US cancels military exercise, visits after Thai coup

Lite Beer

restore to the people of Thailand both the principles and the process of democratic rule.

Have these muppets been on the moon for the past 13 years or what?

Yingluck was elected, the coup leaders were not. Were you unaware of this?

I wouldn't spread that around.....it shows the intelligence of those who voted for her. what a fine example to represent a country. The thai army doesn't need to be elected....do you know of any Army that is ?? were you unaware of this ??

HEY Bruce, Must have missed something at the last election, but didn't see Prayuths name at the polls so couldn't elect him.

Better change my glasses. but will tell Tesco to not give me red tints like yours.

• Like 1

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Somchai declared "US did not cancel anything. WE CANCELLED. We don't have time for exercise. We are busy with the REAL THING. We have a population to fight. Sorry."

Pure <deleted> Hogwash - source please coffee1.gif

restore to the people of Thailand both the principles and the process of democratic rule.

you still think she's in power? lol

As an American citizen, I am so ashamed of my government. Please understand, this does not reflect the American peoples wishes. We continue to provide aid to countries who hate us, but go after our friends. Shame, shame, shame.

And half the countries who hate USA does so because the corrupt US politics did some very bad things there, mostly without the general population in US even knowing about it.

Coming from an European country which was always neutral and everywhere highly regarded until it joined the EU, and forgot its neutrality.....Now I have to explain 10 times a day that I am not the EU and most of the people in the EU don't agree with what their leaders say....

So I feel with you...other country same shame.

• Like 2

I wouldn't spread that around.....it shows the intelligence of those who voted for her. what a fine example to represent a country. The thai army doesn't need to be elected....do you know of any Army that is ?? were you unaware of this ??

I trust the Thai people to make their own decisions when they vote. That's part of democracy. I am not so arrogant as to presume to know what's best for them. Why are you?

I know the Thai army is unelected, and that this unelected army staged a coup. People who prefer democracy don't like that sort of thing. That's what this thread is about, objections to the coup.

• Like 2

she was elected by a corrupt government don't forget that.

"She" was not elected by a corupt Government, "She" was elected by the voters in Thailand. THEY want to apoint leaders chose who will rule what laws to make up who enforces that law and do away with any that don't agree--thats called a police state or Dictatorship

She was not elected ---she was placed there by her brother, how many voters of Thailand elected HER. ??

If you have evidence the 2011 election was a fraud you can be the first to come forward with it. Do you have evidence?

• Like 1

HEY Bruce, Must have missed something at the last election, but didn't see Prayuths name at the polls so couldn't elect him.

Better change my glasses. but will tell Tesco to not give me red tints like yours.

These comments are getting really ridiculous. I prefer a legitimately elected democratic leader (and no one has presented evidence the 2011 election was illegitimate) to a military dictatorship. I'm amazed at how many people disagree.

• Like 2

Hard to believe that this is the same government that propped up the most corrupt government in South East Asia, meanwhile destabilising Cambodia and Laos. Using Thailand as a springboard and also many Thai troops in theatre. Short memory indeed Uncle Sam.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 2.5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

As an American citizen, I am so ashamed of my government. Please understand, this does not reflect the American peoples wishes. We continue to provide aid to countries who hate us, but go after our friends. Shame, shame, shame.

Exactly! As an American who left at the age of 28, lived in Asia for 25 yrs, I haven't looked back!

Who cares what Murika thinks. To hell with them.

• Like 1

There are thousands of negative comments directed at both Kerry and Obama pooping up on many of the news links all across the US. It's starting to indicate most Americans are against any sanctions against Thailand. Most are not happy with the current administration's foreign screwed up policies. Which has never been very good in the first place.

"It's starting to indicate most Americans are against any sanctions against Thailand."

Estimated population of USA 2013 = 316,128,839...........................................(http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/00000.html)

Edited by fab4

She was actually elected by the vast majority of people in Thailand…..and if she was part of a supposedly corrupt government, why could the opposition or the courts not oust them all after months and months of unrest……did you ever stop to think that they could not because a lot of what was being said wasn't true?…why did it take the army have to be the ones to corral them in a meeting and force them out?

