Buying Diarrhea Meds After Curfew

JimmyTheMook

Best to always have a a packet or two handy ...and electrolyte, laxative, preferred pain killers, etc. only common sense.

Just another note: is that it is highly unlikely that you will find a pharmacy or even a 7/11 open during curfew.

Edited by Basil B

Best to always have a a packet or two handy ...and electrolyte, laxative, preferred pain killers, etc. only common sense.

Especially here........you never know when the next coup is going to arrive!

• Like 1

There are certain things one MUST have available at all times in Thailand, namely: (and the OP can jump straight to numbers 6 and 7)

1. Condoms (western sizing, unless you want a blood clot),

2. Three hundred Baht in 100B notes to pay off the BIB for whatever,

3. Kamagra (or similar) for those days when you can't help but over indulge,

4. A phone number (or five) of a "back up" girl in the event of a suddenly imposed curfew,

5. The phone number of a fair dinkum mate that will bail you out, no questions asked,

6. Immodium, because you just KNOW that BBQ chicken on the way home looked and smelt a bit dodgy,

7. Penicillin, because it'll kill the campylobactor as well as the clap,

8. and finally..........actually, I'm a bit knackered after drinking enough JD prior to the 10pm curfew to last me a few days that I can't think of another one. Oh wait- always have a spare key to your condo because you're bound to accidentally lose the original on the floor of a short-time room at some stage. I was frantic last week as I thought I'd lost mine......luckily the keys were in the parked bike - piece of crap that nobody bothered to swipe. Fussy buggers!

Edited by Gsxrnz
  • Like 1

This is where the trots may help you.

Many a true word spoken in jest.

I am NOT a doctor, only a simple engineer, so trust me or not.

My trusted medical friends tell me there are 2 schools of thought. Indeed, let it all go and allow your system to vacuate the bacteria, otherwise take the meds which will keep it all plugged up inside you.

Those of us around long enough can tell the difference.

Whatever, do drink lots of water, especially in this climate.

Liquors are fine, apparently beer and wine contain a lot of bacteria but I can't find 12 upstanding people to pass a verdict.

People think it's funny but it's very very runny, diarrhoea, diarrhoea.

It shoots out your bum like a bullet from a gun, diarrhoea, diarrhoea.

It comes out your bum like pedigree chum, diarrhoea, diarrhoea.

I know, I know.

Which brings me to one of my most favoured sayings: "Never trust a fart".

My trusted medical friends tell me there are 2 schools of thought. Indeed, let it all go and allow your system to vacuate the bacteria, otherwise take the meds which will keep it all plugged up inside you.

Those of us around long enough can tell the difference.

Don't need to have been around too long to spot the chap who follows the first 'school of thought'... but don't follow him too closely.