Winthai warns public against rallying, using social media to incite unrest

Lite Beer

The president takes the same oath, if he violates it, he is subject to removal. Same with all the members of his criminal party. When needed the US military will play their role in removing them.

“It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government.” - Thomas Paine (1737-1809), American Revolutionary, US Founding Father and Author

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If only Mr Thaksin had just stayed being a businessman he would by now be one of the most popular and wealthiest person not only in Thailand but the whole of Asia. He would have made all Thais very proud and brought fame to his homeland. Instead he chose to dwell in politics and brought hatred to himself and his family by a large proportion of Thais as well as non-Thais. This I cannot understand. It cannot be just a huge mistake or was it?

• Like 1

I am 55 of age. Can not recall any military coup bringing happiness to all their citizens. In Thailand it is the 12th coup in 70 yrs? Are there any TVF members who can tell me I should keep faith in the words of a power just chosing to take Power

Happiness to all......

what an empty boring phrase.

It appears that some farangs and of course the foreign media would prefer the red-shirts and yellow-shirts fight a bloody battle with many dead or maybe even a civil war with even more dead Thais. I am glad the military stepped in and stopped such foolishness. Let the foreign media find some other story to make their money and not off dead Thais from a civil war.

Edited by sumtingwong

It appears that some farangs and of course the foreign media would prefer the red-shirts and yellow-shirts fight a bloody battle with many dead or maybe even a civil war with even more dead Thais. I am glad the military stepped in and stopped such foolishness. Let the foreign media find some other story to make their money and not off dead Thais from a civil war.

Number of traffic fatalities in Thailand in 2010: 26312 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_traffic-related_death_rate

Number of dengue fever fatalities in Thailand in 2013 up to October 21: 126 http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/375679/worst-dengue-epidemic-in-20-years

Number of fatalities in the 2013-2014 protests: 28, from a source that might cause this post to be deleted, but the number can be verified elsewhere.

I just wanted to add a little perspective to all this stuff about battles and civil war.

• Like 2

And that justifies allowing a civil war how?

Thailand was no where near a civil war. The problems could have been solved by an election, which could have been conducted by certain powers making it clear the wanted the election to proceed. Now...censorship rules prevent me from commenting.

..................."The problems could have been solved by an election"...................

Oh really ? You have not been paying attention.

And if only you knew how pathetic you guys sound when all you have to defend an evil regime are the words democratically elected, hi-so, fascist, elite and amart.

.................."Now...censorship rules prevent me from commenting"...........................

There is a reason for those censorship rules, comments from red fans like yourself are deemed to be "inciting unrest". (your posts are full of it)

Personally this is one of the best things to come out of the coup, so far. Not having to skim over the top of all the bs red propaganda is a blessing and I hope TV holds on to this policy.

Edited by mikemac
  • Like 1

Thailand was no where near a civil war. The problems could have been solved by an election, which could have been conducted by certain powers making it clear the wanted the election to proceed. Now...censorship rules prevent me from commenting.

Exactly! if the army, as promised, had protected the election, and the police had been allowed to enforce the law, this all would have been sorted. No other democracy in the world would have allowed the hijacking of an election.

• Like 2

..................."The problems could have been solved by an election"...................

And if only you knew how pathetic you guys sound when all you have to defend an evil regime are the words democratically elected, hi-so, fascist, elite and amart.

.................."Now...censorship rules prevent me from commenting"...........................

There is a reason for those censorship rules, comments from red fans like yourself are deemed to be "inciting unrest". (your posts are full of it)

Personally this is one of the best things to come out of the coup, so far. Not having to skim over the top of all the bs red propaganda is a blessing and I hope TV holds on to this policy.

Long live freedom of speech! Long live democracy!

• Like 1

Noted. We'll put you down as in favor of dictatorships and censorship, and opposed to democracy and free speech.

• Like 1

Noted. We'll put you down as in favor of dictatorships and censorship, and opposed to democracy and free speech.

OMG - Democracy was hijacked by corruption and cronyism, Is this the "free speech and democracy" you support?

• Like 2

Oh yes, things were just rosy (red) under the Shin regime. All the "democracy and free speech" in the world was never going to right the PTP wrongs. What do you call Thaksin's control over his puppet government, if not a dictatorship ? I call it illegal.

Do yourself a favor and look up the meaning of the word "democracy". You will find there is a lot more to it than free and fair elections.

