US envoy Kenney criticised

Lite Beer

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am wondering if calling me a "sock puppet" is just rude.

Yon is up to more than 243,000 "likes" on his Facebook page.

Every day, he posts more analysis, more observations, more content that not only keeps people coming back to his page, it attracts new readers. It is not uncommon to see more than half a million people discussing his subjects.

Rather than citing even one example of such analysis, to disagree with it and to rebut it, the Yon He Man Hater Club throws out ad hominem attack after ad hominem attack. Yon "has no expertise." Yon "lies." Yon "knows nothing." Yon "understands nothing."

What do you think, John? You are a smart guy. School teachers in Bangkok have to have degrees. Are you just lazy? You are too lazy to cite just one example of analysis that Yon posted on his page?

What I really want to know is, whether we can look forward to seeing you again in a few days.

Come on by! Let's have a chat. :)

I hate spam.

Telling the U.S. Ambassador to mind her own business

attachicon.gifTelling the U.S. Ambassador to mind her own business.jpg

This cartoon represents the view of many of those who support the coup and oppose the anti-coup statements of foreign governments.

It makes the suggestion that Kenney is desperately trying to express-educate herself into a position that might give her some elevation over other foreign envoys but absolutely missing the bigger picture because she's learning from the wrong places (in this case a generic pocket dictionary).

Good cartoon.

• Like 1

This cartoon represents the view of many of those who support the coup and oppose the anti-coup statements of foreign governments.

It makes the suggestion that Kenney is desperately trying to express-educate herself into a position that might give her some elevation over other foreign envoys but absolutely missing the bigger picture because she's learning from the wrong places (in this case a generic pocket dictionary).

Good cartoon.

I don't know for sure, but I believe Amb. Kenney is more than just a career diplomat biding her time at this post. I believe she has connected with the Thai people (in spite of her responsibility ot carry out US policy) and genuinely likes Thais and Thailand. I translate these cartoons to give English speakers a view of what some Thais are seeing. Glad you liked it. I like your posts, also.

Yesterday (4 June) Mr Obama said in WARSAW that all "Super Power not dictated or impose their wish to other Country, Time of empire end..."

I think he forgot to include himself in this topic because is interfere in Thailand domestic affairs..... whistling.gif

A character he certainly is. Nobody who lives as long as we have is going to have a past path free of critics. Certainly some criticism is deserved. I lose patience when I see misinformed memes repeated about Yon, as I do know him quite well.

He makes no bones about his personal politics, and he is as entitled to his preferences as any of us. I will say that his personal views derive from a much deeper analysis than many realize. He is also quick to publish a correction or a retraction.

As for his personal finances, he is under no obligation to share that information with anyone. It is between him and the IRS. As for the sniping about Yon's "work permit," or his visa, the Royal Thai Government is acutely aware of his presence and his activities in the kingdom.

I thought it fascinating, in fact, that Yon remained unmolested by the former Puea Thai government, as his coverage of the Whistleblower protests continued. The Reds, who know him well in Chiang Mai, likewise left him be. When Yon visited the Red protest site, he was not abused in any way.

For all those critics of the coup who claim that the media is not free in Thailand, I will agree to the extent that lèse majesté is illegal. Aside from that, it is possible to publish just about anything here. I will add that I think that CNN and BBC both merit their sustained time-out on TrueVisions. I hope that it costs them both a ton of money. If they are smart, they will tighten up their editorial processes and pursue a more balanced and sober reporting from the kingdom.

As an American, I believe in a free press. But this is Thailand. The generals are now in charge. They are loyal to their people and to their King. Bottom line.

I would finally add that the press in America is not free. We believe that it is, but if the recent character assassination directed at Glenn Greenwald and Edward Snowden is any indicator, the mass media in America is outright owned by corporate America, the same malign actors that Ike warned about in his infamous address on the military-industrial complex.

There are efforts afoot, moreover, to bring the wild parts of the internet under control. We are living in historic times, in the infancy, still, of the internet, which only was born for practical purposes around 1995. Next year, the internet as most of us know it will be twenty years old.

