Ducati Scrambler 2015

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

up to post 60 I've seen motards, motocross, trail and desert racer type bikes...not one "scrambler" in the true sense.

Google Alan Lampkin and see what a "scrambler" is.

It's a modern take on a classic design. What were you expecting? A re-release of a 35 year old bike?

up to post 60 I've seen motards, motocross, trail and desert racer type bikes...not one "scrambler" in the true sense.

Google Alan Lampkin and see what a "scrambler" is.

It's a modern take on a classic design. What were you expecting? A re-release of a 35 year old bike?

+1

I think it looks great, can't wait to see it in the flesh.

• 2 weeks later...

^ just got a text from Ducati Thonglor (sales girl Noey 081 899 0493) saying Scrambler prices as follows -

Icon red 369,900

Icon yellow 374,900

Urban Enduri green 419,900

Classic orange 419,900

Full throttle black 419,900

Yeah...same here

Scrambler ราคาเปิดแล้วค่า !!

Icon red 369,900

Icon yellow 374,900

Urban Enduri green 419,900

Classic orange 419,900

Full throttle black 419,900

สนใจติดต่อ เนย ดูคาติทองหล่อ 081-899-0493

yep, motorshow is about to open its doors at 12:00 - 15 minutes later!

we will get a lot of price and info soon!

369 k thb is a very very good price IMO, even i might be tempted to buy one for Bangkok rides as price is sooo right!

Note: Icon red and yellow are different from each other? In the price brochure above, they do not look the same, pipe is different for example. What is the difference between them apart from color and 10 k price difference?

Edited by ll2

369 k thb is a very very good price IMO, even i might be tempted to buy one for Bangkok rides as price is sooo right!

Note: Icon red and yellow are different from each other? In the price brochure above, they do not look the same, pipe is different for example. What is the difference between them apart from color and 10 k price difference?

Red and yellow Icon only differ in the color. Not sure where you see a different pipe in the picture. The only one with a different pipe is the full throttle with the dual Termignoni exhaust. The 10k more for yellow probably come from the stupid fact that the colors seen in ads always cost more like with many cars or other bikes (CB650F in white for example 3k more than other colors) :(

Will be there sunday probably to check it out and decide which bike to get finally. Looking forward to it!

Red and yellow Icon only differ in the color. Not sure where you see a different pipe in the picture. The only one with a different pipe is the full throttle with the dual Termignoni exhaust. The 10k more for yellow probably come from the stupid fact that the colors seen in ads always cost more like with many cars or other bikes (CB650F in white for example 3k more than other colors) :(

Will be there sunday probably to check it out and decide which bike to get finally. Looking forward to it!

Yeah. They listed the prices in a very confusing way on that brochure bramds posted so that is why confused. It is same but prefer red of course if honda or ducati!

Can anyone grab the price list for Accessories and Apparell if available?

From every shop?

Not sure I understand your question. Are you suggesting the local dealers have this list now already? A few days ago they didn't have it and I guessed they would show it at the motor expo first.

Well brambs was correct. They now say first deliveries will be in April. Accessories and apparell will be in the showrooms in March. Test drive also April.

They look better in the flesh than on the pictures. On pictures they look quite small but when I sat on it, it felt exactly right. Lower than my CBR500R but not extremely low.

The build quality was very good from what I could tell, the rear suspension maybe a bit on the soft side. Surprisingly I liked the red Icon the most followed by the Classic.

They said for 5-7k they can even paint it in a different color scheme if wanted. Before the motor expo I liked the yellow one more.

Am a bit worried about heat since the piping is similar to the Monster 821 and people complained a lot about it. The sales person said it wont be bad because the engine is so de-tuned but we'll see.

I put down a 30k fully refundable deposit on a red Icon but can change to any other model or cancel without problems if I change my mind. I also made delivery pending on a test ride here in Phuket as I never buy a bike without at least a few minutes on it.

5 months to decide if I want to go with it or get something with a better performance to baht ratio. The choice between looks and inner values... tough times!

