Table tennis (ping pong)

marsipan

Anyone out there that plays table tennis? Im looking for someone to play against (for fun) once or twice a week.

Maybe there is a club here in CM?

Im not so good at it, but I love the game:)

Sent from my GT-I9082L using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

In shopping centre kad suan kaew they have some tables on the third floor.

Also a lot of people have a table at home.

Where do you live?

I used to play in kad suan kaew, but the tables is very old and the nets is in bad condision:/

I live right next to tha phae gate.

Do you play?

Sent from my GT-I9082L using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by marsipan

I played at CMU once or twice but it was quite a long time ago, the tables were in the same hall as the badminton. I think they may also have tables at the municipal stadium but I'm not sure of the quality as I didn't play on them.

• 1 year later...

There is a VERY active table tennis club that meets every day in their own club room (about 10 tables) in the sports complex near the Chiang Puak Bus Station. You can locate the club by driving in the south gate just past the bust station and following the road around the the left about 150 meters. You will see several buses parked on the left side of the road followed by a snack vendor's stand. If you walk between the buses and the stand you will see a large sign over the door of the club room. It costs 25 baht per day to play. Bring your own paddle and balls. I can say that in the afternoon, the players are mostly Japanese people, with a few Korean and Thai folks too. There is at least one American who plays in the afternoons as well. I don't know about evening and weekend players, but some of the afternoon folk are tournament-grade players.

As for purchasing a high quality paddle or the rubber replacements, there is a shop just a few meters from the west gate of the stadium. The people at the club can give you more explicit directions.

Payap University has a couple of tables with open air on one side. Enter from the coffee shop side and take the left; they are there on your left. Bring your own equipment but they tables are free and usually open (and decent condition).

• 2 months later...