I pray that it may never be regulated. The eruption of the net in the past twenty years has been the most momentous development in the history of the human race. Nothing matters more.

I hate spam.

Nonsense.There is no deep analysis from Yon.He is an opportunistic semi educated goon with no credibility at all with other than the gullible.Your remarks about the generals in charge are ridiculous and could have been borrowed from the Yonster.

What's sad is to see Americans who profess patriotism but despise the ideals of Jefferson and Founding Fathers..

And on his snake oil fund raising activities you are simply wrong.He is guilty of defrauding the public.

Save this mindless junk for the the bars where there are many veterans who ruminate endlessly on these US military trivia matters.There used to be places on Washington Square where ex US army drunks, some of them quite amiable wittered on endlessly in this manner.None of them as far as I know had been commissioned officers.

Yon is a fraud and a huckster, and knows nothing about Thailand beyond what he is fed..If you see him as informed or interesting, that's your privilege.

Ok.

I got spanked by a moderator, apparently because I was too direct, or my language stung. I took a timeout to ruminate on my sins. Now I am back.

1. I was a commissioned officer. So what? What does that have to do with anything?

2. You say that "Yon is a fraud and a huckster." Do you understand the definition of the term, "defamation?" Moreover, do you understand the legal definition of this term in Thai jurisprudence? This simple, declarative accusation that you lob like a hand grenade is devoid of factual content. It may end up being the most expensive statement that you ever make.

3. You say, "Yon...knows nothing about Thailand beyond what he is fed."

Another ad hominem attack, empty of factual content or evidence of any kind.

I asked, repeatedly, for factual support for the ad hominem attacks that you waged on Mike Yon. You responded with more ad hominem attacks, more dismissive verbiage, and you failed to answer any of my questions, or to substantiate any of your poisonous remarks.

So, I would like to give you one more shot.

What else you got?

I hate spam.

As to your Point Number 1 immediately above, you state you were a commissioned officer in the armed forces of the United States, yet you appear to support the coup.

And it is bizarre to hear an American say he supports freedom of the press but simultaneously say, hey, "this is Thailand and the generals are in charge," and that such an American should be glad to see CNN and BBC et al "shut out" and that he hopes each "loses a lot of money".

I also see in your post above you have the standard line of the fascists in Thailand that the press in the USA are not free.

Michael Yon is a veteran of enlisted service in the U.S. armed forces yet he also supports the military mutiny coup d'état, and you speak well of Yon. As if that weren't enough, I don't see how someone with these views has any claim to quote Pres Eisenhower as if he and you had anything in common that would be consistent with the constitution you swore / affirmed to preserve, protect, defend with you life if need be.

I speak as one who also was a commissioned officer who appreciates when someone voluntarily and by military service puts his arse on the line for the United States, and I say for the record that IMO these views as held by such an American as yourself are shameful yet shameless.

You are of course entitled to your views. As a former commissioned officer of the armed services of the United States, however, I have the opinion that such views as same dishonor the armed services of the United States, and are a disgrace to its constitution literally and in its spirit. I have rarely seen such attaint from a former commissioned officer veteran of U.S military service, or such contempt of the values he swore to uphold and to defend.

I have to say that I continue to be ever aghast by the nature and character of so many of the people this county attracts from among the native English speaking countries.

Mortified.

• Like 1

On first glance I'd thought it said 'slag' as in the OP and in a number of the usual suspect posters.

Let me be among the first to tell Michael Yon to recall himself.

As of June 6th, the 70th anniversary of the WW II D-Day invasion of Nazi occupied Europe, Yon's petition had 9,541 signatures. Given that it needs at least 100,000 signatures by June 24th for Pres Obama to receive it and to say absolutely not, that leaves Yon with the magic number of 91,459. facepalm.gif

• Like 1

A character he certainly is. Nobody who lives as long as we have is going to have a past path free of critics. Certainly some criticism is deserved. I lose patience when I see misinformed memes repeated about Yon, as I do know him quite well.

