Gathering Information About Homestay All Over Thailand.

erickok

Hello to all homestay hosts in Thailand, especially with a current website. Would like to co-ordinate all the homestays with mutual benefits in mind. Please provide particulars.

Eric,

Don't know what this homestay is exactly, but I received an e-mail from a guy up in the Roi Et area recently about his village homestay ideas. Here's the link so you can see if this is what you are looking for: http://www.thethailife.com

Cent

Hello to all homestay hosts in Thailand, especially with a current website. Would like to co-ordinate all the homestays with mutual benefits in mind. Please provide particulars.

Eric,

Don't know what this homestay is exactly, but I received an e-mail from a guy up in the Roi Et area recently about his village homestay ideas. Here's the link so you can see if this is what you are looking for: http://www.thethailife.com

Cent

Thanks Cent for the reply. Much appreciated.

• 3 months later...

MOUSE where did you see $ - I saw Baht 3800 under the book now page.

But in any case - yes, obviously if the $ sign is down somewhere it's got to be an error.

That particular homestay setup has to be as close as a tourist can get to living like the average real everyday Thai lives his or her life. Its an excellent and very reasonably priced few days "getaway" from the "plastic" rubbish that is so often served up as tourism in Thailand. Sorry folks, but you get tourism and you get tourism - that homestay (in the absence of having experianced that particular one myself) looks as good as it can get.

...... a better intro to real Thailand I think you'd be hard pressed to find - and at a price that is far below what it must be worth as an experiance for tourists.

Tim

ERICKOK - what are the legal issues - really coul donly ever offer it to a family gropu at any one time and there are times when it would be just to busy on the farm to offer it to anyone. Maybe something to thin kabout, but this is my family home (Thai wife and 2 kids) and really wouldnt be interested if I am going to have to jump through all sorts of TAT formality hoops.

Edited by Maizefarmer

• 1 year later...

since than (autumn 2006) I have rebranded my house as a holiday home - with a minimum stay of 1 week and full use of the house rather than only bedrooms. Bacause it's very moderately priced the great majority of guests do prefer to have the whole house for themselves for privacy.

My sister in law still do homestays - but the guests rent the whole upper floor, which is an independent unit with kitchen and bathroom, they still share the front entrance and the washing mashine downstairs.

with that many accommodation options in bangkok short stayers (just for few days) do prefer central locations just for the convenience - with price, charm of a cultural experience or peace as less important