Your red agenda is painfully obvious, and you don't fool me. At least the junta is not being illegally controlled by an on-the-run criminal sitting at a computer somewhere in the desert or a tacky hotel. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Exactly! if the army, as promised, had protected the election, and the police had been allowed to enforce the law, this all would have been sorted. No other democracy in the world would have allowed the hijacking of an election.

No other democracy in the world would have let the Shins get away with what they have since they first entered the Thai political scene.

The police stood back and let the reds break the law time and time again, is this your idea of enforcing the law ?

Thanksin and the red-shirts want freedom of speech and democracy like the way the Democratic People's Republic of Korea want it. Maybe you should move there and enjoy your utopia.

You make not effort to associate your posts with reality, do you?

The red-shirts declared war, but you knew that already from the following headlines:

" 'Ko Tee' declares war"

"Thai 'Red Shirts' warn of civil war if government falls"

"Hell is coming, and he rides on a fiery red horse. At least that’s what Chalerm Yubamrung is promising."

There was corruption before the coup so the coup was justified, is that it? And of course the coup will make everything wonderful, just like the coup before this one, and the one before that, and the one before that,...

I'm going to do a cut and paste from another thread. Have fun.

A lot of the same old stuff posted over again. People seem to believe that if they post nonsense often enough it will become true. Rather than address them in bits and pieces I'll summarize what I see as the most popular nonsense and my reply.

1. The 2011 election was in someway undemocratic or fraudulent.

The 2011 election was monitored by ANFREL and the results declared legitimate. It wasn't perfect but it reflected the will of the majority. I've seen no evidence that puts the election results in doubt.

2. Yingluck's government operated illegally.

I assume this refers to her removal from office for re-assigning a minister appointed by her predecessor. I am aware of no other country in which this would be cause for removal from office.

3. The government was corrupt.

That's true, but when has Thailand's government not been corrupt? I don't want to retype the table, so I'll just refer readers to post #313 http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/728548-international-alarm-mounts-over-thai-coup/page-13. People can argue endlessly about which upticks are significant, but they can't deny that things have always been corrupt.

4. The government was incompetent.

Once again I agree, but the government enhanced its democratic credentials by attempting to hold new elections under both Yingluck and her successor. In a democracy the proper way to remove an incompetent government is through elections.

5. The military and reforms will eliminate or greatly reduce corruption.

This is a tricky area to comment on, so I'll just congratulate people who believe this on their optimism. My prediction, as I wrote in an earlier post, is that:

"The reforms, when they come out, will have some window-dressing limits on elected officials intended to look like they will reduce corruption. However meaningful corruption reforms, such as transparency in the operations of the civil service, police and military, will be missing. The major reforms will be those intended to strengthen traditional institutions and protect them from democratically elected governments."

But I'm sure that if and when this happens these same people will insist that the reforms will make things much better.

6. All elements of Thaksin and Shinawatra influence must be removed.

I think this would be a good thing if done properly. I am certain that the incompetence of Yingluck's governance had resulted in a significant fall in the popularity and influence of the Shinawatras, and that an election would have confirmed this. Unfortunately there won't be an election for some time, and by then the memories of incompetence will be overshadowed by memories of how Yingluck was removed from office. Just as the 2006 coup made Thaksin a martyr in the eyes of many, so will the current coup provide another Shinawatra martyr. One of the many problems with coups are the unintended consequences.

I could go into greater detail, but not without violating the new rules of posting.

• Like 2

There was corruption before the coup so the coup was justified, is that it? And of course the coup will make everything wonderful, just like the coup before this one, and the one before that, and the one before that,...

A lot of the same old stuff posted over again. People seem to believe that if they post nonsense often enough it will become true. Rather than address them in bits and pieces I'll summarize what I see as the most popular nonsense and my reply.

The 2011 election was monitored by ANFREL and the results declared legitimate. It wasn't perfect but it reflected the will of the majority. I've seen no evidence that puts the election results in doubt.

I assume this refers to her removal from office for re-assigning a minister appointed by her predecessor. I am aware of no other country in which this would be cause for removal from office.

That's true, but when has Thailand's government not been corrupt? I don't want to retype the table, so I'll just refer readers to post #313 http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/728548-international-alarm-mounts-over-thai-coup/page-13. People can argue endlessly about which upticks are significant, but they can't deny that things have always been corrupt.

Once again I agree, but the government enhanced its democratic credentials by attempting to hold new elections under both Yingluck and her successor. In a democracy the proper way to remove an incompetent government is through elections.