He makes no bones about his personal politics, and he is as entitled to his preferences as any of us. I will say that his personal views derive from a much deeper analysis than many realize. He is also quick to publish a correction or a retraction.

As for his personal finances, he is under no obligation to share that information with anyone. It is between him and the IRS. As for the sniping about Yon's "work permit," or his visa, the Royal Thai Government is acutely aware of his presence and his activities in the kingdom.

I thought it fascinating, in fact, that Yon remained unmolested by the former Puea Thai government, as his coverage of the Whistleblower protests continued. The Reds, who know him well in Chiang Mai, likewise left him be. When Yon visited the Red protest site, he was not abused in any way.

For all those critics of the coup who claim that the media is not free in Thailand, I will agree to the extent that lèse majesté is illegal. Aside from that, it is possible to publish just about anything here. I will add that I think that CNN and BBC both merit their sustained time-out on TrueVisions. I hope that it costs them both a ton of money. If they are smart, they will tighten up their editorial processes and pursue a more balanced and sober reporting from the kingdom.

As an American, I believe in a free press. But this is Thailand. The generals are now in charge. They are loyal to their people and to their King. Bottom line.

I would finally add that the press in America is not free. We believe that it is, but if the recent character assassination directed at Glenn Greenwald and Edward Snowden is any indicator, the mass media in America is outright owned by corporate America, the same malign actors that Ike warned about in his infamous address on the military-industrial complex.

There are efforts afoot, moreover, to bring the wild parts of the internet under control. We are living in historic times, in the infancy, still, of the internet, which only was born for practical purposes around 1995. Next year, the internet as most of us know it will be twenty years old.

I pray that it may never be regulated. The eruption of the net in the past twenty years has been the most momentous development in the history of the human race. Nothing matters more.

I hate spam.

Nonsense.There is no deep analysis from Yon.He is an opportunistic semi educated goon with no credibility at all with other than the gullible.Your remarks about the generals in charge are ridiculous and could have been borrowed from the Yonster.

What's sad is to see Americans who profess patriotism but despise the ideals of Jefferson and Founding Fathers..

And on his snake oil fund raising activities you are simply wrong.He is guilty of defrauding the public.

Save this mindless junk for the the bars where there are many veterans who ruminate endlessly on these US military trivia matters.There used to be places on Washington Square where ex US army drunks, some of them quite amiable wittered on endlessly in this manner.None of them as far as I know had been commissioned officers.

Yon is a fraud and a huckster, and knows nothing about Thailand beyond what he is fed..If you see him as informed or interesting, that's your privilege.

Ok.

I got spanked by a moderator, apparently because I was too direct, or my language stung. I took a timeout to ruminate on my sins. Now I am back.

1. I was a commissioned officer. So what? What does that have to do with anything?

2. You say that "Yon is a fraud and a huckster." Do you understand the definition of the term, "defamation?" Moreover, do you understand the legal definition of this term in Thai jurisprudence? This simple, declarative accusation that you lob like a hand grenade is devoid of factual content. It may end up being the most expensive statement that you ever make.

I asked, repeatedly, for factual support for the ad hominem attacks that you waged on Mike Yon. You responded with more ad hominem attacks, more dismissive verbiage, and you failed to answer any of my questions, or to substantiate any of your poisonous remarks.

What else you got?

I hate spam.

As to your Point Number 1 immediately above, you state you were a commissioned officer in the armed forces of the United States, yet you appear to support the coup.

And it is bizarre to hear an American say he supports freedom of the press but simultaneously say, hey, "this is Thailand and the generals are in charge," and that such an American should be glad to see CNN and BBC et al "shut out" and that he hopes each "loses a lot of money".

I also see in your post above you have the standard line of the fascists in Thailand that the press in the USA are not free.