There is the high possibility that the opposition made a lot of noise about them being corrupt and rounded up a few thousand protesters to try and retake the government because they can never win in an election.

Now the army are in power and plan to implement reforms……the truth may never be known as to whether PTP were really corrupt or not.

My hope is that whatever the outcome here, it that Thailand and the people in it, can all get along rebuild what economy they have left.

• Like 1

No, she was elected in 2011 by the Thai people, and handed Abhisit a humiliating defeat in the process. She probably would have been re-elected in February, but Suthep's lawless thugs prevented that. Yingluck's democratic credentials greatly outweigh those of a coup.

Don't understand Thai politics, do you. She was elected by the Senate. Not by the people.

So, no more R&R for american army ppl. in Thailand. Great!!!!

I wonder why you say that.

I found those I've met to act like gentlemen.

Interesting you say that. I had a friend here with a recent haircut, nearly get shanghai'ed to a navy ship and he has never been in any military. Took him a while to sort that out. But you are correct. I have seen SP's sitting in the bargirl's lap being friendly and all but they have a job to do and they do it. The sailors have been the same.

The part I don't like is the prices go up.

There are the occasional <deleted> but mostly thry just have fun.

There are thousands of negative comments directed at both Kerry and Obama pooping up on many of the news links all across the US. It's starting to indicate most Americans are against any sanctions against Thailand. Most are not happy with the current administration's foreign screwed up policies. Which has never been very good in the first place.

Let's have some of those links plse thx.

In fact let's have 'em all.

You know "there are thousands of negative comments directed at both Kerry and Obama" across the U.S.

This sudden eruption and this sudden great interest across the United States to support a military mutiny coup d'état in Thailand.

Let's have it and let's have 'em all, thx..

• Like 2

Would i t do any long term harm to make the break permanant? certainly politicaly, it would make a very strong positive statement. but I suppose gently gently, is the appr'iate way

Let's have some of those links plse thx.

In fact let's have 'em all.

You know "there are thousands of negative comments directed at both Kerry and Obama" across the U.S.

This sudden eruption and this sudden great interest across the United States to support a military mutiny coup d'état in Thailand.

Let's have it and let's have 'em all, thx.

Hey, cut the guy some slack. There's usually thousands of negative comments posted about a well placed picture of a puppy licking a kid's ice cream cone.

I wonder if the Obama/Kerry negative stuff may not run into the millions... Not that it's meaningful at all.

Edited by impulse

Looks like we are going to just have to do without the presence of the US military. How will we ever survive?!?!?!

Well, without them, you'd now be part of Vietnam or a greater China if you were lucky or you could have undergone a Khmer Rouge type reform process.

You'd be a load of airbases short, and have no holiday industry as it was them pesky yanks who started it all for you.

You'll survive untill you need new toys to stay in power or until some other regional junta decides to take some of your land or fishing rights or assign Pattani as a free state.

Believe what you want, but the US kept you free!

Looks like we are going to just have to do without the presence of the US military. How will we ever survive?!?!?!

Well, without them, you'd now be part of Vietnam or a greater China if you were lucky or you could have undergone a Khmer Rouge type reform process.

You'd be a load of airbases short, and have no holiday industry as it was them pesky yanks who started it all for you.

You'll survive untill you need new toys to stay in power or until some other regional junta decides to take some of your land or fishing rights or assign Pattani as a free state.

Believe what you want, but the US kept you free!

As an American, I can only say thank you for giving me life. Now could you be a little less condescending? Also my new home country which is Laos also would like to express it's gratitude for all of the gifts they have been given by the US military.

Edited by anotheruser

so didnt the people vote? only the govt?

Exactly! As an American who left at the age of 28, lived in Asia for 25 yrs, I haven't looked back!

Who cares what Murika thinks. To hell with them.

why are you still an American? Why not renounce your citizenship?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Maybe they can restore the principles of democratic rule right there in the US ....Pot calling the kettle black !

Was the election not just a little bit rigged ?Or was it fair and square ?