Orders so far

Lite Beer

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please be respectful of other members. Because something did not happen in your area it does not mean it can't happen in other areas. Freedom of movement in some areas has been restricted, If a busload of people plan to come to BKK, they can expect to explain the purpose of their trip.

Because the curfew is not being enforced in some areas does not mean that there isn't a curfew.

Please dispense with the notion that if it didn't happen to you, then it doesn't exist.

• Like 1

Just got off phone with GF in Isaan. Anyone wanting to travel outside village, say to Sisaket, Ubon, Bangkok, must go to village authority to get written permission for travel.

Interesting

Thai wife had to drive to Bkk , left last night at 11pm to pick up stock for her shop

we live Kalasin 2 hrs from Udon

took 3 friends with her

just rang her on her mobile, and she said went through one army stoppage, they just asked where they where going and why?

they where happy with her answer and told thank you have a good day

No problems

The 16 Predictions of Buddha - taken from http://www.meditationthailand.com/16predictions.htm

1. 2482 - 2492 B.E. Evil era.

2. 2492 - 2502 B.E. Visiting friends era.

3. 2502 - 2512 B.E. Losing territory era.

4. 2512 - 2522 B.E. Havoc era.

5. 2522 - 2532 B.E. Land taken over by the outlaw era.

6. 2532 - 2542 B.E. Prosper socialite era.

7. 2542 - 2552 B.E. Admiring the traitor era.

8. 2552 - 2562 B.E. Grievance land era.

9. 2562 - 2572 B.E. Alleviated world era.

10. 2572 - 2582 B.E. Worry free era.

The present time is in 7th era "Admiring the traitor" it’s an era that unmoral attitudes affect the country, causes the country to be disunited, facing all kinds of troubles. There is a forecast toward the end of year of the dog 2549 B.E. period of moonless nights. People will suffer from many causes. This is called 8 distresses and they are:

Distress from flood coming from the melting ice mountains which raise the sea level

Distress from selfishness

Distress from lack of food

Distress from family separation

Distress from death in the fields

Distress from inconvenience to leave the country

Distress from inability to sleep

The capital did not only suffer from war but also from other endless problems. These 8 distresses will occur in Thailand and other democracy countries because people will abuse their rights and ruin others' rights without shame. They only focus on self profit. The mass media war clash with the government will occur. The experts will get talkative yet pointless.

Government minor officials will become scapegoats. The top administrator will bring their followers as subordinates. Many groups will use the country's benefit as a front to build trust from the people. These types of people only seek to profit themselves. It will not be long before we get to see for ourselves. As a matter of fact, the author learned from many teachers about forecasting Thailand and the changes in the world mentioned. The seas will become mountains, mountains will turn into flat land, villages will become cemeteries, and humans will eat dogs. Bullies will takeover again. Those that believe that they are in the upper class will wear skimpy clothes or non at all. Modeling will become undressing (calling it a new fashion).

you think Buddha made predictions about Thailand? I mean THAILAND? he lived in India for a start

• Like 1

Is there really a curfew ? In Rayong last night there were cars everywhere until at least midnight and the local nightclub/karaoke/girlie bar (the one that supposedly has 'connections' and has been playing loud music keeping all the local residents awake till 05.00am for the last six months) continued well past 03.00 am - how come and how can we expect the new leader to get things under control if a whole town couldn't give a monkey's - where were the military or the police?

Is there really a curfew ? In Rayong last night there were cars everywhere until at least midnight and the local nightclub/karaoke/girlie bar (the one that supposedly has 'connections' and has been playing loud music keeping all the local residents awake till 05.00am for the last six months) continued well past 03.00 am - how come and how can we expect the new leader to get things under control if a whole town couldn't give a monkey's - where were the military or the police?

Known how law-abiding most of the Thais are, I am not surprised. More and more people appear outside after 10 pm. This curfew is all about to stop the anti-coup protest, and, seemingly, there is no intention to intervene in ordinary people's life.

The 16 Predictions of Buddha - taken from http://www.meditationthailand.com/16predictions.htm

The present time is in 7th era "Admiring the traitor" it’s an era that unmoral attitudes affect the country, causes the country to be disunited, facing all kinds of troubles. There is a forecast toward the end of year of the dog 2549 B.E. period of moonless nights. People will suffer from many causes. This is called 8 distresses and they are:

Distress from flood coming from the melting ice mountains which raise the sea level

The capital did not only suffer from war but also from other endless problems. These 8 distresses will occur in Thailand and other democracy countries because people will abuse their rights and ruin others' rights without shame. They only focus on self profit. The mass media war clash with the government will occur. The experts will get talkative yet pointless.

Government minor officials will become scapegoats. The top administrator will bring their followers as subordinates. Many groups will use the country's benefit as a front to build trust from the people. These types of people only seek to profit themselves. It will not be long before we get to see for ourselves. As a matter of fact, the author learned from many teachers about forecasting Thailand and the changes in the world mentioned. The seas will become mountains, mountains will turn into flat land, villages will become cemeteries, and humans will eat dogs. Bullies will takeover again. Those that believe that they are in the upper class will wear skimpy clothes or non at all. Modeling will become undressing (calling it a new fashion).

you think Buddha made predictions about Thailand? I mean THAILAND? he lived in India for a start

no it was nepal where hes from..