Michael Yon is a veteran of enlisted service in the U.S. armed forces yet he also supports the military mutiny coup d'état, and you speak well of Yon. As if that weren't enough, I don't see how someone with these views has any claim to quote Pres Eisenhower as if he and you had anything in common that would be consistent with the constitution you swore / affirmed to preserve, protect, defend with you life if need be.

I speak as one who also was a commissioned officer who appreciates when someone voluntarily and by military service puts his arse on the line for the United States, and I say for the record that IMO these views as held by such an American as yourself are shameful yet shameless.

You are of course entitled to your views. As a former commissioned officer of the armed services of the United States, however, I have the opinion that such views as same dishonor the armed services of the United States, and are a disgrace to its constitution literally and in its spirit. I have rarely seen such attaint from a former commissioned officer veteran of U.S military service, or such contempt of the values he swore to uphold and to defend.

I have to say that I continue to be ever aghast by the nature and character of so many of the people this county attracts from among the native English speaking countries.

Mortified.

Thank you for the courtesy of your reply.

I will sleep on it and respond tomorrow, after morning coffee.

I hate spam.

On first glance I'd thought it said 'slag' as in the OP and in a number of the usual suspect posters.

As of June 6th, the 70th anniversary of the WW II D-Day invasion of Nazi occupied Europe, Yon's petition had 9,541 signatures. Given that it needs at least 100,000 signatures by June 24th for Pres Obama to receive it and to say absolutely not, that leaves Yon with the magic number of 91,459. facepalm.gif

Michael Yon was not on my radar nor was I aware of any petition. I did a google search of Michail Yon Thailand and got this: http://www.michaelyon-online.com/thai-turmoil-some-observations-and-thoughts.htm

If you will be so kind as to include a link to the petition, I can know what, specifically, you are referring to and its significance to D-Day June 6, 1944 and/or Amb. Kenney. Thank you in advance of your reply.

Michael Yon was not on my radar nor was I aware of any petition. I did a google search of Michail Yon Thailand and got this: http://www.michaelyon-online.com/thai-turmoil-some-observations-and-thoughts.htm

If you will be so kind as to include a link to the petition, I can know what, specifically, you are referring to and its significance to D-Day June 6, 1944 and/or Amb. Kenney. Thank you in advance of your reply.

I'd posted the link below to this thread, so I went back and got it for you. I mean, how could I say no?

Your most polite request and soft manner impress me greatly, so you can be sure I'll make it a point to remember you and your post. xermm.gif.pagespeed.ic.7f2Kr9k8HC.png

As to your specific requests I refer you to the OP, to some of my previous posts to this thread and their links below.

Anyone anywhere in the world can sign Yon's petition because it pertains to a U.S. ambassador to a foreign government.

So Yon has to get the remaining needed signatures from potentially a couple of billion people globally. jerk.gif.pagespeed.ce.TMGfqs4Lzz.gif

We recall the massive last minute vote that propelled Suthep past Malia Yousafzai to be the Asia Society's Asia Person of the Year, 2013. That surge of votes amounted to around 10,000 during the last 48 hours of voting.

Fortunately, however, loading up this petition by means of any similar underhanded campaign would require a much greater effort involving ten times the number of mean spirited scammers that cheated Malia out of her due respect.

* WhiteHouse.Gov page.

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/

http://www.blackfive...as-surplus.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mary-buffett/my-heart-breaks-for-thail_b_5440670.html

Edited by Publicus

I'd posted the link below to this thread, so I went back and got it for you. I mean, how could I say no?

Your most polite request and soft manner impress me greatly, so you can be sure I'll make it a point to remember you and your post. xermm.gif.pagespeed.ic.7f2Kr9k8HC.png

As to your specific requests I refer you to the OP, to some of my previous posts to this thread and their links below.

Anyone anywhere in the world can sign Yon's petition because it pertains to a U.S. ambassador to a foreign government.

So Yon has to get the remaining needed signatures from potentially a couple of billion people globally. jerk.gif.pagespeed.ce.TMGfqs4Lzz.gif

We recall the massive last minute vote that propelled Suthep past Malia Yousafzai to be the Asia Society's Asia Person of the Year, 2013. That surge of votes amounted to around 10,000 during the last 48 hours of voting.

