Non b visa for a Cameroon teacher

Our new Cameroon teacher recently went to Singapore to obtain his Non B armed with the relevent school paperwork. He chose Singapore as he has been there before without problems. This time he was informed there is a new rule and people from his country have to obtain their Non B in their own country or nearest country with a Thai Embassy ( Nigeria). Is anybody aware of this 'new rule'. He is going to try Malaysia but if this rule is correct i feel this would be a wasted journey! He is now stuck in Singapore awaiting a visa for Malaysia!

I believe some nationalities are required to get the B visa in their own countries, think India is one of them and Cameroon may now be on that list.

but to answer the general question yes in some cases the B needs to be issued in a person's own country

• 2 weeks later...

he choosed Singapore because it was visa free for Cameroonians right? i meet many Cameroonian teachers in penang getting visa without trouble as far as the had the right documenst

Are you the same guy who asked a similar question about this before? While I did suggest Singapore and Myanmar, I suspect that the suspicions about Singapore have now proven correct. He probably shouldn't have even left for Singapore in the first place.

I doubt he will easily obtain a visa for Malaysia from Singapore. If he is already in Singapore he should consider heading back home or to Nigeria for his visa. He could have tried Yangon to get his Thai visa but in order to obtain a Myanmar visa he would need to apply in Thailand as Singapore doesn't hand out Myanmar visas to non-residents. As Malaysia is quite strict too, I can't see him easily obtaining a Malaysian tourist visa either and of course once there (assuming he were able to obtain a Malaysian tourist visa) he probably won't have any luck getting a Thai visa.

So try Yangon as a final possibility otherwise back home. However, this will only work if his previous Thai visa has a re-entry permit. Because the Singapore embassy will not grant him any visa, even a tourist visa, especially not if he has just tried to obtain a non-B. So I suspect it's time for him to fly back home unless he has a re-entry permit for Thailand.

Edited by Tomtomtom69