Ducati Scrambler 2015

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry about the plate, I rode around Bkk for 2 months with out and police checked me many times.. Just carry sales documents in case but I never had to show them. Just told them its a new bike and plates not arrive yet. Normal for motorbikes.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

^

Sounds like a happy ending. Hope it stays this way. And also hoping we see some nice pics soon with Scrambler in action. Have fun.

What about your other costs, for truck, shirt, etc.?

Haven't gotten the truck cost back yet, that's the next step.

Don't worry about the plate, I rode around Bkk for 2 months with out and police checked me many times.. Just carry sales documents in case but I never had to show them. Just told them its a new bike and plates not arrive yet. Normal for motorbikes.

You are the second guy telling me that and I'm happy to hear that. Thanks

Hello all, I've just paid my deposit for the urban enduro at the pattaya dealer and it should be coming around 3 weeks time.

Whilst I was walking round the icons they have at the showroom I noticed that the scrambler comes with the EVAP canister for emissions control.

To all the people who own the scrambler or any other bike with this device, have you decided to remove this set up and plug the threads or hoseS to bypass it.

From all the research I've done about the EVAP it's a pretty common modification that's recommended due to a few performances factors.

Any comments on whether the dealer recommends customers to remove it altogether as emissions in Thailand are not something we really need to worry about.

Apparently it should only be on there for the American market. European spec bikes don't require them.

I'm thinking of removing mine if it has it based on it only being there to recycle the fumes from the gas tank.

• 1 month later...

I've had my eye on this bike for a while, but I'm being scared away, I just can't trust anything assembled in this country, nor many other 'developing' countries too, I'm not picking on Thailand!

I'd love to be able to go to the assembly plant and choose which assembly line I got my bike from, you can always tell the pro's apart from the nose-pickers...

Ducati Scrambler Classic B419,000

Honda CB650F B285,000

Different bikes I know, the Scrambler looks more suited to the pot-holed & dangerously constructed roads here but how much more reliable is the CB going to be compared to the Scrambler?? And for B134,000 less, I'm getting cold feet with the Scrambler, I'm feeling a bit heart-broken about that too, I've had plans for the Scrambler since I first saw the first promo video but I don't want to risk all the crap I've just read above, just the oil leak is bad enough, but then the sales people not dealing with it in an immediate manner, trying to fob people off(which I'm pretty sure was to just bury their heads in the sand). it all just looks so worrying for such a large amount of money sad.png

Edited by MaiDong

Actually I would say the Honda is better suited for the pot holes here. It got a way better suspension and seat in that regard. The Scrambler will beat you up.

By the way today while riding my left mirror came lose and turned itself inward. Couldn't fix the bolt by hand, needed to wait till I'm home to get it in the right position again and tighten with a wrench.

I am 100% convinced that the Thai assembly plant has pretty big quality issues.

My Honda on the other hand has been rock solid for the past 3 years and service in Phuket always top notch. With Ducati I am still waiting to get the 3k THB reimbursed.that I had to pay for the truck to get the bike back to the dealer. That must have been now something like 2 1/2 months. Also still waiting now 1 1/2 months for some parts from Italy.

I wanted to buy the official tank protectors but the dealer didn't even know they exist. A motorbike customization shop not far from BKK called Mugello has them though. You know why? Because they fscking care about their work! Thai + italian management = epic fail.

I asked the bloke in the Ducati dealership nearest me about customisation and he said it wouldn't be available, this was before the bike was on sale but still, he should have known there was at least SOME customisation available!

What Honda do you have? I like the look of the CB650F, apart from the headlamp which is going the same way as all the other transformers-esque styling in modern naked bikes(perhaps I could change that...)

With regards to the bike on these roads, I was refering more to the more traditional scrambler riding position of the Scrambler, rather than the components, but I take your point :)

And yes, it does indeed look like the assembly plant has issues, Mrs Maidong said things have changed in recent years and that employees are under rigorous working conditions but I bet they still sneak in a few mistakes, hence your situation, which in all honestly, if that was me, I'd be incredibly heavy-hearted about it all...

I don't know what to think now, the styling of the Ducati - apart from the exhaust & and the upgrade - is beautiful, especially the Classic version, but for over B400,000 I want over B400,000 worth of bike and I'm not sure that's what I'd get, what choices do I have, other than the Ducati Scrambler, in that style of bike?

I don't know what to think now, the styling of the Ducati - apart from the exhaust & and the upgrade - is beautiful, especially the Classic version, but for over B400,000 I want over B400,000 worth of bike and I'm not sure that's what I'd get, what choices do I have, other than the Ducati Scrambler, in that style of bike?

The Triumph Scrambler at 635k

If you want a scrambler, look around at the older 400-600cc bikes available. Then search that plus the word scrambler and get an idea of how you can cut one up.

For example, an XJ650 Scrambler:

tumblr_ngzriptBgL1rfbtcdo1_1280.jpg

That's an amazing looking bike in that pic!

B650,000 is way over my budget though!

I had this little lady over in Cambo last year, cost me about B50,000, the styling is right down my street, I just love it, that's why I gravitated towards the Scrambler, but not if I'll be at the mercy of lazy customer service, not for that kind of money.

post-78826-0-04876500-1434210007_thumb.j

post-78826-0-70370100-1434210024_thumb.j

You can get an XJ650 for about 70-100k Baht and then go from there, bet for 200k you could make a beast of a scrambler, hell you can even swap an R6 front end on them (granted, rare to find in Thailand)

For something like what you had, I would say a Honda FTR, about 60-90k with book, most don't have one though and run 35-45k

Hello all, I've just paid my deposit for the urban enduro at the pattaya dealer and it should be coming around 3 weeks time.