Fortunately, however, loading up this petition by means of any similar underhanded campaign would require a much greater effort involving ten times the number of mean spirited scammers that cheated Malia out of her due respect.

* WhiteHouse.Gov page.

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/

http://www.blackfive...as-surplus.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mary-buffett/my-heart-breaks-for-thail_b_5440670.html

I rarely sign petitions of any kind but would never sign anything supporting Mr. Suthep. He is one of the most divisive and disagreeable people in Thai politics. I do not agree with his ideas of governance, either. He is extremely undemocratic in his speech and actions. I wish he would retire to a nice quiet rubber farm in Surat Thani and disappear from the public eye. I don't know anything about Mr. Yon but I get the idea that he is more self-serving that serving any master. I have no plans to 'follow' his writings. I barely have time for the four English language news websites and TVF, as I put out a daily, newsletter in the US to subscribers (US related stories only). I still have to find time to earn an income, also. I'm not very interested in the debate on Mr. Yon but I do like Amb. Kenney from what I read about her in the Thai English language press. I'll sit this debate out, thank you.smile.png

• Like 2

I hate spam.

Ok.

What else you got?

I hate spam.

Mortified.

Well written

Sent from my SM-N900T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Block 2:

That did not take long. "Fascist?" Whatever. Enjoy your labeling, your categorizing, your insults. You amuse me.

The press in America is not free. We enjoy the illusion of freedom. Some recent examples will suffice to illustrate. Today, or yesterday, the incoming Managing Editor of the New York Times admitted that it was a bitter pill to swallow, seeing the Guardian and the Washington Post share the Pulitzer this year. The NYT, in fact, suppressed articles about the mass surveillance of Americans by the US government on several occasions, usually at the behest of that same government.

Why did the NYT do this? Because they cherish their position as the "newspaper of record," with their myriad of relationships with government officials, preserving their access to "off the record" briefings, their "anonymous sources" in the White House, the Pentagon and the CIA, the pinnacles of power. Snowden saw how the NYT treated earlier whistleblowers, Binney, Wiebe and Drake, and he deliberately boycotted it as a consequence. Snowden would not permit the NYT to dictate the pace of revelations, and when the Washington Post attempted to do so, Greenwald forced their hand by compelling the Guardian to publish.

Because Greenwald was willing to exercise the ultimate option: he was willing to publish the Snowden documents on his own, on a dedicated website, without editorial comment or bias. This is the miracle of the internet. We are all of us, everyone reading this thread, going off the reservation, talking to one another directly, without the influence or the bias of a nanny editor. Yes, there are moderators. The next time that a moderator on this site arbitrarily purges my words will be the last time that I employ this site for any purpose.

Even here, you see, there is control. I accept the control for convenience. I could just as easily write these words on a separate website, and merely post a link to it. The next time that I am muzzled, I will.

So would you assert that you enjoy "freedom of the press" on this site? Please. Within limits, we are free. Step over the line, which they decide, and you are muzzled. A similar paradigm reigns in the US. There is no question that the legacy press in America is desperately thrashing around, attempting to crack the code on the Internet. It is quite simple, but they cannot accept it. Information wants to be free. Simple as that.

The NYT believes that it has successfully monetized its site. I refuse to pay for information from any source. All that the NYT succeeded in doing with their "paywall" is they pushed a legion of readers out onto the net, where we can access news from an endless variety of sources. I am glad that the NYT went to a paywall model. I cast a far larger net now. With the convenience of alerts, I am able to quickly scan aggregations of topical news stories.

Anyway. No. We do not enjoy a free press in America. Wake up if you dare.

End block 2.

I hate spam.

• Like 2

Block 3.

LOL!