That is the first thing I noticed too when I sat on it, the rear suspension is very very soft. But nothing that can be changed, I guess.

Rear suspension (and front) are very low budget. Front cannot be adjusted and rear only for pre load the old fashion way. It is going to be a talking point for sure after the bikes are handed to their owners. Then again, an Ohlins rear shock absorber for this bike should be no more than 24k Baht from dirt shop. That's what I paid for my Monster those these. Maybe it's even the same unit. For the front there will be some cartridges available at some stage. For many a hidden cost of up to 50k Baht. For me at least.

same same with suspensions. rear was very very light, felling like it was about to bottom. front was soft too

also handlebars were so elastic, small inputs and it was bending down. it looked like the first part to change to me!

switches were low quality too.

but these are show models so you never know. hard to judge before riding one.

eisfeld man, good choice really. congrats. wish you great and safe rides!

the best looking was red icon model for me as well. it is looking bigger and so cool in real. good bike with nice touches. tempting bike and price is sooo right.

I saw this bike and it looks good, but for 400K for it, nope. to me it's just style.

I don't know why everyone think it will be a great seller.

If considering performance, you can get many new bikes now at similar price. MT-09, Street Triple, Z800, etc.

brfsa2: it will sell well in thailand just because it's retro + ducati and their cheapest :)

And yes it is mainly about style with this bike. Performance is quite bad compared to other bikes in this price range. You can get something much much better if that's what you are after.

Hell the CB650F is about 100k cheaper and has 11 more HP. Or the Street Triple for 420k with 31 HP advantage. I too would like more oomph for sure.

But the appeal of the bike to me at least is the combination of style, riding ergonomics and just-enough power. It feels easy-going.

I saw this bike and it looks good, but for 400K for it, nope. to me it's just style.

I don't know why everyone think it will be a great seller.

If considering performance, you can get many new bikes now at similar price. MT-09, Street Triple, Z800, etc.

Different types of bikes, the classic/retro design is really fashionable now and it's a nice looking bike. Plus it's a Ducati which is very popular in Thailand, their service network and service levels are also far superior to Yamaha and Triumph. Also the entry level icon is still a fair bit cheaper than the MT-09 and Street Triple, around 60,000 baht which could service the bike for a few years, that's significant if you're stretching your budget to buy it in the first place...

To be honest it's not really my thing either, I'd take a Street Triple before I bought this, but I can totally see why others would be attracted to it.

Ducati is making a mistake with all this goofy lifestyle branding.

"Diesel" Monsters with a clothing line?

AMG Diavels ?

Hipster Scramblers?

Red Ducati sneakers?

Gag me with a spoon.

Got to go with KTM or MV Agusta now.

Well if you got the cash,why not. But in KTM's case i dont like their price gauging trying to make it a luxury brand. You can't escape lifestyle branding.

http://www.ktmpartspro.com/footwear-shoes-products.htm

lovely shoes,you likey?

Edited by pokerkid

brfsa2: it will sell well in thailand just because it's retro + ducati and their cheapest smile.png

And yes it is mainly about style with this bike. Performance is quite bad compared to other bikes in this price range. You can get something much much better if that's what you are after.

Hell the CB650F is about 100k cheaper and has 11 more HP. Or the Street Triple for 420k with 31 HP advantage. I too would like more oomph for sure.

But the appeal of the bike to me at least is the combination of style, riding ergonomics and just-enough power. It feels easy-going.

agreed. it is Ducati, retro and below 400 k thb.

Also, it is not slow! it has a 75 hp engine and on a very light bike so sure it will be totally fine in terms of power.

Ducati is making a mistake with all this goofy lifestyle branding.

"Diesel" Monsters with a clothing line?

AMG Diavels ?

Hipster Scramblers?

Red Ducati sneakers?

Gag me with a spoon.

Got to go with KTM or MV Agusta now.

So you consider branding and image (or 'lack of' in your case) to be more important than price, quality, servicing network etc. Sounds like you're just as concerned with being 'core as the hipsters are with being hip. Given the pricing of KTM/MV in Thailand, being such a badass might get a bit expensive.