Ducati Scrambler 2015

Doubt you will see any flaming or burning around here, at least in this thread.

I, and I think I can speak for the other guys here, love all kinds of bikes, including Ducatis.

A bike is like a woman, some like them fat, some skinny, with big headlights, with small tanks....whatever.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am sure we will see a significant number of scramblers in Thailand within a year or two. And i am also sure this model will be ducatis bread winner and possibly become the best selling model in their lineup.

These type of entry model bikes are bringing good profit for makers so they can earn good money to invest on creating bikes like 899 or 1299 panigale and more so it is a benefit for sport bike lovers:)

if scrambler sales pass monster sales, i do not get surprised as for Thai people, it is retro and cheaper so a good combination for good sales here - and probably elsewhere too.

Edited by ll2

i am sure we will see a significant number of scramblers in Thailand within a year or two. And i am also sure this model will be ducatis bread winner and possibly become the best selling model in their lineup.

These type of entry model bikes are bringing good profit for makers so they can earn good money to invest on creating bikes like 899 or 1299 panigale and more so it is a benefit for sport bike lovers:)

if scrambler sales pass monster sales, i do not get surprised as for Thai people, it is retro and cheaper so a good combination for good sales here - and probably elsewhere too.

Hit in on the head with this one! Absolutely and entirely agree with this statement. I even do believe that Triumph sells much more Bonnies or Scramblers than any other bikes and this at the price there are at.

The Scrambler in my opinion is a stroke of genius by Ducati - financially-. That it comes in 4 'flavours' with a huge array of accessories shows where they position themselves.

It won't be for the 'die-hard true biker'....I guess, but there are lots and lots of guys here who just use a big 2000-3000 km per year....

Not in Thailand, that is a Husqvarna concept.

Husqvarna does not sell in Thailand and it is not even sure this bike will even be produced.

Side note about Husqvarna which I use to own one & loved

They were sold to KTM's Stefan Pierer last year

Just came back from the presentation.

I must say it was very well organized and quite fun. I'm not going to write a full report here as I will do that tomorrow somewhere else, but I can tell you that the Scrambler looks and feels really nice. I was dying to try it out or at least hear it, but I could only sit on them...

Like someone said before...I think they're going to sell very well.

The highlight for me was meeting this gentleman...do you recognize him?!?

What a lovely chap, we talked for 20mins and he didn't mind giving me autographs and taking pictures.

post-159090-0-56300400-1415463297_thumb.

post-159090-0-91501000-1415463311_thumb.

I will add some more pics later on.

I couldn't make it unfortunately, damn. OmegaRacer: so you couldn't hear the sound? They didn't turn them on and drive a few meters at all?

They look even better in the real pictures than the ones on the website. Can't wait to see them in flesh! One more month waiting.

bramds: Is the release date official? I still can't find anything but April is a bit late imho :( Dealer was expecting it early December in the showroom but by "available" you probably mean deliveries. 4 Months to delivery is quite a long time. In Europe they're supposed to be available in January I've read somewhere. If it's really April then I might go for something else, don't want to wait another half year.

Ducati Scrambler Voted Most Beautiful Bike Of EICMA 2014 STANDINGS 1. Ducati Scrambler (43%) 2. MV Agusta Brutale RR Dragster 800 (15%) 3. Yamaha YZF-R1 (14%) 4. Aprilia Tuono V4 Factory in 1100 (8%) 5. BMW S 1000 XR (6%) 6. Moto Guzzi Eldorado (3%) 7. Honda Crossrunner (2%) 8. Husqvarna 701 Supermoto (2%) 9. Triumph Street Triple RX (1%) 10. Suzuki GSX-S1000F (1%)

http://www.ducati.net/2014/11/ducati-scrambler-voted-most-beautiful-bike-of-eicma-2014/

I went to check it out today. Really nice bike.

Seat is pretty low and I personally found the handlebars too high, but that is easily fixed.

Price is from 380K baht to 440K baht. Will be available in April.

Any special show promotions? Was it just a 1 day event?

No promotions. As far as I know you couldn't reserve one yet, might be possible at the next motorshow.

There was a shop selling tshirts and iphone cases.

Not sure if it was only one day. The poster did say November 9th, but that was just the launch.

Go check it out at Central World, can't miss it, big yellow containers, quite easy to spot, next to a Mercedes promotional thing.

If it is not there anymore then it was a one day event :-)

Great post OmegaRacer! You mentioned that the Scrambler looks better in flesh than on pictures and I totally believe you since I got that suspicion when I saw "real" photos from the recent shows instead of the website pictures. Can you confirm the mentioned availability in April or any other info like prices?

To be honest, I was so excited to talk with Paul Smart, that I totally forgot to ask those questions.

Amazingly, despite my amateurish blog post, Ducati decided to give me free tickets for the upcoming Motorshow (29Nov-10Dec I think) where they will give all the info.

post-159090-0-86143400-1415706012_thumb.

from the Scrambler Facebook page:

Hey there, Scrambler fans!!
The wait is almost over. The official price for all Ducati Scrambler models will soon be released at the Motor Expo 2014 where you can also start ordering for your Scrambler.

But, before we get there, let’s make something clear. The red and yellow Scrambler Icon will definitely be priced below 400,000THB. While the Scrambler Full Throttle, Urban Enduro and Classic, may have a price tag around 10% more than the Scrambler Icon.

Stay tuned for the official figures and See you at Motor Expo 2014.

Nothing personal bramds but I wish you are wrong! :) I want to try the bike ASAP haha. At least the latest info from Facebook suggests the guy might not have had totally accurate info as 380k vs 440k is quite a bit more than 10%. I hope for early/mid December test ride and early January delivery. A man can dream...

No no, it's not about trustworthyness. I guess that Facebook page is also run by Ducati so they're both horse's mouths, I just believe the version that suits me more! :)

One thing seems certain though: at the end of the month we'll know the facts. Two more weeks to go.