In fact, defending the Constitution is increasingly a revolutionary act. Our government is assaulting the First Amendment, waging outright war on the 2d Amendment, and violating the Fourth Amendment in a wholesale, ongoing fashion, collecting billions of digital events, each one a felony.

Maybe you should go back and read our Constitution. Has it been awhile? Go back. Reacquaint yourself with it. Reading the American constitution and the Bill of Rights is a revolutionary act. Maybe you will begin to wake up. The last thing that our government wants, you see, is for you to read the Constitution. So do it.

End block 3.

I hate spam.

• Like 1

Block 4.

I do not care.

Mortified.

I have not yet begun to mortify you. I am glad that my views offend you. Perhaps you will look yourself in the mirror and ask why you feel such dissonance? Maybe you will start to wake up.

It does not matter. Others are reading these words. They are asking questions. Doubts have been sown.

Snap out of your hypnosis!

End block 4. Last chunk of text.

I hate spam.

• Like 2

I was.

I strongly support this coup.

I make no apologies.

This is Thailand. The generals are in charge. Their priority is the welfare of the citizens of the kingdom, and the nation itself. They act in accordance with their orders from higher authority. They do not care about your disapproval, nor should they. Your petty disapproval is irrelevant, and I am relieved that this is so.

As for CNN and BBC, my regret is that the generals lifted their blockade. I think that they should both remain blocked. Why? Jonathan Head, for starters. Andrew MacGregor Marshall publishes on CNN. Both channels routinely omit any analysis which incorporates detail about what the Whistleblowers call the "Thaksin regime," and which I think that academic commentators would prefer to term the "Shinawatra patronage network."

For example, newscasters routinely mention that Thaksin was deposed in a coup. They do not say, "Thaksin was deposed following credible intelligence that he intended to perpetrate terrorism against his own populace." That niggling fact seems to escape mention. The generals in 2006 had good reason to intervene.

My lone regret about that coup was that Thaksin was not apprehended and returned to the kingdom to face Thai justice. Thaksin should receive the same justice that was meted out to Saddam Hussein. Failing that, the fate of Qadafy will do. But I leave that to the Thai.

I do not think that there is any question that any political solution which does not resolve the definitive status of Thaksin will be doomed. He will not stop. He has been told, repeatedly, to stand down. He refuses. The last time that I checked, Thailand remains a kingdom. I hope that the courtiers impose a definitive solution this time around. My sincere wish is for a Thailand that is prosperous and peaceful, free of corruption. From all corruption.

Further, no one seems to think it "bizarre," to borrow your term, that Thaksin was running this country by remote control via his sister as a proxy. Yes, Yingluck was elected and selected as PM. The Reds knew that a vote for Yingluck was a vote for Thaksin. That was, in short, the will of those people of that political persuasion.

But it was not the will of the people, all the people. In fact, the tyranny of the majority backfired badly on the Reds, as they now perceive.

In any case, yes: both CNN and BBC should still be blocked. In fact, I hope that they step wrong in their arrogance and their entitled sense of impunity and get blocked again, the next time for good. Thailand, and indeed, the world, would only benefit if they both went dark forever. Both channels routinely prosecute agendas. They do not publish news. They are advocates. I will so advise General Prayuth the next time that I see him. He solicits advice from all corners. Did you not see his address to the nation last night?

How do CNN and BBC exceed the parameters of news reporting? The selection of facts, deciding which facts that you incorporate in a newscast, is a political act. Including facts that buttress your worldview, and omitting facts which challenge it, is likewise the pursuit of an agenda. Neutrality? Neither news channel even attempts to be merely neutral and informative. Rather, they routinely promote agendas. They believe that they are entitled to do so. Entitled by whom?

Their viewers? Both channels exude contempt for the hypnotized masses mindlessly absorbing content. They program. They are certain that they know how you should believe. They proceed accordingly.

Whose agendas? Who do you think owns those news channels? Here is another question: considering recent Op-Eds, in at least one case from a moron who has no connection to the kingdom of any kind, Barney Frank, who do you think successfully manipulates editorial policy at the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal? Uh....Robert Amsterdam and partners, perhaps? Thaksin pays a pretty penny for his public relations firms. But they deliver.

