Two men arrested under suspicion of PDRC protest stage attack in Trat

webfact

Thin @thinink 3h

Eh? MT @samanthahawley: "Do you have foreign husbands? You always take side of foreigners” say police on loud speaker, crowd angry #thaicoup

Make of this what you will

I just love the smell of a coup in the morning

Is any of this on Thai TVwhistling.gif

So, being called out on your BS post claiming it was a set up by the army now you shif gears to derailing the thread with off-topic posts instead.

Say again, what was that about propaganda?

• Like 1

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Richard Barrow @RichardBarrow 2h

6:26pm RT @c4sparks: Army loudspeaker in English: 'Message for the foreign press. Game is over. Go home' pic.twitter.com/UbmpMPja4k #ThaiCoup

Not even propaganda

Context? This was said to the press at the site of the anti-coup demonstrators 3 hours after the protestors have left - so pretty accurate then - show is over, go home.

How about this one:

LZ1vD3oP_normal.jpeg Richard Barrow @RichardBarrow · 3h

6:33pm RT @aleursic: “Thanks for coming, please come back tomorrow”, police just said to the diminishing crowd at Victory Monument #Bangkok

Time for your type of rhetoric has passed. Does it not worry you that the forces in charge of this country are spewing anti foreigner bile.

Richard Barrow @RichardBarrow 2h

6:26pm RT @c4sparks: Army loudspeaker in English: 'Message for the foreign press. Game is over. Go home' pic.twitter.com/UbmpMPja4k #ThaiCoup

Not even propaganda

Context? This was said to the press at the site of the anti-coup demonstrators 3 hours after the protestors have left - so pretty accurate then - show is over, go home.

How about this one:

6:33pm RT @aleursic: “Thanks for coming, please come back tomorrow”, police just said to the diminishing crowd at Victory Monument #Bangkok

Time for your type of rhetoric has passed. Does it not worry you that the forces in charge of this country are spewing anti foreigner bile.

Actually it seems the time for YOUR kind of rhetoric has passed - or did you miss the commands wrt anti-coup rhetoric?

Richard Barrow ‏@RichardBarrow 2h

Not even propaganda

How about this one:

6:33pm RT @aleursic: Thanks for coming, please come back tomorrow, police just said to the diminishing crowd at Victory Monument #Bangkok

Absolutely not! With any luck it might get BBC to look into the cr@p Head has been submitting.

Firstly - RIP to the Ranger and condolences to the family. Very sad.

I said it before and I will say it again. The perfect coup.

The General was very very right in arresting the PTP and UDD leadership. Look at what they have been covering up.

They are essentially condoning and allowing terrorism to flourish. This is not by the lack of arrests made or the amount of weapons seized in 7 month by the PTP, but by the amount the General's men have made and weapons seized in 5 days.

With these swift and just arrests and seizures one can be assured that when the General makes his statement as to why he staged this coup you can be assured the names of PTP and UDD elements will be revealed and just like the General will not reveal names now to ensure it does not sour the current investigation he will not state the "nuts and bolts" for the reasons for the coup until the public are safe when all current investigations are completed.

Chalerm and the PTP could learn a thing or two from this Genera Prayuth.

First - How to keep promises as the rice payment. The General made one promise to pay in 3 weeks and the first payments happened 3 days after his promise.

Secondly - Do not speak about ongoing investigations Chalerm. Do not jump over yourself to release names to the public.

I bet the General will not say he will wear glasses and a fake mustache to arrest the others involved in the Trat attacks.

Bravo General. Bravo old mate.

As we are not allowed to post any anti-coup comments or replies (understandably) couldn't you refrain from posting provocative comments?

Lovely lovely coup.

You CAN post provocative comments, but you just have to begin and end each post with:

Lovely lovely coup.

Thank you for your time taken in looking at this post.

Lovely lovely coup.

By the way, I just love djamie's posts.

Lovely lovely coup.

• Like 1

Good they have a couple of suspects in custody, now lets see where it leads.

Im not sure how they can say the forensics of bullets match as yet or anything else but way to go in at least having someone.

Now lets see if they squeal and give details of who ordered it.

Oh and btw remember the military can do whatever they like, they dont have to take things through due process or the courts, when you can do whatever you want you can get stuff done far more under a coup.

The only problem with that is there tends to be a lot of kangaroo courts and innocents routinely confess under torture to anything.. Just bare it in mind.