Whilst I was walking round the icons they have at the showroom I noticed that the scrambler comes with the EVAP canister for emissions control.

To all the people who own the scrambler or any other bike with this device, have you decided to remove this set up and plug the threads or hoseS to bypass it.

From all the research I've done about the EVAP it's a pretty common modification that's recommended due to a few performances factors.

Any comments on whether the dealer recommends customers to remove it altogether as emissions in Thailand are not something we really need to worry about.

Apparently it should only be on there for the American market. European spec bikes don't require them.

I'm thinking of removing mine if it has it based on it only being there to recycle the fumes from the gas tank.

Ducati removed the evap cannister on my 899. Warranty is unaffected.

You can get an XJ650 for about 70-100k Baht and then go from there, bet for 200k you could make a beast of a scrambler, hell you can even swap an R6 front end on them (granted, rare to find in Thailand)

For something like what you had, I would say a Honda FTR, about 60-90k with book, most don't have one though and run 35-45k

I didn't think we could get FTR's in Thailand, I've certainly not seen any in over 10 years living here.

I didn't think we could get FTR's in Thailand, I've certainly not seen any in over 10 years living here.

Really man? I lived in Chiang Mai for 6 out of the last 10 years (bounced back to the US for a second degree, here again) and I saw FTR's all the time.

http://www.cm-club.com/forum/showthread.php?t=825642

http://www.cm-club.com/forum/showthread.php?t=738118

http://www.kaidee.com/c149-motorcycle/?q=ftr

this looks to be the only one with a plate, whether or not it is a bent book is a different story.

http://www.kaidee.com/product-105965510

When I was looking for a rare bikes I would hardly bother with any English based site. Forums and facebook seems like the way to go. However there was 1 expired ad for a plated FTR on Bahtsold, wanted 80k.

The problem is a 2001-2003 plated FTR will run you 80k, a 10 year newer CRF 250 is 10k Baht more.

Really man?....

this looks to be the only one with a plate, whether or not it is a bent book is a different story.

http://www.kaidee.com/product-105965510

I think herein lies the reason, no plates = unregistered bike, in effect, it doesn't exist here.

No plates = no bike for me, I'm not going to give the bent coppers here any chance to take my hard-earned money!

In my 10+ years in Thailand, I've never seen an FTR, I've spent most of those years in BKK but many times I've travelled North & South and never seen an FTR. It's probably MUCH easier to get away with an unregistered bike in CM than it is here in BKK, for that reason, I wouldn't even bother trying to get one here.

I heard they simply weren't allowed here - hence no plates/unregistered - and I'm not going to be the one to rock that particular boat.

No, that one you linked says "inv." in the first line.

The one I linked here: http://www.kaidee.com/product-105965510

he is saying full registration in his ad "ทะเบียนเต็ม"

Your best bet might jut be cutting up a registered bike to your liking.

This WAS a Ninja 250 until a shop in Indonesia got a hold of it.

Kawasaki-ninja-250-01.jpg

No, that one you linked says "inv." in the first line.

The one I linked here: http://www.kaidee.com/product-105965510

he is saying full registration in his ad "ทะเบียนเต็ม"

Your best bet might jut be cutting up a registered bike to your liking.

This WAS a Ninja 250 until a shop in Indonesia got a hold of it.

Kawasaki-ninja-250-01.jpg

After reading the other thread running about "Police crackdown on modified bikes" maybe?

Ehh, they have been doing that periodically for years. I admit I have been out of Thailand for a year and there have been some big changes, but a lot of the things they are pushing have been on the books for awhile.

I would worry more about a Wave or KSR with an Endurance brand muffler more so than the bike above. Though, I wouldn't touch an inv only bike unless it was for track/offroad use only.

• 3 weeks later...

From Motorcycle News:

Ducati have sold 32,600 motorcycles in the first six months of 2015 - an increase of 22% - leading to an all-time sales record for the Italian manufacturer.

The biggest percentage insreases were recorded in Italy (+51%), followed by Spain (+38%), the UK (+36%), Germany (+24%) and France (+23%). The USA is Ducati's leading market, with sales rising by 10%.

9000 Ducati Scramblers have been sold so far this year, alongside 4700 Multistradas, 3700 Monster 821s and 3000 Panigales.

• 5 months later...

Er, no. XLCH/XLCR every day of the week. A very under rated motorcycle. I have a soft spot for Sportsters, Ironheads, as well as pre 03 Evos. They f##ked them up completely 03 on with rubber mounting the engine (for gays), 06 with FI, and even worse, for mechanics, you now have to split the cases to do any g/box work, doing away with the trap door/ cassette type cluster that had been fitted to Sportsters since year dot. Rant over.

Er, no. XLCH/XLCR every day of the week. A very under rated motorcycle. I have a soft spot for Sportsters, Ironheads, as well as pre 03 Evos. They f##ked them up completely 03 on with rubber mounting the engine (for gays), 06 with FI, and even worse, for mechanics, you now have to split the cases to do any g/box work, doing away with the trap door/ cassette type cluster that had been fitted to Sportsters since year dot. Rant over.

The harley xlcr looks awesome. Its the only Harley I would not mind having a go on.(only for a very short ride though)

Ducati however got both looks and handling. wink.png

Edited by pokerkid