No matter. John Kerry and Kristy Kenney can posture and condemn all that they like. The generals are not concerned. Nor should they be. In fact, the generals just hosted a visit from some sincere businessmen from China, in their own "Asian pivot." Good job, John Kerry, you jackwagon. As an American, I hope that the clueless crew of Obama zealots cannot further damage US foreign policy, but 2016 is a long way away, and there is much mischief to sow. Thailand is better off with mutually beneficial relationships with all countries in a multipolar world. The age of American hegemony is fading. Mostly because we elected idiots to destroy ourselves.

Breaking this up into sections. The board software claims that I include too many quoted sections of text.

This is block 1.

I hate spam.

The generals priority is the welfare of the Thai people.

It was all going swimmingly until your very first point. The Thai army's interest in entering politics has little or nothing to do with the welfare of the people.

• Like 2

What the US and her rep's do is their business, as for me I think the Australian gov should STOP 100% of support and impose trade sanctions for a number of reasons, including undemocratic behavior and human trafficking censorship, the list go's on The problem is that The Dem's and other groups simply will not play by the democratic rules, or respect the umpires decision (the voters) and if you won't follow the rules and respect the umpires call then don't play the game...

I guess you better go home if you hate it here so much!

The people of Thailand or the people of Bangkok?

Terrorist attacks have stopped? Terrorism has ceased? Don't take any interest in the ongoing situation in the South then?

You have an extremely blinkered view on Terrorism, what you have is a view that it's only Terrorism when it suits your political agenda ;)

I disagree that it's wrong to discuss the South, very wrong, as it was made clear that the coup was done to stop the violence increasing, well considering that the Army has been on the streets almost sine day one, they had ample opportunity to have their coup, I have always believed the coup was inevitable, I said as much months ago, do I disagree with it? Not totally, but I disagree with the reasons, by stating it was to ensure the safety of the people, which to me means the entire population, or does it have a different meaning to yourself?

Was the Yingluck Government behind the attacks on the PDRC ? Or was it a hardcore lunatic faction within one of their Political parties? If you have proof that t was the Yingluck Government that was behind these attacks, can you post it for us all to read, as I personally would be interested in reading these ?

If anything I believe Yingluck condemned the acts of violence and urged for restrain ?

The Army have been doing great things, and they have to be applauded for that , but I happen to believe that one of the reasons for the coup cannot be mentioned and I doubt I'm alone in that, and there's more to the power play than "protecting the people" when as I said, the majority of the country was just fine, and wasn't in need of protecting ;)

The topic under discussion in this thread is not the Southern violence.

Stop erecting straw men. Stick to the subject.

Again, for what? The fifth time? I challenge you to respond to my posts with facts. Not ad hominem attacks.

I hate spam.

• Like 2

The topic is The Criticism of the US Ambassador, you would do well to heed your own words then ;)

Is the topic about the violence perpetrated by the extremist faction of the red shirt UDD party? NO..there's enough threads about that

Is the topic about the alleged Government involvement in said attacks? NO.. although you made the claim, but failed to back it up with proof

Is the topic about the justifications for the coup? NO... there are many topics about the Coup here as well.

Practice what you preach then ;) however I am as equally guilty of taking this off topic ;)

You're entitled to believe that there's justification for Ambassador Kenney's behaviour, that's your right as a US Citizen, but taking selfies and tweeeting "Good morning" are hardly hanging offences,which Michael Yon keeps harping on about, and if these tweets offend so many people, here's a novel idea...unscribe from them!!! ;The anti American sentiment that's running on MY's pages are quite disgusting, even though I'm not an American, I don't disagree that a lot of your Foreign Policies are insane, but nothing I can do or say can change these.

If you think you can do better than what she herself can do, and that you're disgusted with what's going on within your Government, stand for office and make a difference, otherwise you're wasting your time being critical as you should know that things will never change.