High end water available in big bottles

jmccarty

Anyone know of a supplier of evian or perrier in big bottle dispenser style bottles or any other good quality mineral water?

I see some have asked many times about water in general, I would be willing to pay extra for really good quality water for my dispenser at home and office. I think we have at least 7 dispensers in the office, go though a lot of water and using RO water now, deemed a health hazard if its your main source of daily water due to lack of mineral content.

ZHULIAN (THAILAND) LTD.
88 Moo 9 Bangbuathong - Supanburi Road,
Tambol La-Han,
Ampure Bangbuathong,
Nontaburi 11110, Thailand.
Tel.:

Don't see water on their products list but will drop them an email and ask what they have and if they can deliver.

Thanks if it is better than the swill I get now.

Edited by Rimmer
Tel and email removed as per forum rules

" ..... go though a lot of water and using RO water now, deemed a health hazard if its your main source of daily water due to lack of mineral content."

Somehow I doubt that lack of minerals in water is unhealthy. On the contrary the general medical advice in Europe seems to be to drink lots of water with less minerals, at least it is if you dont want to start a collection of kidney stones.

" ..... go though a lot of water and using RO water now, deemed a health hazard if its your main source of daily water due to lack of mineral content."

Somehow I doubt that lack of minerals in water is unhealthy. On the contrary the general medical advice in Europe seems to be to drink lots of water with less minerals, at least it is if you dont want to start a collection of kidney stones.

Au contraire, the body has to maintain a certain balance of essential minerals in the body. If it does not receive enough of them from the diet (including fluid intake) it will start to leach them out of the body's bones. This causes the bones to become brittle and break easily. One of the best ways to prevent this is to drink mineral/spring water. In addition, it is the minerals in water that give it its taste. Pure demineralized water tastes awful and anything made with it, from coffee to soup, will also have little flavor.

There are several brands of Thai mineral water that are very good tasting, including Aura and Mont Fleur, which I believe are both natural spring waters, and Minere, which is filtered and treated municipal water with the minerals added back in. I have seen Aura trucks around town with pictures with those 5 litre or so office type bottles pictured on them so they must supply them. Maybe buy a small bottle or google them for their local distributor.

• Like 2

Au contraire, the body has to maintain a certain balance of essential minerals in the body. If it does not receive enough of them from the diet (including fluid intake) it will start to leach them out of the body's bones. This causes the bones to become brittle and break easily. One of the best ways to prevent this is to drink mineral/spring water. In addition, it is the minerals in water that give it its taste. Pure demineralized water tastes awful and anything made with it, from coffee to soup, will also have little flavor.

There are several brands of Thai mineral water that are very good tasting, including Aura and Mont Fleur, which I believe are both natural spring waters, and Minere, which is filtered and treated municipal water with the minerals added back in. I have seen Aura trucks around town with pictures with those 5 litre or so office type bottles pictured on them so they must supply them. Maybe buy a small bottle or google them for their local distributor.

In Indonesia, most, if not all bottle water has the mineral content printed on the label. I've only seen it once or twice here.

Pure, filtered, zero minerals water is far from healthy. Look at the kids drinking water in non-fluoridated areas, and see their blackened teeth.

I would think the large bottles for office water dispensers would be the standard 19 litres, equal to ye olde US 5 gallons.

Evian is imported and is 30 baht for a small bottle . I doubt anyone would import the 10 -20 liter bottles as the selling price would be close to 1000baht and I doubt there would be too many buyers

Edited by Pralaad

The mineral content of any bottled water is negligible. A balanced diet will give you all the minerals you need.

Again not true. There are specific warnings given for those who install reverse osmosis water filters on their home taps, which demineralize the water, not to use the water as sole source of drinking water.

I didnt say no minerals, I said less minerals. Water with high mineral content is not considered to be very healthy and can cause kidney stones. Depending on the brand and source it can also be responsible for an excessive sodium intake, which is probably already high if you eat a lot of Thai food.

Also if you have a normal balanced diet there should be plenty of minerals in your food anyway.

Many of them have a balance that is the selling point and you get a known amount per litre.

I sweat a lot because I use a cross trainer up to 80 mins a day and have a routine for recovering from an injury that also makes me sweat a lot. I buy small bottles of various brands and have my preferences. Started the thread to see what is out there in bulk form.

You don't have to follow anyones advice on this thread for or against, just asking for information if it is out there.