Farangs not yet made the grade to expats status.

ScotBkk

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgive my ignorance and holier than thou approach, but why on earth would you think you would be entitled to live in a foreign country without a visa? and use all loopholes possible to avoid a fee for visa?

Can understand those for short few months to 1 year holiday, but there is absolutely no excuse for those living in Thailand full time

Yes it was a cosy loophole that now has been closed, and you want me to feel compassion for you? I pay for my visa yearly and i jump through all the hoops, why should not you?

Pray tell me how you in your superior address assume I am in the 30day visa bracket my kind fellow, Amazing how you reached this conclusion so quickly and basically you've just helped support my public address to my Post. I'm a professional person and don't take kindly to your assumptions which are really just impudent total verbiage rubbish !!!!

I plainly suggest you get your facts right before you spout out your accusations.

If you not in the 30 day visa bracket, then you have nothing to worry or complain about.

By the way, if you going to complain i suggest you get YOUR facts right.

There is NO 30 day visa, There is 30 day visa exempt stamp.

• Like 1

Forgive my ignorance and holier than thou approach, but why on earth would you think you would be entitled to live in a foreign country without a visa? and use all loopholes possible to avoid a fee for visa?

Can understand those for short few months to 1 year holiday, but there is absolutely no excuse for those living in Thailand full time

Yes it was a cosy loophole that now has been closed, and you want me to feel compassion for you? I pay for my visa yearly and i jump through all the hoops, why should not you?

Pray tell me how you in your superior address assume I am in the 30day visa bracket my kind fellow, Amazing how you reached this conclusion so quickly and basically you've just helped support my public address to my Post. I'm a professional person and don't take kindly to your assumptions which are really just impudent total verbiage rubbish !!!!

I plainly suggest you get your facts right before you spout out your accusations.

If you not in the 30 day visa bracket, then you have nothing to worry or complain about.

By the way, if you going to complain i suggest you get YOUR facts right.

There is NO 30 day visa, There is 30 day visa exempt stamp.

Okay, 30 day visa exempt stamp.

Is that Better ?

Much better, at least now you actually know what you have and what you do not have. so when you whine about something you actually know what you whining about

Unfortunately as Scotland gains its independence ( which it might) , the inhabitants will no longer be a member of a G7 country - so 15 days max.

Otherwise really did not have a clue as to what you were on about.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Unfortunately as Scotland gains its independence ( which it might) , the inhabitants will no longer be a member of a G7 country - so 15 days max.

Otherwise really did not have a clue as to what you were on about.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Incidentally, what has Scotland's independence got to do with it?

i think everyone will agree the last thing thailand needs is more scots ...........

• Like 2

I hope you aren't teaching English.

• Like 1

If it makes the OP feel better, I was an a - hole as well prior to becoming an expat.

Speaking like that' you probably still are my friend. I've been in Thailand for over 10 years now - satisfied !!

I don't have time to sit about on my posterior all day writing comments dispersed into the unknown in cyberspace. I'm not an English Teacher either being over qualified to teach in this particular field that requires no intellectual know how (for some) or so it seems - to beget a job in Asia. I do wholly respect this institution nonetheless' suggest that some people have somehow managed to infiltrate the educational system teaching pupils nothing that would help them in the foreseeable future.

Please have a relaxing day off from cyber bullying. Please understand this is one of my main reasons for my original post. Although, did fully expect this onslaught from the usual antagonistic party poopers who seem to know everything in the ways of the world being incapable of harmonious association. If I'm not wrong, I'll surely read later some more appropriate posts by 'considerate bloggers' who will defend my actions in due course throughout the day. I'm not your opposition pent on resistance for anyone who has something decent to say,merrily just asking for fair play for all. Does that make me a bad person?i

If you can't reply with some diplomacy - please do not continue with any conversational exchange that preludes audaciousness.

If it makes the OP feel better, I was an a - hole as well prior to becoming an expat.

Speaking like that' you probably still are my friend. I've been in Thailand for over 10 years now - satisfied !!

I don't have time to sit about on my posterior all day writing comments dispersed into the unknown in cyberspace. I'm not an English Teacher either being over qualified to teach in this particular field that requires no intellectual know how (for some) or so it seems - to beget a job in Asia. I do wholly respect this institution nonetheless' suggest that some people have somehow managed to infiltrate the educational system teaching pupils nothing that would help them in the foreseeable future.

Please have a relaxing day off from cyber bullying. Please understand this is one of my main reasons for my original post. Although, did fully expect this onslaught from the usual antagonistic party poopers who seem to know everything in the ways of the world being incapable of harmonious association. If I'm not wrong, I'll surely read later some more appropriate posts by 'considerate bloggers' who will defend my actions in due course throughout the day. I'm not your opposition pent on resistance for anyone who has something decent to say,merrily just asking for fair play for all. Does that make me a bad person?i

If you can't reply with some diplomacy - please do not continue with any conversational exchange that preludes audaciousness.

now it seems to me that there are far too many people who think they’re immensely superior to others (from your original post).

now it seems to me that there are far too many people who think they’re immensely superior to others (from your original post).

No double standards my friend' just trying to get my message across albeit in a flash in the pan statement or an attempt at trying to catagorise that any idiot can trick the system !!

No double standards my friend' just trying to get my message across albeit in a flash in the pan statement or an attempt at trying to catagorise that any idiot can trick the system !!

Point proven.

• Like 1

My, my. I feel well and truly put in my place. I shall no longer post, "As someone who's been here for 25 years ..." Thank you OP for making me see the light.

The problem is that you now have people who have been here for 30 minutes who think that they know all there is to know about Thailand, Thais and expats.

I have only been living here since 1998, so I have not been here as long as yourself and as such I still have a lot to learn before I am as versed in Thai daily life as yourself.

As I still do not fully understand all aspects of Thai culture, Thais and the expats, I will never come on here trying to self promote myself by telling everyone why my views are correct and everyone elses views are wrong.

The newbies that are posting these (trash) posts just do not understand this.

Please forgive me. It seems to me that I may have not expressed my views to suit everyone. However, its a starting point and has given some tv members a different subject to express their thoughts on what seems to be the norm now - to be hammered online by bloggers from all walks of life. I sincerely agree, that these newbies have a lot to learn about manners. However, he who allows himself to be insulted deserves to be so; and insolence, if unpunished, increases!!