True people do confess under torture, but chances of torture are also not that slim under the PTP controlled police. Under a coup stuff gets done but I honestly think that they had information before that they did not want to share with the police because of who they are aligned with. They could have tipped the suspects off. I think (guess) that the army has been making plans and gathering evidence for when the coup comes to swiftly go after the people responsible.

But I can grantee one thing even with proof there will be plenty of red posters not believing it for sure.

Have to agree.

Looks like the military has been thinking about cleaning house for a while.

Im not sure how they can say the forensics of bullets match as yet or anything else but way to go in at least having someone.

Oh and btw remember the military can do whatever they like, they dont have to take things through due process or the courts, when you can do whatever you want you can get stuff done far more under a coup.

The only problem with that is there tends to be a lot of kangaroo courts and innocents routinely confess under torture to anything.. Just bare it in mind.

True people do confess under torture, but chances of torture are also not that slim under the PTP controlled police. Under a coup stuff gets done but I honestly think that they had information before that they did not want to share with the police because of who they are aligned with. They could have tipped the suspects off. I think (guess) that the army has been making plans and gathering evidence for when the coup comes to swiftly go after the people responsible.

But I can grantee one thing even with proof there will be plenty of red posters not believing it for sure.

yes, they did their homework months ahead ... it's also their job to do so.

The General was very very right in arresting the PTP and UDD leadership. Look at what they have been covering up.

They are essentially condoning and allowing terrorism to flourish. This is not by the lack of arrests made or the amount of weapons seized in 7 month by the PTP, but by the amount the General's men have made and weapons seized in 5 days.

With these swift and just arrests and seizures one can be assured that when the General makes his statement as to why he staged this coup you can be assured the names of PTP and UDD elements will be revealed and just like the General will not reveal names now to ensure it does not sour the current investigation he will not state the "nuts and bolts" for the reasons for the coup until the public are safe when all current investigations are completed.

First - How to keep promises as the rice payment. The General made one promise to pay in 3 weeks and the first payments happened 3 days after his promise.

Secondly - Do not speak about ongoing investigations Chalerm. Do not jump over yourself to release names to the public.

I bet the General will not say he will wear glasses and a fake mustache to arrest the others involved in the Trat attacks.

As we are not allowed to post any anti-coup comments or replies (understandably) couldn't you refrain from posting provocative comments?

Let them bathe in their current glory. The military have temporary control, they have said there will be elections. The military will not be running for office. In the meantime, I hope that those being arrested are the right people and that their rights to a trial are ensured.

You are hoping PTP win again and we have the last 3 years played out again.

I can see no reason for torture! Those detained have a lot to lose, there is incentive enough for them to start singing - passing the buck and showing (attempting to) that they are not part of the extremist fringe. Also those 21 arrested in KK face the death penalty for terrorism, not hard to make a deal there!

The Army is the one groups who gets things DONE in Thailand!

Yes the army gets it done...cleaning their own house before the trail goes back to them

Is it me or does this smell like another propaganda excercise.

The Op online 17.25 and in the course of today they have performed a major raid and found the gun and had a ballistics check blah de blah de blah and guess what its a match...christ almighty it does not happen that quick on CSI. And a dead ranger for sympathy. Have an automatic rifle and fire a shot gun..who does that

Poor sods are not even adept at propaganda.

No details or even the identities of the two arrested suspects were made public by the marines for fear that they might be killed to prevent them from making confession which might lead to the mastermind who ordered the attack of the PDRC protesters.

fear they might be killed while they are in marine custody to prevent them making confession. You cant make this <deleted> up...Its Disney and some

Since you sold the team a few years ago please stop using the shirt to spout your propaganda. I guess you where out in the sun to long before writing this stuff stay indoors in Dubai during the summer months better for your health.

Have to agree.

Looks like the military has been thinking about cleaning house for a while.

You'll recall an awful lot of information and evidence has and was being handed over to the military rather than police over the past 6 mths.

No doubt they have been building up pictures during that time.

There is of course another reason its going on now and that is the army dont need warrants and can go in where and when they choose. This is the best time to use it while they can do anything outside the usual laws they want.

The Police even had they wanted to could not do that.

I am absolutely certain there are parties out there affiliated to political sides and are radical enough to have been using whatever means.

What im really interested in is not the ground troops but the paymasters. I am however sceptical things will become that transparent here.

