Quick question about Uk affidavit

Hi all, so I am due to go Bangkok in september to get all the paperwork ready to marry. I have just downloaded the affidavit and upon reading it one statement alarms me and I am not too sure what it means. Its as follows

3) I have for three weeks immediately preceding this date had my usual residence within the district of the British (Consul-General, Consul or Vice-Consul) at

so does this mean that I have to have been in the UK 3 weeks before marrying? because I have not lived in the UK since 2012 although I have got links (bank statements) going to my parents home address. If someone can clarify this for me because I thought I had all my info pretty well prepared and now I see this. I have got a brit friend who has just married but she has just come back from UK so I dont know. I last left Thailand in Jan to visit family in Germany but thats it.

Thanks in advance

Not doubting your word; but I am puzzled as I have never seen this before.

Do you have a link to that document?

All I can find are the two I linked to previously, which I found via this page.

The closest the guide comes is

The Thai authorities require that any foreign national wishing to marry in Thailand must obtain an “affirmation of freedom to marry” document. The affirmation must be made in person at the Consular Section of the British Embassy in Bangkok or the British Consulate in Chiang Mai. It is not possible to obtain the affirmation from the United Kingdom in advance.

Hi no worries this is where I found it http://www.british-consulate.org/marriage-abroad.html and there was two links. Possibly its and old link and therefore doesnt stand anymore. My friend who has just got married said she filled in the same affidavit as you showed me. This leads me to another question which I what do I put in the occupation and salary section because I am a student and my fiance supports me.

regards

That site is not an official site of the UK government; even though at first glance it looks like it!

Look carefully at the web address. UK government sites are always .gov.uk never .org.

I married in Thailand in 2000, and the AFM I completed is the same as that currently on the British embassy's site.

The wording on the AFM is that required by the Thai government.

I suggest that you put 'Student' as your occupation and if you have no income at all, then say something like 'my fiancé supports me.'

I imagine the consular official will be able to advise if so doing would cause problems with the MFA; so ask.

Edited by 7by7