Australia V Brazil

Totster

It is just before the Australia v Brazil match. Ronaldinho goes into theBrazilian changing room to find all his teammates looking a bit glum.

"What's up?" he asks.

"Well, we're having trouble getting motivated for this game. We know it's important but it's only Australia. They're sh*te and we can't be bothered."

Ronaldinho looks at them and says, "Well, I reckon I can beat them by myself. You lads go down the pub."

So Ronaldinho goes out to play Australia by himself and the rest of the Brazilian team go off for a few jars.

After a few pints they wonder how the game is going, so they get the landlord to put the teletext on. A big cheer goes up as the screen reads " Brazil 1 - Australia 0 (Ronaldinho 10 minutes)". He is beating Australia all by himself!

Anyway, a few pints later and the game is forgotten until someone remembers, "It must be full time now, let's see how he got on." They put the teletext on.

"Result from the Stadium 'Brazil 1 (Ronaldinho 10 minutes) - Australia 1 (Viduka 89 minutes)."

They can't believe it; he has single-handedly got a draw against Australia!! They rush back to the Stadium to congratulate Ronaldinho. They find him inthe dressing room, still in his gear, sitting with his head in his hands.

He refuses to look at them. "I've let you down, I've let you down."

"Don't be daft, you got a draw against Australia, all by yourself. And they only scored at the very, very end!"

"No, no, I have, I've let you down. I got sent off after 12 minutes."

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a stupid story!

Everyone knows Viduka couldn't hit the side of a barn. He's missed his last two or three penalties!

A fine Australian name..... :D

A normal multicultural Australian name. As an example my local telephone book has thousands of Ngs, Nguyens, Trans, Vidovichs, Sarichs, Sumichs, etc. :D

It was explained to you elsewhere Chuck, that all the Aussie team were born in Australia, so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. :D

I guess a check of Kiwi names (particularly in the rugby team) would show a perponderence of South sea islander monikers. How many of the All Blacks were born outside NZ? :o:D

What a stupid story!

Everyone knows Viduka couldn't hit the side of a barn. He's missed his last two or three penalties!

A fine Australian name..... :D

A normal multicultural Australian name. As an example my local telephone book has thousands of Ngs, Nguyens, Trans, Vidovichs, Sarichs, Sumichs, etc. :D

It was explained to you elsewhere Chuck, that all the Aussie team were born in Australia, so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. :D

I guess a check of Kiwi names (particularly in the rugby team) would show a perponderence of South sea islander monikers. How many of the All Blacks were born outside NZ? :o:D

There are probably more South Sea Islander names in the "book" than pommie ones like "smith".

However , I noticed that Vadonka, dosn't exactly speak with an Aussie accent. :D

Didn't the "12 man" do a great take off of all the ichs in the aussie Soccer teams......

However , I noticed that Vadonka, dosn't exactly speak with an Aussie accent. :o

Didn't the "12 man" do a great take off of all the ichs in the aussie Soccer teams......

I don't know who Vadonka is. I don't really follow the soccer. :D Although I think we did beat Brazil last time we met. But as the poms like to point out (3-1) friendlies don't count.

The 12th man stuff is hilarious! :D:D

Edited by Old Croc

I have a thousand Baht note sitting in a jar. (no good here)

Work out how to get it there after.

I'll have some of that OldCroc :o Not that it is a bet, it's that money i lent to you last year :D

You're on. Lent? What? :D

Australia - Brasil will certainly be a very interesting match to watch.

The Brasilians will not so easy 'crush' the Socceroos.....believe me; at least not so easy as the Argentinians crushed (humiliated) the Serbians & Montenegronians this afternoon.

An interesting matrch indeed!

LaoPo

Well, can't say I'm that impressed with Brazil so far. Good game, though, Australia put up a good challenge.

A popular song down the Bristol Rovers ground a few years back used to be "it's just like watching Brazil", the Brazilian fans might be singing "it's just like watching Bristol Rovers" if they play like they have so far against a decent side.

Edited by konangrit

Well, I think 2 - 0 is the correct result.

Brazil will progress, and Australia needs to beat Croatia or at a minimum draw if Brazil can beat Japan.

As Australia did Japan 3-1 then I still feel that Australia will progress.

At the end of the day, they have made an excellent account for themselves in this world cup.