I think its probably a good idea to keep in mind there is nothing legal in the civilian sense going on here, it could and probably will be at some point be called a purge. Lets hope if there is a purge it looks at ALL sides and cancer, but i dont think for a second it'll be like that.

we can have dreams though ;)

• Like 1

Saksith Saiyasombut ‏@Saksith 3h

Very worrying to see police/authorities inciting hate against foreigners and foreign press…! :/ #ThaiCoup

Direct from the scene

Now where are those muppets that wanted a coup......best you leave this to the more politically astute posters

Yes Sir, very much so Sir, will definitely leave this to such a politically astute poster like you Sir!

• Like 2

Steve Herman @W7VOA 3h

Foreign media being targeted by police loudspeaker truck at Victory Monument anti-#ThaiCoup rally.

Freedom of the press being slaughtered...Army cant control the free press

Silly propagandist, here is the announcement from your reference....

Army loudspeaker: 'now more press than protesters. Please go home. See you tomorrow!' - he has a point.

Lol, the friendly coup, only in Thailand.

• Like 1

You could be arrested and tried in a military court by insinuating that you are provoked by those positive statements....just sayin'

• Like 1

I respect both your comments.

In 91 days no arrests were made on the terrorist attacks in Trat under the PTP. The supporters of the PTP / UDD celebrated the attacks and deaths of these people with clapping and cheering. Reiterate, the supporters that clapped and cheered support a govt that did not arrest a single person involved in the deaths of innocent people including children.

In 5 days under Junta rule where there is no agenda, 2 arrests were made and a gun positively identified in the attack. Is that good or not? Should they be arrested or should we sarcastically say "Lovely, lovely coup"

Lets suggest hypothetically that the Junta arrest every guilty person that attacked the PDRC. Then lets suggest those arrested were red shirt supporters.

Would people still demonize the army or suggest this is not a good coup?

Should injustice and lack of accountability be allowed to flourish and the PTP defended while so much progress is made in making murderers or potential murderers accountable.

Let facts speak for themselves.

I have family in Thailand. Rest assured if anyone hurt my kids I would want them held accountable whether they were red shirts or PDRC. I don't care who did it, I would want them arressted.

So when you say lovely coup my friend. I agree and I agree while looking at my son that is 4 years old and looking at me with an innocent face.

I know that we are now living under a society where anyone that ever harms my child (heaven forbid) they will be held accountable. We did not have that 5 days ago.

General Preyuth, you have mine and my wives undying respect.

And this is why I support the coup and even though some may think my comments are provocative, rest assured they are not. I look at the picture of the below innocent victims and I thank god for Preyuth. I thank him for protecting all Thai's since the coup.

Open the pic and look at it. Look in those kids eyes and tell me you would defend a govt that hide facts and obscure investigations into their deaths. Surely you have a heart.

"lovely, lovely coup"? You bet ya anteater. You betya…….

All of them???

You could be arrested and tried in a military court by insinuating that you are provoked by those positive statements....just sayin'

It's a fair cop...

The organizers and financiers of these attacks must be real nervous right now.

Follow the money. It will be real interesting to see where it leads. Any guesses?

I wouldn't stake my life on any particular player OR side to be honest at this point.

One can be honest, and ignorant, at the same time, as you just proved, or would you be some red denialist in disguise, maybe?

No - I am in the same position as 99.999% of the country.

I do not know without a shadow of a doubt who is behind each attack.

I have my suspicions but I won't use that to spread rumors (and hatred) until proof comes up. When proof does come up, I will not put on my tin foil hat and call it a conspiracy either.

The organizers and financiers of these attacks must be real nervous right now.

Follow the money. It will be real interesting to see where it leads. Any guesses?

I wouldn't stake my life on any particular player OR side to be honest at this point.

I certainly would..... ........ Stake Your life that is .........rolleyes.gif

The Army is the one groups who gets things DONE in Thailand!

Yes the army gets it done...cleaning their own house before the trail goes back to them

Is it me or does this smell like another propaganda excercise.

The Op online 17.25 and in the course of today they have performed a major raid and found the gun and had a ballistics check blah de blah de blah and guess what its a match...christ almighty it does not happen that quick on CSI. And a dead ranger for sympathy. Have an automatic rifle and fire a shot gun..who does that

Poor sods are not even adept at propaganda.

No details or even the identities of the two arrested suspects were made public by the marines for fear that they might be killed to prevent them from making confession which might lead to the mastermind who ordered the attack of the PDRC protesters.

fear they might be killed while they are in marine custody to prevent them making confession. You cant make this <deleted> up...Its Disney and some

It is you, not a propaganda exercise.

