, well-respected history of service to society through the many organizations he founded, which work on problems like helping hilltribe children attain Thai citizenship, locating missing persons, countering begging gangs, and providing IT education in rural areas.

I've known him personally for about 14 years. In 2006, not too long after the coup, we had a long conversation about politics and reforming Thai society. He wants to overturn the entrenched feudalistic attitudes that block the nation's progress. He made it clear that he could care less about Thaksin, but that this was the first time in history that poor rural Thais were finding their political voice.

And here's my disclaimer: I'm neither red nor yellow. Over my 20 years here, I have known Thais from every walk of life, from dirt poor rural farmers to ethnic minorities to Bangkok middle class to aristocrats etc etc. Thailand is in a complex and tricky situation right now, and it behooves anyone who cares about the place to keep a reasonable mind, see past the colors, and try to understand who's who and what's actually being said.

that is like saying that nazis supported the jews, if he was a freedom fighter why did he join a blood thirsty group that does thaksins bidding. There are some policies that are good for the people but that doesnt mean you have to agree with everything else they do, he should have remained neutral and then pushed his ideals so that he was neither a red nor yellow but he chose to associate with people that blow up/kill children and innocent people to get their own/thaksins ways. He sounds more like an idiot that simply cannot accept the truth, all he is doing is causing more problems but that obviously is not important to him, if he is so intouch with thais he should realize what he is doing is creating dissent. He could do a lot more by helping to clean all this mess up

"That is like saying that nazis supported the jews"

No. It is not.

Hyperbole away, though, if it makes your weekend better.

Actually, Sombat represents a different line of thought and action from the rest of the red-shirt movement. His ideas and contributions to the national debate have been discussed on thaivisa before, with even those who usually oppose the larger red movement acknowledging the difference. For one thing, he is not a Thaksinite. For another, he is committed to nonviolence. And he has a long, well-respected history of service to society through the many organizations he founded, which work on problems like helping hilltribe children attain Thai citizenship, locating missing persons, countering begging gangs, and providing IT education in rural areas.

I've known him personally for about 14 years. In 2006, not too long after the coup, we had a long conversation about politics and reforming Thai society. He wants to overturn the entrenched feudalistic attitudes that block the nation's progress. He made it clear that he could care less about Thaksin, but that this was the first time in history that poor rural Thais were finding their political voice.

And here's my disclaimer: I'm neither red nor yellow. Over my 20 years here, I have known Thais from every walk of life, from dirt poor rural farmers to ethnic minorities to Bangkok middle class to aristocrats etc etc. Thailand is in a complex and tricky situation right now, and it behooves anyone who cares about the place to keep a reasonable mind, see past the colors, and try to understand who's who and what's actually being said.

that is like saying that nazis supported the jews, if he was a freedom fighter why did he join a blood thirsty group that does thaksins bidding. There are some policies that are good for the people but that doesnt mean you have to agree with everything else they do, he should have remained neutral and then pushed his ideals so that he was neither a red nor yellow but he chose to associate with people that blow up/kill children and innocent people to get their own/thaksins ways. He sounds more like an idiot that simply cannot accept the truth, all he is doing is causing more problems but that obviously is not important to him, if he is so intouch with thais he should realize what he is doing is creating dissent. He could do a lot more by helping to clean all this mess up

Like preaching to infants. You really dont understand it do you?

'Brother!', you sound like that clown of a Brit who was interviewed on Television during the 2010 uprising who was eventually arrested and booted out the country.

I'd buy him a beer to!

Perhaps we can get all you boys who want to buy him a beer to get together for that very purpose, in fact I will put on a barrel for all of you. It should make it easy then for the Military to pick him up and then collect all you clowns and deliver you to the airport for the one way trip out.

Khun Sombat is a hero!

58K followers on twitter and you think that could be 580k followers if he started a facebook page. And those numbers are big enough to make him a PM eh? Just why would he be great as the next PM? I know qualifications and experience are not an issue here as precedent has been set in that the last PM had zero experience of politics and zero qualifications to hold her position, but why would this Red violent thug make a great PM? I am arranging a beer call with free beer (see above) for you chaps do you fancy coming, I am happy to send you an invite wink.png

Edited by GentlemanJim

"That is like saying that nazis supported the jews"

No. It is not.

Hyperbole away, though, if it makes your weekend better.

This has been said many times. The original Reds were a grass roots pressure group with good ideals and aims - it was hijacked by the Shin supporters and the aims skewed drastically - with lip service paid to the grass root with crap populist policies. I don't know this guy, but if he does have integrity, and follows the original aims of the Reds, then he would make a much better leader. How many of the anti-Red people are actually just ant-Shin/anti-Thaksin? I would surmise, a fair chunk.

May be it is in his best interests to turn himself in - by not he may end up with a ban or (remember we have no idea as to reforms now coming) barred from standing due to a conviction.

• Like 1