Edited by GoodThaiGirl

ah so you're posting predictions about Nepal? I believe we might be slightly wandering off topic

Down here on Koh Phangan they did the full moon-bucket-curfew special. Where everyone had to be out by 10, and in by 5am... which was a tad early, especially with the mandatory meth and red bull chasers. They are talking about changing the 2am regular shutdown time into a happy hour.

• Like 1

Bye bye freedom of speech. Bye bye human rights. Wonder how much the country can isolate itself.

Then you have no understanding of why the temporary curfew is in effect. Consider getting to know some locals, getting in the loop. They couldn't penetrate the pro gov't mobs and their weapons before, don't want criminals to escape again to Lao/Cambodia, nor do they want/need hired mercenaries and arms getting through the border. Or would you prefer to see that, along with more people harmed?

• Like 1

Bye bye freedom of speech. Bye bye human rights. Wonder how much the country can isolate itself.

Then you have no understanding of why the temporary curfew is in effect. Consider getting to know some locals, getting in the loop. They couldn't penetrate the pro gov't mobs and their weapons before, don't want criminals to escape again to Lao/Cambodia, nor do they want/need hired mercenaries and arms getting through the border. Or would you prefer to see that, along with more people harmed?

You are right. I have no understanding of restriction of freedom of speech or curtailment of human rights. You can come up with millions of excuses or assumptions as you like. I am pretty sure you have the clear understanding of the situation. I envy you buddy.

Why don't you look into the mirror and ask why you think you need to play the smart arse and tell people off? Who are you to know so much???????

Wonder why the government supporters, which consisted of almost 50 % of the population, are always mobs, but everybody else seems to be an angel. Wake up boy.

I have to say that I was surprised by the courageously mocking tone of Sunday's Bangkok Post. Page 2 made brilliant use of satire to critique recent events in Thailand, basically presenting it as a review of play that has been staged in the country many times (with some new and not-so-new actors). I'm fully expecting some writers and editors to be invited to the Army Club for a "little chat" in the next day or so...

• Like 1

The present time is in 7th era "Admiring the traitor" its an era that unmoral attitudes affect the country, causes the country to be disunited, facing all kinds of troubles. There is a forecast toward the end of year of the dog 2549 B.E. period of moonless nights. People will suffer from many causes. This is called 8 distresses and they are:

Where did he give his first sermon..not Nepal ....find out for yourself and you might learn where he lived and after that find out more about his life.

All else aside is there a thread here on TV that deals only with the latest news pertaining to the curfew? Will TV send out an alert if the curfews hours are changed or relaxed in certain areas... like Pattaya...rolleyes.gif

TIA

Just got off phone with GF in Isaan. Anyone wanting to travel outside village, say to Sisaket, Ubon, Bangkok, must go to village authority to get written permission for travel.

You know thats BS right? I live in isaan, and life goes on much the same as before. Drove into Khon Kaen this morning, the only sign of a coup were the two decorative armored troop carriers parked on the side of the road...without a soldier to be seen I might add.

The name---Ting tong--means crazy in English.

Wow this is a harsh forum. Just reporting what I have been told. Have no reason to suspect this is BS. Never mind, judge the statement as you see fit.
The law says you have to wear a seatbelt in the front of a car and a helmet when riding a bike. The fact its the law doesn't mean everyone is going to obey. I've not heard this but you may well be right it just depends if the army decide to enforce it where you are.

I wouldn't want to be stopped late at night by soldiers with guns under military rule when my only defence is 'Ginboy2 on Thaivisa said it was BS'.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by kimamey

The people behind this have always been isolated and this is why they can't win elections. The Thai people are 95% of them, the friendliest happy go lucky people you will encounter and stopping the fun with curfews is not the way to win hearts and minds here.

At least the backlash and protests and condemnations were instant this time. many bought the 2006 one and gave them a chance and even flowers I remember.

The worry now is staff layoffs at hotels and the millions here who live hand to mouth and who just fell below the subsistance rate by the closures at the weekend.

What work will the devil find for these idle hands?

So where on the list is the order that KFC must close at 7pm hey? Not had a Kentucky for ages (you know how it is when you have the urge for a certain something and nothing else will do) I turned last night at 8pm Jungceylon licking my lips and - sign on door Closed 7pm

<deleted>?? What bearing do KFC have on Thai politics...

They are filthy imperial, capitalist lackey chickens, sent over by Colonel Sanders to infiltrate the nation and corrupt Thai kids. Didn't you know? rolleyes.gif

I gather from tonight there's new curfew, midnight till four am,, seems totally a token gesture.

oh and for what its worth taylor smith's concert is cancelled and USA fair at ctw has been postponed.

Edited by rijit

no sat tv, no gambling...what next no prostitution?

It is ilegal now.

Gambling and Prostitution have always been illegal here rolleyes.gif

The curfew was never going to be observed for more than a week, people have to work and make a living, easier to relax it than look stupid.

Then again its pointless having a 4hr curfew really, theres still all the transport and wholesale night markets that have to operate in the early hours.

So where on the list is the order that KFC must close at 7pm hey? Not had a Kentucky for ages (you know how it is when you have the urge for a certain something and nothing else will do) I turned last night at 8pm Jungceylon licking my lips and - sign on door Closed 7pm

<deleted>?? What bearing do KFC have on Thai politics...

The KFC banner contains too much red.

If this is the case, the General will be also be closing McDonalds down just in case the red and yellow start fighting.

What about Lotto Numbers ?