This military gets things done and does it right!

Sorry they lost a soldier to the child killer but that karma will come back to him.

Keep up the good work Prayuth, best thing that has happened to Thai politics possibly ever!!

• Like 1

I respect both your comments.

In 91 days no arrests were made on the terrorist attacks in Trat under the PTP. The supporters of the PTP / UDD celebrated the attacks and deaths of these people with clapping and cheering. Reiterate, the supporters that clapped and cheered support a govt that did not arrest a single person involved in the deaths of innocent people including children.

In 5 days under Junta rule where there is no agenda, 2 arrests were made and a gun positively identified in the attack. Is that good or not? Should they be arrested or should we sarcastically say "Lovely, lovely coup"

Lets suggest hypothetically that the Junta arrest every guilty person that attacked the PDRC. Then lets suggest those arrested were red shirt supporters.

Would people still demonize the army or suggest this is not a good coup?

Should injustice and lack of accountability be allowed to flourish and the PTP defended while so much progress is made in making murderers or potential murderers accountable.

Let facts speak for themselves.

I have family in Thailand. Rest assured if anyone hurt my kids I would want them held accountable whether they were red shirts or PDRC. I don't care who did it, I would want them arressted.

So when you say lovely coup my friend. I agree and I agree while looking at my son that is 4 years old and looking at me with an innocent face.

I know that we are now living under a society where anyone that ever harms my child (heaven forbid) they will be held accountable. We did not have that 5 days ago.

General Preyuth, you have mine and my wives undying respect.

And this is why I support the coup and even though some may think my comments are provocative, rest assured they are not. I look at the picture of the below innocent victims and I thank god for Preyuth. I thank him for protecting all Thai's since the coup.

Open the pic and look at it. Look in those kids eyes and tell me you would defend a govt that hide facts and obscure investigations into their deaths. Surely you have a heart.

"lovely, lovely coup"? You bet ya anteater. You betya…….

All of them???

All of who mate? The innocent kids? The innocent protestors? My family? My kids? What are you talking about?

Condolences to the family of the para-military ranger killed by these scum bags. It is looking more positive with each new and quickly moving day that it might not be in vain.

It is pleasing to see the amount of support that is now coming in for the junta from all corners. Including also in news clips today from the Shinawatra stronghold in the north where large groups of village headmen were thanking and showing their support for the Army Junta for the rice payments that are starting to flow today. Good work the Junta and the strong disciplined endeavor of a few days to step in the direction to right the years of abuse is being rightfully rewarded.

The great thing about the Junta and their censorship of all news souces is that we finally get the truth from the north.

I hope that all the army lovers out there apply the same stringent (by Thai standards) level of accountability and transparency they expected of the PTP to the current object of their affections.

Okay, we may now have levels of freedom and transparency that makes the PTP tenure look like heaven, but we'll put that down to operational necessity. But the clock is ticking. How long will this honeymoon period last?

You'll recall an awful lot of information and evidence has and was being handed over to the military rather than police over the past 6 mths.

No doubt they have been building up pictures during that time.

There is of course another reason its going on now and that is the army dont need warrants and can go in where and when they choose. This is the best time to use it while they can do anything outside the usual laws they want.

The Police even had they wanted to could not do that.

I am absolutely certain there are parties out there affiliated to political sides and are radical enough to have been using whatever means.

What im really interested in is not the ground troops but the paymasters. I am however sceptical things will become that transparent here.

I think its probably a good idea to keep in mind there is nothing legal in the civilian sense going on here, it could and probably will be at some point be called a purge. Lets hope if there is a purge it looks at ALL sides and cancer, but i dont think for a second it'll be like that.

we can have dreams though ;)

Have to agree with a few things you said as well.

But I don't for a moment believe the police were doing everything they could.

And even if search warrants are required, were they all quashed by Abdul and his cohorts? Either way, I shouldn't think it would make me feel any better about the police.

What we've seen time and time again is that these people think they are untouchable; the "ground troops" (seemingly protected by the police) and the pay masters alike. I suspect now that they're being touched, they're not happy about it. Prayuth will get the "ground troops" first, and they will sing. And considering how widespread it is, it won't take long to get to the top.

And don't forget about that car in Nakhon Nayok. I wouldn't be surprised to see it again in the news soon.