This is a tricky area to comment on, so I'll just congratulate people who believe this on their optimism. My prediction, as I wrote in an earlier post, is that:

"The reforms, when they come out, will have some window-dressing limits on elected officials intended to look like they will reduce corruption. However meaningful corruption reforms, such as transparency in the operations of the civil service, police and military, will be missing. The major reforms will be those intended to strengthen traditional institutions and protect them from democratically elected governments."

But I'm sure that if and when this happens these same people will insist that the reforms will make things much better.

I think this would be a good thing if done properly. I am certain that the incompetence of Yingluck's governance had resulted in a significant fall in the popularity and influence of the Shinawatras, and that an election would have confirmed this. Unfortunately there won't be an election for some time, and by then the memories of incompetence will be overshadowed by memories of how Yingluck was removed from office. Just as the 2006 coup made Thaksin a martyr in the eyes of many, so will the current coup provide another Shinawatra martyr. One of the many problems with coups are the unintended consequences.

I could go into greater detail, but not without violating the new rules of posting.

One of the many problems of DEMOCRACY are the unintended consequencies! Or were they unintended?

One of the many problems of DEMOCRACY are the unintended consequencies! Or were they unintended?

Ok, we also have lvr181 on record as not trusting democracy. Democracy is far from perfect, but so long as there are elections the majority can learn from past mistakes and make corrections. What other system offers that?

• Like 1

Why do the commie red-shirts fly the Cambodian flag at their riots?

Do they want to do to Thailand what they did to Cambodia?

Nope thats just in your head...

Keep coming with the all the market stories please do, sounds to me like your very much an example of the problem in a nutshell

• Like 2

Ok, we also have lvr181 on record as not trusting democracy. Democracy is far from perfect, but so long as there are elections the majority can learn from past mistakes and make corrections. What other system offers that?

While your comment may be nice reading, it does not reflect the realities of the situation as applied to Thailand. Thaksin family ripped money out of the country and now his sister had tried to get him pardoned for that and it appears that corruption and cronyism was still rife, one election later! Therefore, there was no learning or corrections from two past mistakes. It would appear that the NCPO (with the backing of the King) will restart democracy with new rules, accountability, transparency and responsibility before trying "western style" democracy again. So a military coup is now the system that does offer the majority, relief from the past mistakes. Give it a chance. Democracy for Thai peoples was hijacked by greed. Many previous red supporters now acknowledge that, unfortunately many still don't. They are still the majority and may win the next election. But, hopefully, Government will be more accountable and responsible next time around under new rules.

I believe in and trust democracy, as practiced by most civilized western nations. But there are parts of the world where it has not been the success westerners expect of it. Sometimes, much to the disgust of purist democracy supporters, you need to start with a clean sheet of paper.

While your comment may be nice reading, it does not reflect the realities of the situation as applied to Thailand. Thaksin family ripped money out of the country and now his sister had tried to get him pardoned for that and it appears that corruption and cronyism was still rife, one election later! Therefore, there was no learning or corrections from two past mistakes. It would appear that the NCPO (with the backing of the King) will restart democracy with new rules, accountability, transparency and responsibility before trying "western style" democracy again. So a military coup is now the system that does offer the majority, relief from the past mistakes. Give it a chance. Democracy for Thai peoples was hijacked by greed. Many previous red supporters now acknowledge that, unfortunately many still don't. They are still the majority and may win the next election. But, hopefully, Government will be more accountable and responsible next time around under new rules.

I believe in and trust democracy, as practiced by most civilized western nations. But there are parts of the world where it has not been the success westerners expect of it. Sometimes, much to the disgust of purist democracy supporters, you need to start with a clean sheet of paper.

"But there are parts of the world where it has not been the success westerners expect of it"

And in Thailand that is purely because the army has continually undermined it and refused to support elected governments and the rule of law.

• Like 1

Haha the democratic process??? What does Thailand know about such things. Can't be done in a normal way??? What an absurd comment! Just admit it people of Thailand. You don't have the fortitude to fight for a democracy. It took us in America a revolution, a civil war and two world wars to get and maintain our freedoms! What will you do for the same right? Protest in front of Terminal 21 wearing masks! Hahaha! Your version of democracy is just window dressing for a military dictatorship.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Haha the democratic process??? What does Thailand know about such things. Can't be done in a normal way??? What an absurd comment! Just admit it people of Thailand. You don't have the fortitude to fight for a democracy. It took us in America a revolution, a civil war and two world wars to get and maintain our freedoms! What will you do for the same right? Protest in front of Terminal 21 wearing masks! Hahaha! Your version of democracy is just window dressing for a military dictatorship.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

The so-called USA democracy, only allowed landowners to vote and women were not allowed to vote for over 100 years after that.